• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live said:
I don't think Glasslands turned Halsey into she wasn't already. The fact is, up to now, there's never really been anyone to raise the questions the book asks, not even much from the fandom.

Abducting children? Illegal cloning? Unethical medical experiments on children? Child murder?

Halsey never once considered the consequences of her actions. What little conscience she had or has now developed never once got in the way of these clearly criminal acts.

So suddenly she has an attack of guilt. And what does she doe? Steals and abducts military resources and personnel during a war when they were most needed. More selfish, self-centred criminal acts committed by an egotist without care or thought about the consequences.

History, as they say, is written by winners but that shouldn't be an excuse to sweep the dirt under the carpet.

And in terms of blaming Halsey more than anyone else? She's the central figure. Look at the Nazi's - most of Hitler's circle of henchmen, some of the worst war criminals in living memory, committed most of their crimes by proxy. They signed papers. Gave orders. Made demands. And there was always someone else in the chain of command that allowed them. Did that excuse them of their crimes? Heck no.

Parangosky intentionally went public with the full Spartan II details because it was easy to lay the blame at the feet of the person most responsible for it all - Halsey. Halsey is dead, in terms of public awareness so she makes the perfect scapegoat and allows ONI to wash its hands clean. Parangosky testifies and admits her role in turning a blind eye and giving direct permission for most of it. The whole event has been choreographed.

Parangosky isn't getting away with her crimes here wither. She's accepting personal responsibility so that the blame stops with her. Stops with Halsey. It was her fault. Halsey's fault. While ONI continues on wards like it always does.
I'm not against you. I agree with you. You should've posted this, when Dax etc used the argument
that Glasslands blaming Halsey too much
-----

Still haven't pre-ordered Halo Anniversary? Okay. Newegg has the $30 deal up again. So pre-order now. (Add to the car to see the $10 discount)

xxjuicesxx said:
Oh it'd also eliminate host quits/all the weapon respawning problem.

I say these reasons might be adding up.

Lets try and get nice things in our Halo! instead of saying "OHHH ITS GOOD ENOUGHHHH"

Also would eliminate killing sprees being reset.

Zeouterlimits said:
But aren't there non-financial arguments for P2P?
Which games do use Dedi's? (as a matter of interest)
Gears 3
Battlefield 3

Are the current big ones. Financially microsoft should be pushing money to the biggest franchise they have.

Devolution said:
Also would eliminate killing sprees being reset.

Worst thing EVER. My perfections Riot :(

Edit such a scrubcake

TheOddOne

StalkerUKCG said:
Gears 3
Battlefield 3

Are the current big ones. Financially microsoft should be pushing money to the biggest franchise they have.
Sorry for my ignorance, but does the consolified version of Battlefield 3 also have dictated servers?

xxjuicesxx said:
Lets try and get nice things in our Halo! instead of saying "OHHH ITS GOOD ENOUGHHHH"
This times a million. We should always strive for a better, more awesome Halo even if the improvements are minimal.

FyreWulff

Zeouterlimits said:

On Live:

Gears 2 (in small amounts, no idea if they're still running)
Gears 3
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Section 8
Section 8: Prejudice
Unreal Tournament 3 (I don't think any official ones are running though)
Shadowrun before FASA shutdown

On Live and let you rent a server from a provider with your settings:

On Live and let you set up your own Xbox as a dedicated server with your settings:

Unreal Tournament 3

On Live and let you run your own PC as a dedicated server with your settings:

Section 8 (for both PC version and 360 version)
Halo 2 Vista

OXbox Live games that used dedis, and let you run your own OXbox as a dedi:

Counterstrike
Full Spectrum Warrior
Rainbow Six 3
Far Cry: Instincts
Far Cry: Instincts: Predator
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon
GRAW 2 (notice a publisher trend?)

If Halo 4 were to have dedis, it'd be neat if you could elect to send your Xbox into dedicated server mode into a playlist (it'd run a bandwidth test first) then you get experience/credits/whatever for each game you successfully host from beginning to end.

- Every player can get into a game without having to queue or be rejected because you didn't buy enough dedicated servers for your game
- Players not in a supermetropolis can get low ping games by being hosted by other people in their region
- Developer doesn't have to risk capital building or renting colo space and have the game undersell

Really, it'd be more of a non-issue if the United States didn't have such shit-poor internet. Every ISP will gladly run the fastest internet possible to your house, give you 50MB down and 1MB up. Keep in mind that the US Congress considers something like 256kb up/down as broadband.

stephen08

Zeouterlimits said:
On 360 Gears 3 and Battlefield 3 are the most recent examples. Gears 3 was having issues keeping them up and trying to join games in Battlefield are an exercise in frustration. I don't think that's entirely due to the servers though.

