• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Homeboyd

How about some Halo 4 news?

Need something to look forward to...

With Bungie's new game dropping in 2539, I need something NAO.

Don't worry, 99.9% of the Halo community is too cool for Kinect so it's gonna be a good while before someone figures this one out.

Putting on the new page,

Someone with a kinect say every word on This page, before the frankie post

Try, "Chess Knight, Lightning Bolt, Recon, Fyrewulff, Lunchbox and Legacy" first

Checked my pm's someone actually do this

TheOddOne

Halo 4 reveal will be next year, till then you can all suck it up and play Reach/Halo HD.

You will all eat you're shoes, I am right.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys see the MS statement about last weeks sales? Holy shit man. Real impressive.

And yea, I'm about ready to start hearing about Halo 4. I wish I was subscribed to Game Informer :p

You guys see the MS statement about last weeks sales? Holy shit man. Real impressive.

And yea, I'm about ready to start hearing about Halo 4. I wish I was subscribed to Game Informer :p

Try being in a country that cant get GI and having to find scans online :(.

Halo 4 news pl0x

I know. It just seems like these past few pages have seen people fully endorsing his plan from top to bottom.

I'm all for comments like "Juices makes a good point about changes to Campaign/FF matchmaking. Hire Juices." What bothers me is people essentially saying "Juices has posted a perfect playlist setup that needs to be adopted verbatim. Hire Juices." It just irks me when people stop saying "Juices has good ideas" and start saying "Juices could do a better job than 343" while ignoring the glaring holes in his plan (and the behind-the-scenes work that job requires).

Just makes me feel like I'm being trolled. It's not even Juices' fault, I have nothing against him. He certainly isn't as abrasive as some people have been today.

-------
Unrelated:

You know what Halo needs? Dragon shouts. Secret words of power that unleash destruction.

Screw you man, if that shit is a Kinect exclusive for Halo 4 I will seriously rage.

ELLIS! RUN!

So this basically confirms that screaming a certain phrase somewhere near something that isnt a natural formation will trigger something.

I guess the harder part of the egg will be getting the voice command to register even if you get it right lol. I mean if it doesnt work you wont know if its kinect's fualt or just not the right phrase.

EDIT: Oh im late lol.

Magni

Why do people forget the AMMO???

Coagulation had freaking Sniper and Rocket Ammo. I still don't understand why Bungle removed AMMO for weapons from maps. Seriously. Where is the AMMO GUYS?

You're totally right. Ammo was awesome in Halo 2, no idea why it went away. Is there even ammo in campaign in 3/ODST/Reach?

edit: not talking about the infinite ammo crates in Firefight of course.

Karl2177

You're totally right. Ammo was awesome in Halo 2, no idea why it went away. Is there even ammo in campaign in 3/ODST/Reach?

edit: not talking about the infinite ammo crates in Firefight of course.

Sniper and Shotgun ammo at the ammo caches in ODST. I'm not too sure about 3's campaign, but Reach only has Rocket.

MrBig

Not another Halo: Re- game...

Better than Final Fantasy 1345625.
Even IW was able to realize they needed to separate their branding for Modern Warfare.
They already have the Reclaimer subtitle, but they have returned the sequential naming of series they are taking in their own direction.

e: Dragon shouts are indeed essentially AAs

TheOddOne

Hey HaloGAF, what's the thing with IGN and Devo.
Hey Timedawg, nice to see you around these parts.

I think one of the crazy killing spree's Devo was on during a Reach match was featured on a IGN top 10 list. The list name escapes me, but my fellow gaffers will prolly fill you in.

Edit: I might be wrong.

feel

Nooo, don't run. Stay and give us something about the state of Reach's playlists. :(
Lurker Shishka:
2dsmv0hoj74k.gif

Frankie/David:
118lxfs7176z.gif

The problem is that equipment was scattered everywhere with fast respawns, which rendered them kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things. A single use in a given match wasn't likely to be super memorable because they were popping off all over the place. Equipment could serve that same purpose, but the implementation just wasn't there. The radar jamming function of the cloak could be incredibly useful if it was just by itself, but it's paired with a broken ability. Jetpack's behavior isn't properly tuned for map balance. The list goes on.

