• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

heckfu

Banned
Blerg, school and work have been killing me lately and I haven't had a ton of time to be on Reach or GAF...and I have like 10 pages to cover.

heckfu said:
Blerg, school and work have been killing me lately and I haven't had a ton of time to be on Reach or GAF...and I have like 10 pages to cover.
You missed the CEA codes giveaway.

Edit: Living Dead: people betraying eachothers to keep their camping spot, AMAZING.

Just turn friendly fire off, not that difficult *sigh*

heckfu

Banned
Gabotron ES said:
You missed the CEA codes giveaway.

Edit: Living Dead: people betraying eachothers to keep their camping spot, AMAZING.

Lol thanks! So more of the same plus CEA codes...gotcha.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hydranockz said:
It's good to see people who enjoy Reach posting in a Halo: Reach thread once in a while :p I am by no means suggesting that Reach is a perfect game, but it is a great deal of fun for me.
Yeah, I love Reach, despite its numerous flaws. The only thing that really brings me down is the randoms. No mics, no skill, no Halo Honor.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm trying to finish Halo 2 on Legendary again. Oh Cairo Station you're on my list. ON MY DAMN LIST! I won't give up. I won't.

How do you defeat Tartarus? A few years ago, I made it till that part with blood sweat and tears only to be constantly defeated by Tartarus or his brute BF's.

Zel3

Tha Robbertster said:
How do you defeat Tartarus? A few years ago, I made it till that part with blood sweat and tears only to be constantly defeated by Tartarus or his brute BF's.
I took a banshee in there. Halo 2 is very easy to break so you can skip many sections on legendary. Only section i had problems in was the dreaded Cairo Station.

Karl2177

Tha Robbertster said:
Do the Banshee trick bro.

Slow, difficult way.

The faster way is to rub the Banshee against the structure near where Tartarus would be and the cutscene will start. Then you back into the hallway to find your Banshee.

Zel3 said:
I took a banshee in there. Halo 2 is very easy to break so you can skip many sections on legendary. Only section i had problems in was the dreaded Cairo Station.
Quarantine Zone/Sentinel Wall and the section where the Flood is on High Charity? That shit was difficult.

Karl2177 said:
Do the Banshee trick bro.

Slow, difficult way.

The faster way is to rub the Banshee against the structure near where Tartarus would be and the cutscene will start. Then you back into the hallway to find your Banshee.

Quarantine Zone/Sentinel Wall and the section where the Flood is on High Charity? That shit was difficult.

There are a ton of hiding spots on the Gondolas--plenty of little tunnels here and there, and if you have Sputnik you can just grenade jump onto one of the upper parts of the structure and the flood won't even notice you. Just use camo if absolutely necessary, throw grenades/pick off ones your elite buddies take care of, and have Tartarus shoot whatever's left to death.

Zel3 said:
That's always what I get told. I wonder if there are people who did it without the Banshee :lol

Tha Robbertster said:
That's always what I get told. I wonder if there are people who did it without the Banshee :lol

Even when using the Banshee it takes ages to kill him. I cannot imagine how long it would take without the banshee.

Tha Robbertster said:

Amusingly enough, the fastest recorded Legendary speedrun (that I can remember) DOES use the Banshee, but only to get inside more quickly. Dual Brute Plasma Rifles have crazy damage output, so it basically came down to having to backpedal against Tartarus for a good 45 seconds or so, waiting for Johnson to pop his shields, and then just hammering him with shots until the rifles overheated.

Ken

23994e8f.png

Hope H4 adds the ability to add new armor through DLC.

feel

I hope they have proper different suits in Halo 4. In Reach you can only change the helmets and the rest is just ugly accesories that look awful on a spartan.
Gabotron ES said:
Hey you don't know what goes on behind the scenes of playlist managing. Maybe it takes the precise positioning of 187 massive stone levers to introduce a little change like that.

:lol ForgeGAF thread is a wasteland.

Letters said:
Hey you don't know what goes on behind the scenes of playlist managing. Maybe it takes the precise positioning of 187 massive stone levers to introduce a little change like that.
That's the only explanation I can think of. Must be true.

