• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

DontReadIntoThis.jpg

Arabian Games Festival media blowout confirmed

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arabian Games Festival media blowout confirmed

:lol

It's reverse psychology. Hmmmmm. It's either Game Informer or some major mainstream news source. Apparently Game Informers' January cover will be a new reveal so that rules out Halo 4 unless they release in for the February issue. That would come out Mid January right? Sorta makes sense.

edit: I just thought about the 343 guys reading this and either laughing to themselves about how wrong I am or thinking, "shit, he's right" :lol

Because we are dying for morsels of even hints of tid bits of information, Bungie just made a post about their "Beta testing". Linktacular.

As Bungie continues its quest for world domination, the opportunity exists for you to do your part! Brave volunteers are still being conscripted as willing test subjects for the Bungie Beta. The work will be dangerous. The missions will be highly classified. The pay will be minimal (in truth, it will be non-existent). However, the honor and the glory will all be yours.

At this very moment, mad scientists are hard at work in the Bungie laboratory conducting experiments on willing gamers just like you. Your preferences, opinions, perceptions, assumptions, and tolerance for electric current could have a direct impact on the next killer application that is currently in development at Bungie. We need gamers of all breeds to participate – from the hardcore competitors who crave the rigors of matchmaking to the casual players who engage their imaginations in campaign.

To join the pool of willing test subjects, make your way to our enrollment portal. If you have signed up, but have yet to hear from us, now is a great time to verify that your contact information is accurate and up to date. Each test scenario requires gamers of different varieties. Please remain calm, and await your orders. Your number could get called up any day.

Surveys will arise to be filled out. Questionnaires will emerge as a vehicle for your insights. An elite band of test subjects may even be invited to visit Bungie and be subjected to a playtest of our next game. You have to enroll to participate. Report to the recruitment office and make your mark.

Tashi

It's just HDMI, audio through tv speakers.

K, you could use something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Optical-Audio-Adapter-Xbox-360-Cable/dp/B0042UQLM0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1322618141&sr=8-4

That plug allows you to connect your TV through HDMI and connect separate audio to a mixamp like the Astro one. It also allows for Stereo Sound with the RCA ports or surround sound with the Optical port.

If you have the old composite/component/vga cable for the 360, you can strip that cases on the plug so that it fits with the HDMI(which is what I did) but some people apparently don't recommend it. It's a ghetto rig but that cable I linked should make things nice and neat.

So if you bought that cable and the Astro Mixamp your new setup would be something like this.

HDMI from Xbox to TV. Optical cable from little dongle to Astro Mixamp. Headset to Astro Mixamp for Surround sound or stereo, whatever you choose.

Tashi

Thanks Tashi. Wish the thing wasn't so expensive!

No problem. And yea I hear ya. I dropped the cash on one but honestly I love the little thing. I have one headset connected to both my PC and Xbox with voice and audio for both. I don't have to flip any switch and move any plugs.

(Instrumental link)

David:
I can show you Forge World
Graying, overextended
Tell me, GAF-ers, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a deadly Falcon ride

A new Forge World
A new fantastic field of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only lagging

Frank:
A new Forge World
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
The framerate's clear
And now I'm in a new Forge World with you

David:
Now I'm in a new Forge World with you

Frank:
Unbelievable sights
Indescribable gaming
Soaring, sprinting, evading
Through an endless Firefight

A new Forge World
A hundred thousand maps to see
Don't care for shooting guns
I'll just make puns
I can't go back to Reach or Halo 3

David:
A new Forge World
With new achievements to pursue

Frank and David:
I'll cheese them anyway
Each time I play
Let me share this new Forge World with you

A new Forge World (A new Forge World)
That's where we'll be (That's where we'll be)
A thrilling space
A wondrous place
For you and me

(Instrumental link)

David:
I can show you Forge World
Graying, overextended
Tell me, GAF-ers, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a deadly Falcon ride

A new Forge World
A new fantastic field of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only lagging

Frank:
A new Forge World
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
The framerate's clear
And now I'm in a new Forge World with you

David:
Now I'm in a new Forge World with you

Frank:
Unbelievable sights
Indescribable gaming
Soaring, sprinting, evading
Through an endless Firefight

A new Forge World
A hundred thousand maps to see
Don't care for shooting guns
I'll just make puns
I can't go back to Reach or Halo 3

David:
A new Forge World
With new achievements to pursue

Frank and David:
I'll cheese them anyway
Each time I play
Let me share this new Forge World with you

A new Forge World (A new Forge World)
That's where we'll be (That's where we'll be)
A thrilling space
A wondrous place
For you and me

So good it deserves the first in game shot of halo 4

No problem. And yea I hear ya. I dropped the cash on one but honestly I love the little thing. I have one headset connected to both my PC and Xbox with voice and audio for both. I don't have to flip any switch and move any plugs.

Are there any alternatives to astro? Seems like they are the only ones selling a separate amp.

Tashi

Are there any alternatives to astro? Seems like they are the only ones selling a separate amp.

Not that I know of but I can't imagine that there aren't any out there. Gotta be something by Turtle Beach or Tritton. Not sure though.

Havok

So, in order to visualize the issues people have been seeing with the consistency of the pistol, I made a clip (it's a little long, just wanted to illustrate the point). First round of firing is squeezing the trigger and letting go between shots, second is holding the trigger down, third is back to squeezing. If I've understood everything that 343 has said, bloom should only be apparent in the second burst of shots. But it's there on all three, becoming almost indistinguishable.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25151289&player=Havok CXVII

0:00 to 0:25 - Pulsing trigger
0:26 to 0:37 - Holding trigger down
0:28 to 0:50 - Pulsing trigger

This is all on the Anniversary Team Slayer gametype, which I was under the impression had a no-bloom-when-pulsing pistol. Am I missing something, or not using this thing right?

MrBig

This is all on the Anniversary Team Slayer gametype, which I was under the impression had a no-bloom-when-pulsing pistol. Am I missing something, or not using this thing right?

They confirmed in this thread that it is a visual feedback only and the exponential spread is not applied.

So, in order to visualize the issues people have been seeing with the consistency of the pistol, I made a clip (it's a little long, just wanted to illustrate the point). First round of firing is squeezing the trigger and letting go between shots, second is holding the trigger down, third is back to squeezing. If I've understood everything that 343 has said, bloom should only be apparent in the second burst of shots. But it's there on all three, becoming almost indistinguishable.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25151289&player=Havok CXVII

0:00 to 0:25 - Pulsing trigger
0:26 to 0:37 - Holding trigger down
0:28 to 0:50 - Pulsing trigger

Yeah I'd love to hear from 343 on this because David said a few days ago that the bloom was purely visual if you use individual trigger pulls, but its clearly in full effect.

They confirmed in this thread that it is a visual feedback only and the exponential spread is not applied.

It clearly is though. Thing is firing bullets all over the place.

Top Bottom