• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

Upside to the five-round Grifball bug: the playlist is really good for the weekly this time around. I got 205 kills out of 500 in about 4 games, maybe 5

feel

Quick, kill it with fire!
ibl6juKAGHFPgH.jpg

I wish they would just pull a rockstar and just release a trailer/preview when they want to. I specifically hate previews in magazines.

Take out Grifball, put in Race playlist

Reach population increases triple fold.

I would love to have a matchmaking race playlist, not sure it would be hugely popular, but it would be cool to have. Its the kind of thing that would work well in a weekend double exp playlist but maybe not survive long term. I wish Halo Reach had wacky weekends where gametypes like Fiesta, 3 ball, Race and others made it into matchmaking for a short period. With Reach you actually have the tools to enforce what used to be honour rules, so it could work.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Isn't CES in March? I don't expect anything before then.

CES is in January and I am on a panel talking about movies and games. But I am not announcing a Halo movie, because we are not currently working on one and I am not talking about Halo 4.

I set your expectations to zero so Son am not disappoint.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Plans change all the time. I was surprised we didn't see anything new regarding Halo 4 last year but whatever. We got Glasslands and Primordium today. Whenever they do show Halo 4, it should be awesome.

I concede to Ellis's uber manly beard. My own beard just curled up and cried after seeing that picture.

CES is in January and I am on a panel talking about movies and games. But I am not announcing a Halo movie, because we are not currently working on one and I am not talking about Halo 4.

Are you talking about the 343i store where people can buy the godlike hoodie?

wwm0nkey

Are we going to hear anything about the movie that got canned at least?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like this weekly.

I dunno how you kids get it done in Grifball, though. I can't kill shit in Grifball. SWAT is the way I go if I need to rack up quick kills for some reason.

FyreWulff

I like this weekly.

I dunno how you kids get it done in Grifball, though. I can't kill shit in Grifball. SWAT is the way I go if I need to rack up quick kills for some reason.

I only put up with Grifball for weeklies. Otherwise, it's a shame that it's the only way an objective gametype will be popular.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A CES reveal would be so fuckin weak. I agree with whoever said do it like Rockstar does. Make the full reveal its own event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
And have the worst people ask questions during Q & A.

No I don't mean like, an event at some venue with tons of people. I mean like, announce a date for the reveal. Have a countdown. Build hype. Build hype. Then reveal like on IGN or even on Halo.xbox.com. Something like that.

=(

But Im glad you ruled it out ahead of time.

I will say though, I wish we had the idea of a timeframe of when we could see something.

feel

sigh

After all this wait when Halo 4 finally shows up it better do it in a spectacular fashion. At the very least tons of multiplayer footage, a bit of campaign, some music from the game and a date for the public beta #1.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yeah would like to know what month we will at least see something

I agree, this whole wait and see thing is getting a bit ridiculous. For Reach, they'd announced that it would be at the VGAs so at the very least we had a set date to anticipate seeing the game. Same with the GI Hub and its related content that appeared shortly after.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
sigh

After all this wait when Halo 4 finally shows up it better do it in a spectacular fashion. At the very least tons of multiplayer footage, a bit of campaign, some music from the game and a date for the public beta #1.
I think something close to that would be reasonable. It all sounded a bit absurd to me at first, but no more absurd than knowing nothing about a game coming out within the year.

I find the lack of Halo 4 news disturbing.

Seriously, all we have seen is a cg trailer with ugly chief, a bunch of concept art thrown together and a vid of a bunch of guys fyring potato cannons in the woods :/

heckfu

Banned
We are so close to OT 8. Is there any way we can scrap Reach OT 8 and finally just made a halogaf thread?

::taps:: is this thing on?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No I don't mean like, an event at some venue with tons of people. I mean like, announce a date for the reveal. Have a countdown. Build hype. Build hype. Then reveal like on IGN or even on Halo.xbox.com. Something like that.
Oh, that would work.
I think "Is the Master Chief in this game?" or "Will we use our Xbox 360 to play this game?" aren't bad question in my eyes.
There should be a pre-screening for these things.

Top Bottom