• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't have an early copy of Anniversary. No green disc, no Gond code, no retail playable version. It is a safe bet that Nutter hasn't magically been sent one.
No offense, but you strike me as bottom of the barrell over there and chances are you'll have to walk to a gamestop for you copy. Can you get David Ellis or someone else online so we can know if copies are being passed around the office already? Thanks.

TheOddOne

Found this:

531_max.jpg

BOSS.

Woorloog

Banned
Tha Robbertster said:
How do you defeat Tartarus? A few years ago, I made it till that part with blood sweat and tears only to be constantly defeated by Tartarus or his brute BF's.
Simple. Use Carbine to shoot his shields (you can find them on the platforms) and then switch to Brute Plasma Rifle (also found on the platforms) which seems to be dealing extra damage on unshielded Tartarus. Beam Rifle works as well for shooting the shields. Either way, wait till Johnson uses his Beam Rifle and then you attack Tartarus with Beam Rifle/Carbine. Use camo when he notices you. As for the other Brutes, well, you simply need to shoot them fast.

EDIT even on Legendary, using Brute Plasma Rifle to unshielded Tartarus kills him real fast. Maybe 5 bursts, not sure as it's been years since finished Halo 2 on Legendary (and the last time was on Vista with modded weapons anyway, how does BR firing Brute Shot grenades sound?).

Sai-kun

Banned
Letters said:
No offense, but you strike me as bottom of the barrell over there and chances are you'll have to walk to a gamestop for you copy. Can you get David Ellis or someone else online so we can know if copies are being passed around the office already? Thanks.

Holy shit, ice cold :lol Wow.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
I lol'd

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I never had any problem with Tartarus. It just requires patience and tenacity.

Cairo Station, however...

FZIp5.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
omg.kittens said:

FZIp5.png

Memories of backtracking all the way through the station praying I would find a lost plasma grenade.

Woorloog

Banned
omg.kittens said:

http://i.imgur.com/FZIp5.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Noob combo makes it quite easy, though the second boarding craft area is still difficult. And the part where you come out of elevator to space where you're welcomed by three+ Elite Rangers.

Halo 2 is not really as hard on Legendary as people make it, as long as you're patient and exploit the level desing and AI stupidities. And noob combo.

But Regret... that has to be the most difficult encounter in the whole game on Legendary

Slightly Live said:
Sweet new Halo art and a caked baked by Devo? This is a good evening.

I really do need to start baking and doing interesting stuff. One of my bf's pals made this for halloween:

YCYiv.jpg

Fully edible cookies. God if I could do something similar with MC helmets or grunts. That'd be fun.

edit also just found this:

master-chief-cookies.jpg

=O

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Woorloog said:
Noob combo makes it quite easy, though the second boarding craft area is still difficult.
Difficult? That shit was maddening, haha. Oh, and trust me, I abused the hell out of the noob combo. The Plasma Pistol batteries ran out quick, though, and like Frankie said, I backtracked through the entire station looking for extra supplies. The slightest mistake and I was dead, left to desperately scavenge again. : shudder :

I dunno, I've gotten considerably better at Halo since then, so maybe I wouldn't have such a hard time now... Last time I played H2 was right before H3 came out, so I'm not really sure.

HiredN00bs said:
Frankie, make a Halo movie ASAP. Cast yourself as MC if that makes it happen quicker, I don't care.

Woorloog

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Difficult? That shit was maddening, haha.
Yeah, it was originally. But later on i wasn't maddening anymore.

But at least Halo 2 Legendary enemies weren't crack shots like Reach's enemies are even on Heroic (not counting Jackal Snipers). The AI was strong but didn't have inhuman (no pun intended) accuracy. Sure, they were accurate and fired long bursts and fast but no like Reach's enemies who can headshot you (yes, the AI can headshot the player in Reach, have i told that i once got headshotted by a richochet?) while running and facing away from you. Or shoot you with Fuel Rod from 50 meters while you're in air or sprinting.

FyreWulff

Woorloog said:
Yeah, it was originally. But later on i wasn't maddening anymore.

But at least Halo 2 Legendary enemies weren't crack shots like Reach's enemies are even on Heroic (not counting Jackal Snipers). The AI was strong but didn't have inhuman (no pun intended) accuracy. Sure, they were accurate and fired long bursts and fast but no like Reach's enemies who can headshot you (yes, the AI can headshot the player in Reach, have i told that i once got headshotted by a richochet?) while running and facing away from you. Or shoot you with Fuel Rod from 50 meters while you're in air or sprinting.