Zee-V70 said:
Amusingly enough, the fastest recorded Legendary speedrun (that I can remember) DOES use the Banshee, but only to get inside more quickly. Dual Brute Plasma Rifles have crazy damage output, so it basically came down to having to backpedal against Tartarus for a good 45 seconds or so, waiting for Johnson to pop his shields, and then just hammering him with shots until the rifles overheated.
On the lower difficulties, I always used double needlers; really effective against brutes and Tartarus too. Never really tried the brute plasma rifle really. I'm gonna try to remember to use those when I'm going to do another playthrough.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm trying to finish Halo 2 on Legendary again. Oh Cairo Station you're on my list. ON MY DAMN LIST! I won't give up. I won't.
Noob combo plus sticky's will get you through the whole level easily. Without the noob combo the only crazy hard part is the first hangar room encounter

Tha Robbertster said:
Beam Rifle plus picking up random guns. Patience and not rushing in at him or his possy is what will get you the win

TrounceX

Hydranockz said:
Personally, I am happy to see Trounce back. It's good to see people who enjoy Reach posting in a Halo: Reach thread once in a while :p I am by no means suggesting that Reach is a perfect game, but it is a great deal of fun for me.

Thanks man. I don't really understand the mentality of a lot of people in this thread either but what do I know. I'm just a mentally unstable imbecile who is kind of good at Halo because I pull host all the time :)

Anyways my friend and I are running TU playlist this afternoon if anybody wants to join.

GT: Trounce

Louis Wu said:
A lot, actually.

I played for 6 hours or so yesterday. Enjoyed the vast majority of it.

This community tends to overstate dissatisfaction more than most I'm a part of, so I just wanted to be sure that there was at least ONE voice still expressing the viewpoint that Reach isn't a steaming pile of shit. :)

After playing gaf customs with certain settings the TU leaves much to be desired. Never said it was shit, but the flaws tend to add up after a while. One can be super critical of something without thinking it's dog shit. I'm playing it (When I have time) rather than other FPSes shouldn't that say something?

But if 2 or 3 had Reach's netcode and population numbers I'd play either of those two over Reach. I grew up on FPSes on PC, so I've been spoiled when it comes to servers, abilities to modify games and simplistic stripped down gameplay. Halo has shunted off from what attracted me to it in the first place and it's just frustrating. They really, honestly, gave the middle finger to anyone who enjoyed non-complicated competitive style action when they put AAs in every god damn playlist.

Hypertrooper said:
He didn't post a lot anymore. Why do you ask? Just because he has a early copy of Anniversary? The game is coming out in 2weeks and 1-2 days... Patience.
That's the interesting part, how the well do you get a game more than two weeks earlier? Just curious.

feel

Does nutter really have CEA? I've never actually seen him online playing it and I don't think he would be above making a brag post or two if he had it.

MrDaravon

People are getting CE:A early? Good shit.

Since the Waypoint forums are still crap and don't load for me half of the time: does anyone have any idea if you get temp cR banned if you get permbanned automatically after the 2nd time or anything? I have a friend who got cR banned for 24 hours a couple of months ago for boosting Dailies with idle guests. He then did it again and got banned about a week ago and is still banned. He got banned along with two other people, but their bans were their first so they only got a 24 hour ban. My friend who is still banned says it doesn't say anything about when it will end, and it's been 6 days. Does anyone know for a fact if it's 3 strikes you're out or anything like that, so I can try to convince this guy to knock this shit off?

Also I can't confirm since Waypoint doesn't like loading for me ever, but did 343 ever put up a Playlists page that shows what maps/gametypes are in Playlist yet or not?

One little quibble I have with theatre that I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that when you opt to rename a film or film clip it saves the renamed file as a duplicate and keeps the old one too. Can make things rather messy when sifting through clips.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ugh, hit the same stupid wall for Glasslands that I hit with Cryptum (read first few chapters, get hype, suddenly stop reading for no reason, procrastinate when wanting to go back). :(

TheOddOne

Domino Theory said:
Ugh, hit the same stupid wall for Glasslands that I hit with Cryptum (read first few chapters, get hype, suddenly stop reading for no reason, procrastinate when wanting to go back). :(
I usually read when I'm in the bus or train going to school. I procrastinate at home, even when I don't have anything to do.

Letters said:
Cocopjojo sending him an early F&F copy would be a good guess.
There are not multiple week early F&F copies of Halo games usually.

However he got it I would imagine nobody was supposed to know (hence his silence). My guess is that he was given a code that wasn't meant to be given out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:
Cocopjojo sending him an early F&F copy would be a good guess.
I don't have an early copy of Anniversary. No green disc, no Gond code, no retail playable version. It is a safe bet that Nutter hasn't magically been sent one.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't have an early copy of Anniversary. No green disc, no Gond code, no retail playable version. It is a safe bet that Nutter hasn't magically been sent one.
My god. Nutter's usurping Frankie's position at 343.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:

OMG Nutter's gone French!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom