• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MLG Playlist updated: MLG is playing V6 settings at their events, and you should be, too! We’ve updated the MLG list to include new maps and updated gametypes. Yes, we completely skipped the V5 settings, but they were totally lame, anyway. Obviously, because why would there be a V6?!

Grifball Playlist updated: Two new maps are making their way into the Grifball list this month: “Hot Bikini Guys Palace,” the home court of their Good Games League summer champions, and “The Exultant Genuflect,” which my 2-in-1 dictionary & thesaurus tells me is a juxtaposition. Yeah, we can get concomitant over here too, y’all.

Cliffhanger removed: Cliffhanger has had a long and illustrious career in Reach. Try as we did to hold on to it, it slowly slipped out of our hand and plummeted 4,000 feet to the ground below. A year later, we’re reluctant to venture onto those same hallowed grounds in search of 100,000,000 Good Games. Who would’ve known John Lithgow was laying the groundwork for a villainous story arc on Dexter by threatening Rocky with automatic weapons 16 years earlier?

Weightings adjusted in Firefight: More Gruntpocalypse, we’re listening! This Unggoy-only gametype has had its weighting increased, and Unearthed will no longer be your default first voting option. Fret not, though, because Unearthed remains in the lists and is heavily weighted for you Rocket ‘Hog lovers out there.

Beta Matchmaking Playlist fixed to have its own stats: FTFY. Smooches.

TU Armor Lock adjusted: We’ll be constantly tweaking and updating the settings to Reach’s Title Update. This is the first time since the list’s birth that we’ve turned the knobs in the player-facing world, so it will be vital that you continue providing feedback on the Waypoint Forums.

Weighting of the Zero Bloom Slayer DMRs gametype in the Beta Matchmaking Playlist increased: You wanted moar, and MOAR is what we’re giving ya!

Needle Rifle removed from loadouts in the Beta Matchmaking Playlist Slayer Pro gametype: Bloom affects the DMR and Needle Rifle differently, and we’re adjusting the loadout options accordingly. The Needle Rifle will be treated much like the Concussion Rifle: not as a power weapon but as something that you should pay close attention to. This way, you can have your auto-headshot-cannon-cake and eat it too.

Firefight Limited removed: Firefight Limited was dying a slow and painful death. It was breaking our hearts, and we just couldn’t stand it another month. Being the playlist-atarians we are, we thought a swift and painless end would be the most humane solution. Soon, Firefight Limited will be in that big hopper in the sky, frolicking population-concern-free alongside Team Classic and Premium Slayer.

DLC matching reweighting: We are reweighting matching within any DLC playlist so that people with DLC match with other people with DLC on a more frequent basis.

*The Anniversary playlists are coming November 15th.We’ll share those details with you never. And by never, we mean in a few weeks.

feel

Agent: Business or pleasure?
Me: Business.
Agent: What are you doing while you’re here?
Me: Showing a video game.
Agent: That doesn’t sound like a real job.
Me: It’s really not.
Agent: Ok.
I chuckled. And this was the only thing worthwhile in there for me. Halo 4 hype period and its water teases by Frank need to get here fast.

BTW can this website get a mobile version?? Or at least compatibility with the iphone Safari Reader feature.

FyreWulff

I laughed at the binary joke.

Now to wait for someone from 343 to put me into the loop for Community Cartographers so I don't continue to sit here while random internet people find out the CC is looking for new maps before I do.

Also, I don't really see the benefit to deleting Firefight Limited, but whatever.

senador

Banned
I liked Cliffhanger. RIP :(

Letters said:
BTW can this website get a mobile version?? Or at least compatibility with the iphone Safari Reader feature.

It does work, just have to be in on a single article. I'm looking at the bulletin now in Reader.

FyreWulff said:
Now to wait for someone from 343 to put me into the loop for Community Cartographers so I don't continue to sit here while random internet people find out the CC is looking for new maps before I do.

Dude, take the hint. ;)

No but seriously, why do you have some right to be in CC? I bet if you were more polite about it instead of acting like you are entitled to it you'd see a different result. Perhaps PM someone about it?

ElRenoRaven

So that bulletin gives me a great idea. We should totally put spoilers in binary. That would totally help people avoid them easier. lol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Slightly Live said:

moRXA.jpg

Damn, now I'm excited for The Christmas Story marathon. Only 2 months away.
KuGsj.gif

blamite

Ghaleon on suicide watch?

