• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

Striker said:
It's another Drop Shield problem. That was a big complaint early and still took a while to remove from Objective modes completely. I don't get why they removed Hologram (speaking from a Team Objective standpoint, and also BTB) and put in Evade in the first place. I never understood why.

Also never understood why it needed a complete "Monthly Update" to remove a fusion coil from Valhalla.
We need a behind the scenes on the playlist managing. I mean what the heck is happening back there?? Do they really need to spend weeks and months testing things that will inevitably still be broken when introduced and need another month to fix?? Do the playlist managers hate their lives and use this little power they have to make other people's miserable? I just can't understand any of it.

And PooBone, completely agree with your first complaint of CEA. They butchered that sacred setting. This is clearly not a remake showing 10 years of progress or how the same game would look if made now, but a very alternate looking version of the game. I guess I'm ok with it. Should be fun for a playthrough or two. Anyone pretending this is a definitive version of anything gets a virtual slap in the face.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Bumper Jumper in Anniversary? Who do I man-hug for this fantastic inclusion?
KuGsj.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
We need a behind the scenes on the playlist managing. I mean what the heck is happening back there?? Do they really need to spend weeks and months testing things that will inevitably still be broken when introduced and need another month to fix?? Do the playlist managers hate their lives and use this little power they have to make other people's miserable? I just can't understand any of it.

I think that's something that will be interesting to see with 343 and Halo 4. How fast playlists can be updated. I think a month was way too long. I'm sure if Bungie/343 could do it faster they would, I'm not questioning that. We all just want it faster. Nothing is worse than have MLG v6 out and playing MLG v4 in matchmaking. There are new maps, gametypes have come and gone and things have been updated. I might be a little over dramatic though because the MLG population in the playlist knows which maps and gametypes are in v6 and usually votes for the ones that stayed from v4. (Sanc flag/slayer, countdown flag/slayer, Zealot flag/slayer) Once in a while though, Warlock or Android gets picked and I just wanna turn my Xbox off lol. Actually, I usually just quit out if I'm playing alone.

How amazing would it be though if MLG releases a new version and with in just a couple of days it's implemented into matchmaking. Actually what MLG should do is get the gametypes done earlier than usual, submit them for matchmaking approval and then when they're ready to be implemented, release them officially on their site. People will be like, "oh cool, MLG v7 is out...HOLY FUCK it's in matchmaking already!" That's some powerful stuff. I know I would be like that. Instead I think, "v7? Cool, now we just have to wait a month or longer to play them in matchmaking" And honestly if I tried I could get together a party of 8 for new MLG settings and play them in customs with not too much trouble but matchmaking is just soooo much easier.

edit: Bumper Jumper in Anniversary? Wow way to butcher the original game 343, Pre order canceled.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tashi0106 said:
edit: Bumper Jumper in Anniversary? Wow way to butcher the original game 343, Pre order canceled.

I'm going to assume you're exaggerating (though it's tough to tell around these parts sometimes) but Bumper Jumper is NOT the default control scheme.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lybertyboy said:
I'm going to assume you're exaggerating (though it's tough to tell around these parts sometimes) but Bumper Jumper is NOT the default control scheme.

Yea I'm just fuckin around.. I play default/recon anywho...you know, like real men do. :p

I actually do wonder though how many people would be pissed if BJ wasn't included in Anniversary. I'm sure a lot of people are so used to playing with that scheme, it would be tough for them to go back.

Woorloog

Banned
Letters said:
Anyone pretending this is a definitive version of anything gets a virtual slap in the face.
I don't like the term "definitive", it is so damn vague (just like visceral etc PR speak).

What do you do if i tell i mostly like the way Halo CEA looks (minus the Banshee thing)? I'm fine with younger looking Keys, redone cutscene animations, the lighting changes etc.
But i won't call this definitive since it is meaningless term to me.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
Yea I'm just fuckin around.. I play default/recon anywho...you know, like real men do. :p

I actually do wonder though how many people would be pissed if BJ wasn't included in Anniversary. I'm sure a lot of people are so used to playing with that scheme, it would be tough for them to go back.

I would have been disappointed, not pissed. Been playing BJ with years thanks to switching in Halo 3 and I'd rather not revert now. Jetpacks haven't convinced me to switch either. =)

lybertyboy said:
Is there a control scheme in Anniversary that puts reload on RB?

Donat

Neo Member
lybertyboy, just in case you didn't notice: check your PMs
From 6 days ago. Forever without an answer. =(
In case you ignored it on purpose I won't ask you about it anymore after this post.

And Dani, well done with the FUD podcast. I really enjoyed listening it. Are there more coming?

ElRenoRaven

Woorloog said:
I don't like the term "definitive", it is so damn vague (just like visceral etc PR speak).

What do you do if i tell i mostly like the way Halo CEA looks (minus the Banshee thing)? I'm fine with younger looking Keys, redone cutscene animations, the lighting changes etc.
But i won't call this definitive since it is meaningless term to me.

Well you couldn't call it definitive anyway. A definitive version would include every single thing that the original had. This one while great does leave out half of what made the first game the classic it is.

So yes it's great, awesome, nice, but definitive will never ever describe it.

Woorloog

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Well you couldn't call it definitive anyway. A definitive version would include every single thing that the original had. This one while great does leave out half of what made the first game the classic it is.

