• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Flipyap said:
This likely was mentioned before, but I find it funny that while the ring has its new overdone look:

http://i.imgur.com/imS0cl.jpg[/IMG

The control room still shows the old featureless grey hoop:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BGUfbl.jpg[/IMG

Forerunners. Galaxywide empire wielding boundless technology, but they can't even be bothered to update their holographics card. Dirty casual peasants.[/QUOTE]
I must say that the "reimagining" (not remake) of the Halo's design is what bothers me more than anything else I've seen. Why the purple?

TheOddOne

@WideEyedFox tweeted this:

MNVjM.jpg

DOPE!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dax01 said:
I must say that the "reimagining" (not remake) of the Halo's design is what bothers me more than anything else I've seen. Why the purple?
Because that's the general Forerunner architectural style that was established in Halo 3.

feel

Dax01 said:
Why the purple?
Same with ALL the other differences, they were insecure about the graphical switch not being impressive enough in places so they made a ton of it look vastly different or have weird new details so it's a more shocking change. Also, outsourced visuals and 343i not wanting to nag them about every little thing they went overboard with. I'm annoyed that they changed the time of day or color tone on "Halo".

Lyphen said:
Because that's the general Forerunner architectural style that was established in Halo 3.
Lolwat? There's some purple in bits of the Ark design, but the new ring created revealed at the end of the Covenant looks like the traditional (proper) Halo design.

Most of the forerunner stuff in 3 has the greys & navy that is traditional Forerunner design. This feels so different.

daedalius said:
Missing out on an epic single player campaign apparently
The at-best-mediocre campaign in BF3 has been well documented.

PooBone

Lyphen said:
I recall zero purple used in Forerunner structures on Halo 3. If someone has a screenshot I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure purple has been exclusive to Covenant tech.

Lyphen said:
Do you guys remember what The Ark looks like at all? Refresher:
Blue and purple lights.

The metal isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be, but it certainly isn't an abomination.
I agreed about bits of the Ark. But it is one structure.
Similarly, in that game, they have the perfectly fine version of the ring in it. So it doesn't work as a defence of all the changes in Anniversary.

Karl2177

In case Ellis doesn't go back into the thread on the Gaming side, I have a few questions for anyone at 343i to answer.

lybertyboy said:
We have said repeatedly that you would be able to download the maps to your HDD using Halo: Anniversary so you can see all the MP maps from your Halo: Reach disc. Don't know how we could get more clear than that.
Is it disc-based install(similar to the Halo 2 MP map disc)? Is there a code for downloading it(similar to Mythic 1 in Halo Wars)? Is it similar to the transfer system of Rock Band to Rock Band 2(pay or have it code based to be usable on the Reach disc)?

More Reach based: On bleed through, can it be set to melee only? How much can you guys modify weapon damage? Is there a setting for starting with random AAs? Will we see other bloom settings other than 0% and 85%? Could we design a list of things we want in a custom gametype that aren't available to us(allow us to really create the game we want)?

While we're askin' questions, it turns out I won't be able to get CEA right away so what's the deal with the skull preorder bonus? Will I just have to live without it forever or will you guys make it available through some other means? I don't care about not being Johnson in ODST Firefight, but I kinda want all the skulls available to me for replayability.

Rickenslacker said:
While we're askin' questions, it turns out I won't be able to get CEA right away so what's the deal with the skull preorder bonus? Will I just have to live without it forever or will you guys make it available through some other means? I don't care about not being Johnson in ODST Firefight, but I kinda want all the skulls available to me for replayability.
Check your PMs.

Flipyap

Lyphen said:
Do you guys remember what The Ark looks like at all? Refresher:

http://youtu.be/ZACN4bzROvE?t=50s

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_00

Blue and purple lights.

The metal isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be, but it certainly isn't an abomination.
Huh? The blue lights are all on land and it only appears purple from space. Granted, we haven't seen its backside, but all of the metal bits on its surface are predictably dull grey.

I really wish we knew exactly how the Halo CEA maps worked. I need to know if I need to buy 2 copies of HCEA or 1.

I have 2 360's
2 copies of Reach (one retail, one games on demand)

If I want to be able to play on the new maps on both systems at the same time, do I need one copy of the game or two?

Magni

Hypertrooper said:
I didn't ask him. I gave him an order!

Same question as Rickenslaw is what I meant. Don't know if I'll be able to buy it straight away, seeing as I'm half broke and have projects and exams starting Wednesday until Christmas ><

Hey You

MagniHarvald said:
Same question as Rickenslaw is what I meant. Don't know if I'll be able to buy it straight away, seeing as I'm half broke and have projects and exams starting Wednesday until Christmas ><
Yeah, I hope they will be given out (not sold on ebay), but then again people who preorder will bitch.

MagniHarvald said:
Check your PMs.

Devin Olsen said:
Does anyone here play League?

Add me if you do.

DevinOlsen
The irish folk play it. Ask Zeouterlimits.

Hydranockz said:
Anyone want to play? Zalinkrow and I are on. Shoot us a message if you want to join us.
If you had asked a few minutes earlier, I would've played with you. But now I suit up... :(

Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Pure jealousy.

For those who won't be able to pick up the game on launch, it may be worth scouting round retailers and asking if they have any spare/left. Stores will inevitably have a few spare and you might be able to get one if you ask an assistant to dig around; I picked up ODST bout 2 months after launch and the clerk gave me a Johnson code they had laying in a cupboard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
Cocopjojo said:
Check your PMs.
/memeslayer

ChenK said:
For those who won't be able to pick up the game on launch, it may be worth scouting round retailers and asking if they have any spare/left. Stores will inevitably have a few spare and you might be able to get one if you ask an assistant to dig around; I picked up ODST bout 2 months after launch and the clerk gave me a Johnson code they had laying in a cupboard.
Are you referring to Grunts Funeral?

I am pretty sure it will just be packaged INSIDE the first wave of game cases.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly Live said:
Do you accept UK currency for your CEA codes? Is £5,000 enough for a bribe? =P
What is that, like $5

Top Bottom