Sucks that Cliffhanger is going away. I thought it was pretty good for a Forge map. Nice and simple layout, and two Pro Pipes? Fun times. Why does that map have to die while Uncaged survives?

Hopefully the new DLC weighting actually does it's job, I haven't played DLC in ragualr matchmaking in ages.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oozer3993 said:
Just picked up Glasslands from Barnes and Noble. And then immediately found out the Kindle version is $6 cheaper. Curses. To the return desk!

I was just at Barnes and Noble too but I didn't see it there. You take the last copy bro?! :p

daedalius

Ugh FFLimited gone?

What the hell am I going to play in firefight now?

I wonder if they will make starts in ZB AR/DMR, instead of pistol/DMR; pistol currently seems silly in ZB.

Tha Robbertster said:
You were also listening from the site? I didn't download it, just to make that clear.

And Dani, you guys did a great job on the podcast, really enjoyed it!
yeah, it was playing directly from the site.

PsychoRaven said:
Poor Poor Ghal. He's going to be pissed with Firefight Limited dying.
You can still play it in doubles, which is a much better playlist.

And wtf at Cliffhanger's demise over the two smoking turds that are The Cage and Uncaged.

FyreWulff

senador said:
No but seriously, why do you have some right to be in CC? I bet if you were more polite about it instead of acting like you are entitled to it you'd see a different result. Perhaps PM someone about it?

I am being polite about it. I'm slowly becoming more public about being put in the loop - especially when other CCs assumed I already was - after being sent through a PM chain and then the person at the end of the chain/ incharge hasn't answered your PM in almost 4 days now and time is of the essence means I have to submit maps via other CCs (and hope they recieve the maps and put them up in time) until someone gets the message that hey, you forgot a couple of people.

And I'm not going to post "CC's TAKING MAPS NOW GO GO GO GO" to HBO until I'm 100% in the loop. Right now I'm consistently 2-3 steps behind everyone else.

I just want to be up to speed like most of the other CCs, not two steps behind like Petetheduck and I currently seem to be on everything.

tl;dr Pertinent person needs to check their PMs on Waypoint and I'm posting it about it here because people assumed I was all good to go when I'm not. Squeaky wheel gets the grease strategy here and I'm tired of playing the internet version of telephone. If I hadn't said anything to certain other CCs people would have just assumed I was too busy to submit maps or something. First and last time I'm going to mention it.

Slightly Live said:
Appreciate the podcast feedback, folks. I'm sure Ghaleon would say the same from Bannsville.

I'll listen to it shortly, I need to finish the weekly first. Got the hospital last, damnit!

And wtf at Cliffhanger's demise over the two smoking turds that are The Cage and Uncaged.

Especially since none of The Cage's exploit spots have been fixed..

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
So glad they took out Firefight Limited, it really improves things.

I think Limited needed a lot more attention than it was given over its course. It had many outstanding problems. Although it was never destined to be top of the population chart whatever happened. I bet Ghaleon isn't pleased.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Slightly Live said:
I bet Ghaleon isn't pleased.

Turns out, he isn't.
KuGsj.gif

My disappointment with the removal of Firefight Limited is not that it's gone, it's that no one at 343 understands or cares about Firefight.

Firefight's needs are very different than MP, but it's been updated like a MP mode - not like a co-op mode. Different mindset.

Or rather, not updated.

feel

One of the biggest semi-recent dissapointments is realizing 343i isn't doing anything different than Bungie when it comes to managing the online experience. Doesn't bode well for Halo 4, but I remain faithful that maybe they'll come to their senses before then and completely change their ways (or staff assigned to it).
senador said:
It does work, just have to be in on a single article. I'm looking at the bulletin now in Reader.
Weird, it's there now but I could swear the "Reader" icon wasn't popping up for me earlier. Sweet!

heckfu

Banned
Letters said:
Weird, it's there now but I could swear the "Reader" icon wasn't popping up for me earlier. Sweet!

Reader doesn't always work on the bulletin for me either, so you're probably right.