FyreWulff said:
On Live:

Gears 2 (in small amounts, no idea if they're still running)
Gears 3
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Section 8
Unreal Tournament 3 (I don't think any official ones are running though)
Shadowrun before FASA shutdown

On Live and let you rent a server from a provider with your settings:

On Live and let you set up your own Xbox as a dedicated server with your settings:

Unreal Tournament 3

On Live and let you run your own PC as a dedicated server with your settings:

Section 8 (for both PC version and 360 version)
Halo 2 Vista

OXbox Live games that used dedis, and let you run your own OXbox as a dedi:

Counterstrike
Full Spectrum Warrior
Rainbow Six 3
Far Cry: Instincts
Far Cry: Instincts: Predator
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon
GRAW 2 (notice a publisher trend?)

If Halo 4 were to have dedis, it'd be neat if you could elect to send your Xbox into dedicated server mode into a playlist (it'd run a bandwidth test first) then you get experience/credits/whatever for each game you successfully host from beginning to end.

Rainbow 6 vegas let you run your console as a dedi i believe

Havok

stephen08 said:
On 360 Gears 3 and Battlefield 3 are the most recent examples. Gears 3 was having issues keeping them up and trying to join games in Battlefield are an exercise in frustration. I don't think that's entirely due to the servers though.
DICE just has bad product launches, no matter if there are servers or not. The game coming in as hot from development as it did certainly doesn't help. In a few weeks things should probably be fine.

Havok said:
DICE just has bad product launches, no matter if there are servers or not. The game coming in as hot from development as it did certainly doesn't help. In a few weeks things should probably be fine.

Yeah this has happened with every Battlefield game, and is always ironed out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
StalkerUKCG said:
No excuse when they had multiple betas, 6 years into a console, and multiple games before hand.

Just saying

Not saying their is an excuse for it, just stating that the same thing had happened in the past and was ironed out pretty quickly. Also, personally I had one night where I couldn't play Battlefield for an hour because of scheduled server downtime. Other than that I haven't had any issues at all.

People are also spoiled by Halo. Every AAA multiplayer game with the exception of Halo games in the case of 3 and Reach have had significant online issues with the game launched. In COD Black Ops, I couldn't take a party into a game for a couple of weeks, and that's the biggest game on the planet.

Havok

FyreWulff said:
That's actually pretty brilliant. Make good use of assholes that would otherwise idle in Firefight.

Steelyuhas said:
Not saying their is an excuse for it, just stating that the same thing had happened in the past and was ironed out pretty quickly. Also, personally I had one night where I couldn't play Battlefield for an hour because of scheduled server downtime. Other than that I haven't had any issues at all.

People are also spoiled by Halo. Every AAA multiplayer game with the exception of Halo games in the case of 3 and Reach have had significant online issues with the game launched. In COD Black Ops, I couldn't take a party into a game for a couple of weeks, and that's the biggest game on the planet.

Iv had plenty of issues with battlefield since launch, Its not about being spoiled its about games and microsoft meeting expectations of paying customers. £40 for a game £40 for XBL i expect to be able to play day 1 without issues

Honestly, I probably won't put more than a few hours into CEA's multiplayer. I've come to realize that if Reach wasn't a Halo title, say if it was a Call of Duty game and I had as many issues with it as I do with Reach, I wouldn't give it as much leeway as I have with Reach.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Honestly, I probably won't put more than a few hours into CEA's multiplayer. I've come to realize that if Reach wasn't a Halo title, say if it was a Call of Duty game and I had as many issues with it as I do with Reach, I wouldn't give it as much leeway as I have with Reach.
All what I can say is that I won't play Reach anymore. I won't miss the maps. I won't miss the campaign. CEA is going to be my Halo game till Halo 4. And I'll have fun. A lot of fun. Even if I don't really like the Reach's gameplay(compared to other Halo games). And If you don't play it, we will meet again at the place where the Unicorns live... ehm... the battlefields of Halo 4.

omg.kittens said:
Does NewEgg stuff usually arrive close to release day? I bought from them when the $30 deal first popped up a few months ago.

I got this one in black. Quite excited.
Not this one?

I think NewEgg has release date delivery guarantee.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devolution said:
Running the other way if I see you IRL.
Whatevs, I'll chase you, yelling my opinion on AR starts and player inertia. People will think we're awesome MLG pros and ask for autographs.

StalkerUKCG said:
Iv had plenty of issues with battlefield since launch, Its not about being spoiled its about games and microsoft meeting expectations of paying customers. £40 for a game £40 for XBL i expect to be able to play day 1 without issues

You are perfectly entitled to expect that, but history will tell you that it's not going to happen, and people shouldn't be surprised (they can certainly be disappointed about it) when an online portion of a major game has issues at launch.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lyphen said:
Saga is over, but good job getting lurkers angry and jealous, you cruel bunch of comedians.

http://i.imgur.com/A09Bt.png
oQjlM.jpg

Ramirez

Letters said:
Shouldn't all of HaloGAF (except like 4 guys) have it then?? Everyone here is at an embarassing rank in this pos.

I guess you're right, going by my logic, N00bs and Stephen should have had the game months ago.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey lurkers heres an Anniversary code. Hurry hurry hurry.

UR433-4NID1-OTL0L-DUM64-S5E5S

Good luck!

Top Bottom