• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Yeah, that's Big Party Size (when looking at the playlist information). Amusingly, it's on in Double Team (where it's set to 2) but not on in either of the Big Team Battle lists.

Aye, but it appears that 343 has decided to not include that in the playlist information like Bungie did with Squad Slayer and Double Team because anni classic and TO have those restrictions, but it doesn't list a big party size on the playlist information.

Sorry juices and barrow, heading to bed.

The hypocrisy of you crying about people throwing insults then are quick to tell someone to fuck off because they point out that its not exclusive to any gender.

Yes I do.

Do you understand the difference between exclusivity and frequency? I'm guessing not.

FyreWulff

The hypocrisy of you crying about people throwing insults then are quick to tell someone to "fuck off" because they point out that its not exclusive to any gender.

Yes I do.

Gonna call bullshit on that one. While I get called a fag or a potpourri of racial slurs on Live, the women I play with get harped on with MUCH higher frequency, about once every other game where mic'ed people are present. My sexuality is only questioned about once a night.

Same frequency.

We've got a live one here!

Women get harassed more quickly on XBL in my experience, too. There's always a few guys who've never even seen one in person and resort to pre-pubescent tactics to show it. That said, the amount of harassing on XBL is appalling, regardless if you're male or female. I've met some great people through playing, but the majority hide behind the mask of anonimity and think it gives 'em a free pass to talk shit. They abuse their fellow players not just verbally, but in-game as well. The amount of times I've been team-killed mid-game because some idiot wants the Banshee or thinks its funny is beyond counting. There's a reason I don't play online anymore, unless it's with you guys.

But Devo, just leave it be. Nothing you say is going to change their mind. Spreading it to other threads and 'attacking' people over it isn't going to help, either.

TheOddOne

Women get harassed more quickly on XBL in my experience, too. There's always a few guys who've never even seen one in person and resort to pre-pubescent tactics to show it. That said, the amount of harassing on XBL is appalling, regardless if you're male or female. I've met some great people through playing, but the majority hide behind the mask of anonimity and think it gives 'em a free pass to talk shit. They abuse their fellow players not just verbally, but in-game as well. The amount of times I've been team-killed mid-game because some idiot wants the Banshee or thinks its funny is beyond counting. There's a reason I don't play online anymore, unless it's with you guys.

But Devo, just leave it be. Nothing you say is going to change their mind. Spreading it to other threads and 'attacking' people over it isn't going to help, either.
Yep. I got harassed once after a Reach match, because my voice sounded weird. Turned off my mic, party of four started yelling "Fag, pussy,terrorist" at me, ignored it and then the msg started coming (at the end I had like 30 msg with insults). Turned off my console, tried not to think about it too much. Moral of the story: people are assholes.

Yep. I got harassed once after a Reach match, because my voice sounded weird. Turned off my mic, party of four started yelling "Fag, pussy,terrorist" at me, ignored it and then the msg started coming (at the end I had like 30 msg with insults). Turned off my console, tried not to think about it too much. Moral of the story: people are assholes.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Well, HaloGAF and HBO aren't assholes. Most of 'em, anyway. :lol

I might be weird, but I kind of like getting abuse, because I love making the people eat they're own words. I dont normally go into a Halo match with fire in my belly, but some good old fashioned xbox live douchebaggery makes me play like a pro.

I think game chat can be as funny as it can be annoying, sometimes it does really annoy me, but most of the time you realise how little it all means and I guess you can just roll with it. The racial and sexual abuse sucks, but it shows the other peoples ignorance rather than being something you should take personal issue with. After all being a girl isnt a bad thing, so what if they make sexist comments? Kick they're ass and leave them to it!

Yeah I get how its annoying when you just want to call out, but to be honest in a game with randoms if you want to communicate with friends party chat is the way to go. Even dudes get the random abuse that comes from talking through the mic, the moment I start talking I hear stupid comments! (But to be fair I think thats just because I play with Gui.)

Karl2177

I might be weird, but I kind of like getting abuse, because I love making the people eat they're own words. I dont normally go into a Halo match with fire in my belly, but some good old fashioned xbox live douchebaggery makes me play like a pro.

I think game chat can be as funny as it can be annoying, sometimes it does really annoy me, but most of the time you realise how little it all means and I guess you can just roll with it. The racial and sexual abuse sucks, but it shows the other peoples ignorance rather than being something you should take personal issue with. After all being a girl isnt a bad thing, so what if they make sexist comments? Kick they're ass and leave them to it!

Yeah I get how its annoying when you just want to call out, but to be honest in a game with randoms if you want to communicate with friends party chat is the way to go. Even dudes get the random abuse that comes from talking through the mic, the moment I start talking I hear stupid comments! (But to be fair I think thats just because I play with Gui.)

You no like bukkake?

That's the thing, you have to stop taking it personally and just embrace it, or you've already lost.

Yeah, the world is full of idiots, its the sexists/ racists you meet in real life that you should worry about. As much as the ignorance can hurt there's no point in worrying about the idiots you meet online. (Im talking about you Gui)

You no like bukkake?

I think I have missed a conversation or two, and I thought the convo's I had with Gaf online where weird!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What hypocrisy, you want to pull the same shit too and tell me men get the same amount of harassment?

I can tell you from 10 years of experience, women on Live get more hassle, PMs, rage, and insults if identified via Gamertag or voice than men do. They do also get more love, but not the kind a thinking person is desirous of.

People should try extrapolating that into real life and see if they like the sound of it.

vhfive

One of my friends I play games with online won't plug her mic unless we're in a party. She also chose a gamer tag that you couldn't tell what gender she is. She does this because if she doesn't then the amount of hate (or creepiness) she gets in her inbox or during the game is ridiculous. If you think that gender doesn't play a role in how much hate you get then you're either naive or stupid (probably both).

aDDiKt24

Banned
I just watched the video from the other thread and I think Im going to go and hang myself. This video deserves HATE. Its honestly terrible and feels like a voting advertisement for parliament on tv. If this was a bunch of guys saying this they would get laughed at by all of Gaf, because it's women, its the opposite.

I hate all homophobic and sexist remarks. Anything that can hurt someones feelings shouldnt be said. However, its in the community we play in. Hopefully it wont always be apart of it but at this point it is.

Girl gamers, roll with the punches and at the end of the game after someone has NOT been shit talking you, don't proudly proclaim on the mic "You just got your ass handed to you by a girl". I understand majority of the dialogue will be from men to women, however I get a lot of shit talk from females at the end of games - and what do I do, Roll with the punches!

GROW UP!

Aww, now come give this asshole a kiss...

Ewww.

39443210_wtf_reactionhwrss.gif

aDDiKt24

Banned
a god of what? you gotta give some context here, pendejo.

Wow, obviously didn't go to high school or don't know how to use the internet.

1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
5. A very handsome man.
6. A powerful ruler or despot.

Truth has been stated.

Wow, obviously didn't go to high school or don't know how to use the internet.

1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
5. A very handsome man.
6. A powerful ruler or despot.

Truth has been stated.
But Reggie isn't really nothing of this. :p

If anyone is naive it's probably you. But even if I agreed with the idea that women receive more hate, so fucking what? Suck it up like everyone else, ignore it or talk back, you don't deserve a medal because you got called one extra naughty word than the rest of us.

They do.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If anyone is naive it's probably you. But even if I agreed with the idea that women receive more hate, so fucking what? Suck it up like everyone else, ignore it or talk back, you don't deserve a medal because you got called one extra naughty word than the rest of us.

You don't have to agree, because it's a fact. Disputing it is futile.

Top Bottom