Letters said:
One of the biggest semi-recent dissapointments is realizing 343i isn't doing anything different than Bungie when it comes to managing the online experience. Doesn't bode well for Halo 4, but I remain faithful that maybe they'll come to their senses before then and completely change their ways (or staff assigned to it).
few minutes ago my very first time playing into the TU beta playlist. slayer gametype, as simple as that apparently.
me after few seconds: wtf?! did I just die because of a headshot even though I had still some shields?! wtf is happening?! wasn't bloom gone? why is it still in? is 85%? is it 4sk or 5sk?

lesson: they're doing it in the bungie way because you can not change too much after so much time has passed

feel

i nerini del buio said:
few minutes ago my very first time playing into the TU beta playlist. slayer gametype, as simple as that apparently.
me after few seconds: wtf?! did I just die because of a headshot even though I had still some shields?! wtf is happening?! wasn't bloom gone? why is it still in? is 85%? is it 4sk or 5sk?

lesson: they're doing it in the bungie way because you can not change too much after so much time has passed
Maybe keeping Reach as bad as it is is part of a plan to help Halo 4 look like even more of an improvement when it comes. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Almost done with homework. Know what I'm gonna do?

PLAY SOME HALO REACH WOO YEAH!

Letters said:
Maybe keeping Reach as bad as it is is part of a plan to help Halo 4 look like even more of an improvement when it comes. :lol

Today is the first time I play the game in like 2 months. Yeah, it's pretty bad :(
But still, with respect to other games it feels slick and smooth. Oh and awesome netcode <3

btw I find it funny how in ZB slayer you actually have to aim for the head instead of relying on the fact that bullets are very likely to hit the lower part of the bloomed reticule.

Homeboyd

This probably belongs in the Forge thread (which I've seen a couple post about already) but time is a factor here so I'd like to ask if anyone has some sweet race maps that have seen a good bit of testing and are enjoyable.

Carry on.

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:

All problems can go away with Halo 4 very easily if they include a server browser to go with matchmaking. Give us a choice of either matchmaking or going and looking through stuff to find a server we want to play on.

"My disappointment with the removal of Firefight Limited is not that it's gone, it's that no one at 343 understands or cares about Firefight." ~GhaleonEB

I feel similar feelings toward MM.

PNut

Banned
No mention of any Arena changes, and Uncaged is still in the game. Really no surprise there. Living Dead folks are still happy though. Thank God for that.

Add me for FIFA parties.

I miss Jeremiah. It used to be every month we'd get some cleanup, maintenance, new playlists or gametypes. Haven't had a decent matchmaking update since July (damage bleed alone makes TU Beta a broken playlist, IMO). All of this playlist retiring reminds me of the old Shishka regime.

daedalius

Why is active camo even in the game?

Who was smoking what when they came up with that ability, ffs.

"Hey, that pickup that you had to fight over in the past? yea, you can have it with the press of a button now!"

daedalius said:

"Hey, that pickup that you had to fight over in the past? yea, you can have it with the press of a button now!"
I wonder what kind of gimmick Halo 4 is going to introduce. 2 had dual wielding which butchered the balance of a lot of weapons, 3 had equipment which seemed to range from making you nearly invincible to letting you have instant kills, Reach topped it all off with armour abilities which all break the game in their own way.

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:

Yeah this was a major problem. Active Camo and Overshield where things that you fought over and now they are nothing really and Over Shields have sucked since Halo 3

(Also why the fuck did they change them into balls after Halo 2?

Ramirez

FF Limited was the only FF worth playing, really dumb. Guess people enjoy Rocket Fight where they can herpa derp around and not worry about getting killed.

Ramirez said:
FF Limited was the only FF worth playing, really dumb. Guess people enjoy Rocket Fight where they can herpa derp around and not worry about getting killed.
Wish all that FF Arcade stuff was never introduced into MM in the first place. Imagine if Horde had all these nonsense gametypes in the playlist. *shudder*

Tunavi

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
I wonder what kind of gimmick Halo 4 is going to introduce. 2 had dual wielding which butchered the balance of a lot of weapons, 3 had equipment which seemed to range from making you nearly invincible to letting you have instant kills, Reach topped it all off with armour abilities which all break the game in their own way.
I hate how Bungie felt like gimmicks made halo BETTER when they were really just gimmicks that made everything worse

Ken

Rickenslacker said:
Pets.

With hats.

Top Bottom