• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

daedalius said:
Played some BF3 on a high end PC for a while tonight, and while it looks amazing, still a military shooter; which is not really my favorite.

I still enjoy reach, but I think I'll enjoy it more once the CEA playlist comes out.

Yeah I think I'll pick up Reach again with CEA and the Anniversary playlist(s) with the new maps.

senador

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
The beta was an atrocious misrepresentation of the game (very buggy, no vehicles, the worst map in the game, a map that is very very un-battlefield like, rush while fun is no conquest, damage model is different in the final game [you can take a bit more damage]), but it is a military shooter, so if you just plain don't like that, then you still probably won't like it.

God I hope your are right. I tried the beta for several nights and was ultimately frustrated with it. I canceled my preorder, but all my friends are playing and praising it, but I also keep reading negative things. I picked it up today though at Target for free since they had B2G1. I picked up Forza 4 and Gears 3 as well. Why the hell can't you back out to the lobby between rounds in BF3? That's going to drive me nuts.

Halo.... I haven't played for a few weeks now. I've been playing other games and working on stuff. I'm pumped for CEA though and the new maps. That'll be so refreshing. The maps for Reach have gotten old.

senador said:
God I hope your are right. I tried the beta for several nights and was ultimately frustrated with it. I canceled my preorder, but all my friends are playing and praising it, but I also keep reading negative things. I picked it up today though at Target for free since they had B2G1. I picked up Forza 4 and Gears 3 as well. Why the hell can't you back out to the lobby between rounds in BF3? That's going to drive me nuts.

Halo.... I haven't played for a few weeks now. I've been playing other games and working on stuff. I'm pumped for CEA though and the new maps. That'll be so refreshing. The maps for Reach have gotten old.

Not sure, it's pretty annoying. It is clear from the menu UI that the game was developed for the PC first and ported to the consoles, so there's some weird things like that.

TheOddOne

Louis Wu said:
Awesome. A little digging shows that was created by Jarod Lenz Erwin, the guy behind the UI for the Waypoint mobile app.

Nice find!
You're right. Went snooping a little and found this:

350_max.jpg

Very cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1.56 KD with the AR being their preferred weapon? That's impressive.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
omg.kittens said:
1.56 KD with the AR being their preferred weapon? That's impressive.
It's probably based on my Halo 3 stats.

FyreWulff

kgSMc.jpg

-3,643 Hammer kills from Grifball
-1,704 DMR kills from SWAT
Makes the Magnum and Melee my most common methods of killing. Too bad you can't exclude playlists on the listing instead of viewing one category at a time

PR and PP tied for least used handheld weapon at 5 kills apiece, but that doesn't account for them being used to strip shields for a DMR/Pistol shot or a beatdown. I have 430 competitive EMP medals.

The Halo 4 concept art glimpse still gives me goosebumps, will we ever see something like that in-game? That art direction is amazing.

Also, didn't know Corrine Yu and Kenneth Scott were married, that's pretty beautiful.

FyreWulff

Endure: The Return

Complete four sets on any Firefight map in co-op play on Heroic or harder. - 30,000cR

Remember to play until the fifth set

blamite said:
Ooh, very nice. Cool to see so all that Reach footage used to tie the two games together.

On the other hand, I realize the game is ten years old, but I think it's kind of a shame that the big twist is revealed in a trailer this time around.
The target group of Halo: CEA are the fans. They know the story of Halo: CE already.

blamite

Hypertrooper said:
The target group of Halo: CEA are the fans. They know the story of Halo: CE already.
Yeah, but... still. It feels weird. I'm sure pretty much everyone who'd be interested in the game at all would know about the Flood, but it's still basically the big reveal. You don't usually see that in a trailer.

TheOddOne

I finished Halo: Cryptum today. Not gonna go into specifics of the story, but I really loved the tone and scale of it. If anything or even just little bit comes over into the games, then we are set for one hell of a ride.

Can't wait to read Glasslands, gonna reread Cryptum before the next one comes too.

Woorloog

Banned
Flipyap said:
This likely was mentioned before, but I find it funny that while the ring has its new overdone look:

http://i.imgur.com/imS0cl.jpg[IMG]

The control room still shows the old featureless grey hoop:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BGUfbl.jpg[IMG]

Forerunners. Galaxywide empire wielding boundless technology, but they can't even be bothered to update their holographics card. Dirty casual peasants.[/QUOTE]
LOL!
How the hell did they miss it? I'm fine with the new ring but having different holo and ring... now that's annoying. Can it be patched?

Flipyap said:
This likely was mentioned before, but I find it funny that while the ring has its new overdone look:

http://i.imgur.com/imS0cl.jpg[/MG]

The control room still shows the old featureless grey hoop:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BGUfbl.jpg[/MG]

Forerunners. Galaxywide empire wielding boundless technology, but they can't even be bothered to update their holographics card. Dirty casual peasants.[/QUOTE]
Seriously WTF?! 343i? What did you do? Did you even work on this game? I could live with the old Master Chief model, I could live with the Kinect feature that everyone would use once and never again, I could live with the cutscene, where the Chief pisses himself in the pants, I could live with the new Keyes model that looks like me just with grey hair. But this. No. I'm going to cancel my pre-order now. Seriously. I lost my faith for Halo 4.... Mama told me to not trust you. I shouldn't have too much faith in 343i. They will disappoint you. Mama told me the truth. No faith. No faith.

[spoiler]The post is pure sarcasm.[/spoiler]

Hypertrooper said:
Seriously WTF?! 343i? What did you do? Did you even work on this game? I could live with the old Master Chief model, I could live with the Kinect feature that everyone would use once and never again, I could live with the cutscene, where the Chief pisses himself in the pants, I could live with the new Keyes model that looks like me just with grey hair. But this. No. I'm going to cancel my pre-order now. Seriously. I lost my faith for Halo 4....
Huh? Could you fill me in on that?

Top Bottom