Funny you say that. I think the active camo AA is arguably the worst inclusion in Reach in that it feels quite useless to the individual in the immediate sense but is incredibly annoying to play against (inb4 Kuroyume defends it as innocuous). I never choose it. However, if it were on the map as a pickup (and it only appeared every 3 minutes) I might be inclined to swap out my sprint for it if the situation was conducive to it. It would be a tactical decision to use it depending on the in game situation rather than a decision made before a shot is even fired that dictates my playstyle for the match. People like to make on the fly tactical decisions much in the same way people like to use the grenade launcher and sniper in that they require thought and skill which is in turn rewarding and pleasurable; spraying an AR in a general direction or spawning, pressing a button for instant invisibility (on the proviso that you stand still!) and waiting for somebody to walk past so you can shotgun them is not rewarding or pleasurable.

Less is more in many cases with Halo.

Id prefer

Step 1. Remove every playlist.

Step 2. Add:

Other
1. Invasion
2. Firefight
3. Campaign
4. Weekly Playlist. (1 week living dead, 1 week griffball, 2 weeks mixed)

Can we get out of this 2008 mentality of griffball and living dead being the staple wacky gametype for a playlist idea? I hear of so many innovative games people have managed with the forge, a quick glance at forge hub will present many already available. They should be given a chance over hostball.

I know. It just seems like these past few pages have seen people fully endorsing his plan from top to bottom.

His plan has a lot of sound elements to it but the swat/snipers joint party is a nish nish. Every time I got swat I would quit until I got snipers. Living Dead with its own playlist over snipers? Whose side are you on bk cleanser?

How sweet would it be if 343 Industries licensed actual Sweet William cigars? They could even put like a UNSC seal with a "honoring those who serve" message.

Can we get out of this 2008 mentality of griffball and living dead being the staple wacky gametype for a playlist idea? I hear of so many innovative games people have managed with the forge, a quick glance at forge hub will present many already available. They should be given a chance over hostball.

Id honestly love to but the last thing that became a game type was football and that god awful Haloball skeeball thing. I only put Living Dead and griffball there because its the two most played atm and i dont think they should have a full playlist of there own.

Id be happy with the weekend playlist but a weekly playlist sounds just as good

How sweet would it be if 343 Industries licensed actual Sweet William cigars? They could even put like a UNSC seal with a "honoring those who serve" message.

Dont even smoke and id import some as a collectors item

GhaleonEB

Unrelated:

You know what Halo needs? Dragon shouts. Secret words of power that unleash destruction.

Now that I'm getting them in Skyrim, the thought I had was that shouts are basically armor abilities done right; new abilities added onto the mix of the core combat mechanics, with a cool down. Some attack, some protect, some add movement. The way they slot into the combat cycle is very similar. Of course, Bethesda has the luxury of balancing for a SP game. Ice Form is like casting Armor Lock on an opponent.

Cloning.

Problem solved.
"WTF? How did you get here?"

"It's classfied."

BAM

Striker

Why do people forget the AMMO???

Coagulation had freaking Sniper and Rocket Ammo. I still don't understand why Bungle removed AMMO for weapons from maps. Seriously. Where is the AMMO GUYS?
The rocket ammo were also on Headlong, Ivory Tower, and Zanzibar. Sniper ammo also in Headlong over by the overshield placement. Shame they decided to ditch those things - it added nicely to the map gameplay.

And Blackout/Last Resort were absolutely terrible. Among the worst remakes in the series. Tashi may not find Blackout a bad map, but when it solely needs radar off to be playable I find that it is. Plus adding equipment to a Lockout variation makes me shake my head. None of those evolved the map, as it only lead to slowing down the map even further.

That's sad, where would we expect the first reveal to appear? I hope not on magazines, looking at blurred scans is not funny :(

Not really sure, GDC is the next big one in Late February - Early March 2012 seems a little late.
PAX East is more likely than GDC and thats Late March again a little late
E3 is June so thats way too late.

VGA was the last one this year, maybe some kind of 2012 reveal close to new years with Game Informer having a Halo 4 January Issue?

Unless microsoft are planning a 2012 media blitz starting with a 60 second superbowl teaser in febuaury and then a GI cover story the same month.

Top Bottom