• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

kylej

Banned
The whole, "Play with Gamers across the World!" bullshit that Microsoft has been touting since XBL's inception is nonsense. I don't want to play with people with connections over 150 ping. I wish I could pick which region to play in, it would be the Continental US, and US West specifically almost all the time. Also, just show me the damn ping of the people in the game or game I am about to join instead of the colored bars that aren't consistent across all games and don't tell you enough. It's all ambiguous to hide how laggy games really are.

Just click the "Good Connection" box installed by Bungie. Oh wait there's no code behind it. Those are fake ass buttons y'all.

Just click the "Good Connection" box installed by Bungie. Oh wait there's no code behind it. Those are fake ass buttons y'all.
Wouldn't be surprised if this was true but is there any actual evidence that these preferences make a difference? Or is kylej just being kylej?

kylej

Banned
juices first theorized that the Good Connection, Skill, whatever buttons are fake. I believe it. That's some superficial nonsense right there. The buttons do nothing! Wake up, people!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
juices first theorized that the Good Connection, Skill, whatever buttons are fake. I believe it. That's some superficial nonsense right there. The buttons do nothing! Wake up, people!
Nah they do something. Make matchmaking times longer

I cannot see what data I'm transferring because my older Xbox doesn't show video. It's broken. I can't use a USB because I don't have another Xbox on which to use the hard drive and that will show video. I can't stick the USB into my older Xbox and transfer data when I can't select the data I want to transfer.

I appreciate the help you guys. I already went out and bought one anyway.

Aye, didn't think of that.

Speaking of my new Xbox, who is interested in a download code for a full version of Reach? I think it includes all the map packs (even those from Anniversary).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I vouch that good connection on average gave me more stable games, where as without it I faced Uganda's finest players.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do we know how fast you can shoot the DMR with Zero bloom? I feel like I don't shoot it fast enough.

I'm just watching Ogre 2 lan CE and seeing all these little tricks that he does to give him an advantage amazes me. On Hang em' High, for example, he threw a nade at rockets, it flew, hit a pillar, and lands where he's at (him, rockets, and pillar formed a right triangle).

This is what makes people want to watch games being played by pros. They see things that amazes them. Now a days, the only thing you can be amazed by is shooting skill with a sniper.

It's funny how people claim the pistol is over powered as well. I see him using plasma rifle, AR, rockets, shotgun, sniper, and of course the pistol. 3 shot kills don't even happen that often and this is probably the 2nd best CE player ever.

Please, Fronkie, save us!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Buy a 360 hard drive case enclosure, or just do what I did and prop up the top and bottom with rubber pads (in my case, extra in-ear buds I had lying around). A spindle hard drive can take the 'beating' of a stationary device.

Club Nintendo Rewards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XBL Achievements. Wow.
Got my 2011 Nintendo Pin Collection for going Platinum this year. So awesome. Pins!

Top Bottom