So yes it's great, awesome, nice, but definitive will never ever describe it.
How can you make definitive out of something that exists already?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would be wayyyyy pissed if bumper jumper wasn't in CEA. IT's one of the main reasons I haven't played CE in the past year. Just can't go back.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Donat said:
And Dani, well done with the FUD podcast. I really enjoyed listening it. Are there more coming?

Thanks! And yup. There might be one before CEA hits. =)

Zeouterlimits said:
Dani - ETA on iTunes?

I dunno. Working on getting it up there, will let you know. Learning experience and all that.

Guys was there any conformation from 343 on whether siege of madrigal is/isn't in the game? I remember reading something about easter eggs in CEA a while back but I don't remember anything about madrigal.

OuterWorldVoice said:
http://i.imgur.com/a2fOi.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
lol

And, you know, the more I think about Glasslands, [spoiler]the more I feel sorry for Dr. Halsey. She's essentially taking the fall for everyone involved in the Spartan II program (and probably the Spartan III program) – Chief Mendez, Admiral Parangosky, etc. Everyone is getting away free of any punishment except for her. The more people the book piles on her, the more you feel sorry her.[/spoiler]

Interpreting it in this way, I think I was a little too eager to post something like a definitive opinion for her.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dax01 said:
lol

And, you know, the more I think about Glasslands,
the more I feel sorry for Dr. Halsey. She's essentially taking the fall for everyone involved in the Spartan II program (and probably the Spartan III program) – Chief Mendez, Admiral Parangosky, etc. Everyone is getting away free of any punishment except for her. The more people the book piles on her, the more you feel sorry her.

Interpreting it in this way, I think I was a little too eager to post something like a definitive opinion for her.

There are another four books that will deal with aspects of Halsey's research and decisions and the relative worth of her morality, or lack, thereof.

feel

I'm 100% bumper jumper user in multiplayer and I can't play any other way but when it comes to Halo campaigns I have the CE control scheme ingrained into my soul so I can't stop pressing A to jump, B to punch, X to reload/pickup/enter so I always switch back to Default for them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
darthbob said:
X humper was better...
The last time I played CE I tried using the setting that has melee on the right stick and zoom on B (I think). It was GARBAGE, and I felt dirty for even trying. That plus the awful co-op framerate made me just give up on CE, and CEA being announced made it even easier.

This entire time I've been assuming CEA was gonna have all the standard Reach control schemes. I'd be super pissed if it didn't, hah.

OuterWorldVoice said:
There are another four books that will deal with aspects of Halsey's research and decisions and the relative worth of her morality, or lack, thereof.
4 books? Damn. Can't wait to read one of these next January.

Slightly Live said:
Waht.... wat?

3AQmK.gif
He's a tricky Scottish guy. Look what he wrote:

OuterWorldVoice said:
So Primoridum, Forerunner Book #3, UNSC #2, UNSC #3. :^) Still pretty hyped that all these books have such a connection.

Forerunner books deal with her research, and the other two books with her decisions. :p

Hypertrooper said:
He's a tricky irish guy. Look what he wrote:

So Primoridum, Forerunner Book #3, UNSC #2, UNSC #3. :^) Still pretty hyped that all these books have such a connection.

I have far too much work to do today, but I'm going to take a break every now and then to read Cryptum.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I have far too much work to do today, but I'm going to take a break every now and then to read Cryptum.
I always would read Cryptum to you. It will be amazing adventure for you with my lovely German accent.

Hopefully the DLC improvements are actually noticeable improvements. Very happy to see that, and that they actually had the power to do that. I might actually play to find out.
Who am I kidding, BF3 is not leaving my Xbox

I still have to say I'm disappointed that evade remains though.

Tashi0106 said:
Hypertrooper, check your PMs

Just read his tweet.

lawlz

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Steelyuhas said:
Hopefully the DLC improvements are actually noticeable improvements. Very happy to see that, and that they actually had the power to do that. I might actually play to find out.
I'm excited to see this too. I just hope people vote for them. Getting into Premium Battle and having 7 vote for Hemorrhage was mind blowing. Maybe 343 can borrow Nintendo's vitality sensor idea and turn it into a behaviorist punishment tazer.

Letters said:
I'm 100% bumper jumper user in multiplayer and I can't play any other way but when it comes to Halo campaigns I have the CE control scheme ingrained into my soul so I can't stop pressing A to jump, B to punch, X to reload/pickup/enter so I always switch back to Default for them.

I can switch easily between the two only if I'm holding a controller S.

daedalius

Lyphen said:
I'm excited to see this too. I just hope people vote for them. Getting into Premium Battle and having 7 vote for Hemorrhage was mind blowing. Maybe 343 can borrow Nintendo's vitality sensor idea and turn it into a behaviorist punishment tazer.

I think people still remember Hemorrhage from Halo 2 too much, they don't realize how terrible it is in Reach. If there is a BTB list in Anniversary, I will never go back to standard BTB.

Also, skill matching; does it exist in the TU playlist?

First game, 50-7 win
2nd game, 12-50 loss
3rd game, 50-36, one guy goes 6-19

Karl2177 said:
For you and juices, the stream video is super laggy. I'm assuming because you guys are streaming in HD. Almost every other Reach stream has the option to change video quality. Why doesn't yours?

You have to be a partner to enable that option I believe.

omg.kittens said:
I would be wayyyyy pissed if bumper jumper wasn't in CEA. IT's one of the main reasons I haven't played CE in the past year. Just can't go back.

Same here but now that it's confirmed in, I'm waayyyyy happy.

Increased DLC weighting is nice. Hopefully it actually works!

Top Bottom