Can't tell if serious or your brain has surpressed all memories of the sniper jackals

ElRenoRaven

Oh don't get me started on Halo 2 Legendary. I swear to god I'd kill someone if I ever found out who authorized that bullshit. Every Halo game on Legendary solo except that one. I like normal started on easy and worked my way up through all the difficulties like normal. So about 2 days post launch I started legendary. Year after year of failure. Then came the vista version. Switched to it. Again year after year of failure. Finally I said screw it. Locked in High Charity in the prophets chamber with the Brutes and grunts finally broke me.

Any time Halo 2 and Legendary is mentioned I get that twitch. *twitches*

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
I swear to god I'd kill someone if I ever found out who authorized that bullshit.
Wow, and to think Frankie was about to offer you an exclusive insider tour through 343i and Bungie studios. Good thing he waited a second. Crisis averted.

Check your PMs.

Jack Scofield said:
Too bad this sense of scale is completely lost in the games. Everything seems tiny in them, even the seven-foot tall supersoldiers who seem to have weapons crafted to their exact proportions.
Yeah, the weapon scale was always one of my biggest pet peeves in Halo, but there's really no good solution (that I can think of).

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
ZB or 85%, AAs or not, this game is still incredibly enjoyable for me and the Gaffers I play with whenever I do end up playing. I personally respect the likes of Zayne and Zeouter who consciously acknowledge that this game isn't fun for them so they simply do not play. I simply cannot understand the mentality that quite a lot of people have in here that really do not enjoy this game, and yet still play it quite regularly. I know there is a social aspect to wanting to play but that can't be the only reason to still play... right?

I don't think anyone who actually trashes the game plays it anymore, on here anyways. I said months ago I only played it because there was nothing else out.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop voicing my opinion on the franchise though, it's still my favorite, and I do not want Halo 4 headed in any direction near Reach.

Ramirez said:
I don't think anyone who actually trashes the game plays it anymore, on here anyways. I said months ago I only played it because there was nothing else out.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop voicing my opinion on the franchise though, it's still my favorite, and I do not want Halo 4 headed in any direction near Reach.
Sometimes the line between trashing the game and voicing opinions blurs an awful lot. I get ya though. It's kinda saddening when there aren't many other alternatives as good as Reach :/

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
Sometimes the line between trashing the game and voicing opinions blurs an awful lot. I get ya though. It's kinda saddening when there aren't many other alternatives as good as Reach :/

Well, there's about 4 games out in the past month that are better than Reach, but um, yea.

Ramirez said:
Well, there's about 4 games out in the past month that are better than Reach, but um, yea.
I mean in terms of FPS titles. BF3 seems to be a very close second, but I am hearing conflicting reports on it. I'll have to splash some cash and get in on the fun while it's still there I guess :p

Hydranockz said:
I mean in terms of FPS titles. BF3 seems to be a very close second, but I am hearing conflicting reports on it. I'll have to splash some cash and get in on the fun while it's still there I guess :p

I have had exponentially more fun with BF3 in less than a week than I've ever had with Reach.

Ramirez said:

Same. Reach basically shat all over the reasons I prefer Halo over other FPSes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Steelyuhas said:
I have had exponentially more fun with BF3 in less than a week than I've ever had with Reach.
God, not me. I tried playing the beta and couldn't take more than an hour of it. I ragequit in my first five minutes, then felt dumb and turned it back on... But yeah, I hated it. I just can't get into military style FPSs.

Like Devo said earlier: if Halo 3 had better netcode and higher populations, I'd still be playing that.

And Duncan: your costume is so awesome.

omg.kittens said:
God, not me. I tried playing the beta and couldn't take more than an hour of it. I ragequit in my first five minutes, then felt dumb and turned it back on... But yeah, I hated it. I just can't get into military style FPSs.

Like Devo said earlier: if Halo 3 had better netcode and higher populations, I'd still be playing that.

And Duncan, your custom is so awesome.

The beta was an atrocious misrepresentation of the game (very buggy, no vehicles, the worst map in the game, a map that is very very un-battlefield like, rush while fun is no conquest, damage model is different in the final game [you can take a bit more damage]), but it is a military shooter, so if you just plain don't like that, then you still probably won't like it.

daedalius

Steelyuhas said:

Played some BF3 on a high end PC for a while tonight, and while it looks amazing, still a military shooter; which is not really my favorite.

I still enjoy reach, but I think I'll enjoy it more once the CEA playlist comes out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
By the way, that Mattel Hover Board I'm holding is actually an Xbox 360 controller for a really crappy game. Found it at Big Lots for $20 and gave it a custom paint job.
I'll be honest: I'm totally stealing that idea for next year. :lol

Top Bottom