• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Risen

Devolution said:
Added.

There's a thread I'm about to go ballistic in on OT side so if I get banned. You know what happened.

Holy crap am I glad I only post in here with Halo people... that thread is just so bad.

Striker

Halo 3's hog was slow as shit, and had its own stability issues in handling. It didn't help the BR in Halo 3 could push that thing over and cause it to flip.

Havok

FyreWulff said:
Unless everyone's memory selectively removes the instances where you were able to easily tip a warthog over by just firing on the side of it with the BR in Halo 3.
It was awful then, and its awful now. It made Standoff an exercise in frustration.

Whether or not its omission was intentional in Halo 2, it made for a much better experience.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
For anyone that cares.

podcastsf.jpg

Now on iTunes!
Or subscribe via Feedburner!
Or listen with the embedded media player to let you listen from your net browser.

Having got this set up and running we're definitely going to do more. Should be at least two more episodes this year. =)

And a delay for the final Datapad article. (Nearly done!)

TheOddOne

Devolution said:
Added.

There's a thread I'm about to go ballistic in on OT side so if I get banned. You know what happened.
Must be something to go that ballistic over. Well if your going down, go down fighting.

feel

FFS Halogaf, I know you're crazy but don't go lumping the Halo 3 warthog with the trash that passes for one in Reach just because they share a flaw (sorta)

Striker

Letters said:
FFS Halogaf, I know you're crazy but don't go lumping the Halo 3 warthog with the trash that passes for one in Reach just because they share a flaw (sorta)
Just because one turd was less of a turd than another, doesn't mean it isn't a turd.

I don't know why I wrote turd so many times.

daedalius said:
Can't believe they had to bring that guy back in to fix the disaster that Sage made of the Warthog.

Who am I kidding, its still a disaster. But then we also have the Banshee...

I'm having an entertaining Spartan vs Space Marine debate here if any of you are interested in adding some unbiased opinions...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450339&page=3 (this is HaloGAF who am I kidding?)
Forerunners should be Space Marines

Havok

Striker said:
Just because one turd was less of a turd than another, doesn't mean it isn't a turd.

"Striker 4:00 PM
shit covered balls"

Its on your mind.

daedalius

thezerofire said:
And they would be hard as fuck to kill

Yes indeed they would, I have a feeling taking out a SM with anything but a headshot/multiple-headshots would be very difficult. But a BR could turn their brain into mush after a few bursts as long as they all connected.

ffs I'm such a nerd.

cory021

Neo Member
Did Halo 3's Warthog hurt the player when the vehicle itself was hit by a bullet? I don't remember.

Also, I agree the the Warthog's (and many other vehicles) driving controls aren't as great as they could be, but Bungie outdid themselves with the Falcon.

feel

Striker said:

The Halo 3 warthog seems pretty great (and balanced) to me. Never liked the feel of Halo 2 one much. I would ask why you think the one from 3 is a turd but I'd rather not know and remain unaware of its problems since I still play H3 lol

Homeboyd

FyreWulff said:
You have to do the weekly in local custom firefight. Nothing in matchmaking goes up to five sets.

Once again as a reminder: You have to play up to set 5, the challenge will pop once Set 5 starts.
Took us about 20 min.. we had 3 people and I accidentally left the bonus rounds for 3 minutes so it shouldve taken a lot less time.

Major Williams said:
Is there an easy way to get the challenge this week? I'm not a huge FF fan, so the quicker/easier the better.
Apparently you can use the achievement FF gametype, the 1 million points one, should be in the most popular gametype downloads.
Hydra, Zalin & Gui did it earlier apparently, maybe one of them can better explain.

ElRenoRaven

Zeouterlimits said:
Apparently you can use the achievement FF gametype, the 1 million points one, should be in the most popular gametype downloads.
Hydra, Zalin & Gui did it earlier apparently, maybe one of them can better explain.

Hmm. Wonder if it works in split screen.

FyreWulff

Major Williams said:
Is there an easy way to get the challenge this week? I'm not a huge FF fan, so the quicker/easier the better.

The fastest possible cheese is Corvette with bottomless clip infinite ammo, park a person at each door, and turn off dropships.

I did it solo via splitscreen on Courtyard and it took me 40 minutes

PsychoRaven said:
Hmm. Wonder if it works in split screen.

It does, I did it with a splitscreen guest.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
The fastest possible cheese is Corvette with bottomless clip infinite ammo, park a person at each door, and turn off dropships.

I did it solo via splitscreen on Courtyard and it took me 40 minutes

It does, I did it with a splitscreen guest.

Oh nice. I think I know what I'm doing tonight. lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FyreWulff said:
That thread makes me sad.

I'm going to cheer myself up by getting ready to hand out POUNDS AND POUNDS of candy.
Maybe you should eat the candy instead.

I'm sure you intend to.

pics of candy plz

FyreWulff said:
That thread makes me sad.

I'm going to cheer myself up by getting ready to hand out POUNDS AND POUNDS of candy.

Iv just finished up scaring the piss out of small children with a demon costume. Epic times were had.

Ate lots of candy aswell

The whole of Reach's vehicle sandbox was butchered with the exception of the ghost. The Scorpion in particular, formerly smooth and intuitive to control, is now a cumbersome mess to navigate, with a turret so over powered the vehicle has all but been removed from MM.

StalkerUKCG said:
Devo why do you even bother :( life eh?

Am i on the legendary doc?

You're on the list now. I figure some people might be converted by common sense which is why I bother, doesn't stop the vocal idiocy though unfortunately.

Looks like that Xbox Loop Leak was legit. Kinect SDK has been confirmed as the list said.

Major points

E3 2013
Xbox”loop” announce

Build 2013
Xbox”loop” launch

Halo 4 2012, Halo 5 2014? with gears .5/4 as a launch title is my predictions

FyreWulff

The scorpion has been overpowered since Halo 1 - it has barely been in matchmaking in ANY of the games.

Halo 2 - only on Flag Wars, Gulch Wars, Heavy and Containment games (because the giant hill in the middle of the map balanced it)

Halo 3 - only on Heavies and/or Avalanche variants

The Wraith has been the "actually balanced" tank for multiplayer matchmaking since 2. The scorpion is a sniper rifle with "kills everything" bullets.

Striker

Letters said:
The Halo 3 warthog seems pretty great (and balanced) to me. Never liked the feel of Halo 2 one much. I would ask why you think the one from 3 is a turd but I'd rather not know and remain unaware of its problems since I still play H3 lol
It was slow as hell compared to the 2nd one and was able to be flipped by a BR. It's stability wasn't its strong suit.

Strong, perhaps overpowered chaingun? Another iffy decision.

The whole of Reach's vehicle sandbox was butchered with the exception of the ghost.
The Ghost is another vehicle they mishandled in Halo 3/Reach.

As for the Scorpion - yeah, it's overpowered. It's a fucking tank! Agree with you, Fyrewulff, about the Wraith. It's been pretty good across all games. Only thing I've hated for it in Halo 3/Reach for it is hijacking and how you're stunned immediately and also the inability to escape as there's a dude jumping on your back.

TheOddOne

StalkerUKCG said:
Halo 4 2012, Halo 5 2014? with gears .5/4 as a launch title is my predictions
Gears as launch title might be right, hell they are looking for a new producer at Microsoft for that franchise (hint: linkedin shows all).

Halo 5 in 2014? Seems plausible.

FyreWulff said:
The scorpion has been overpowered since Halo 1 - it has barely been in matchmaking in ANY of the games.

Halo 2 - only on Flag Wars, Gulch Wars, Heavy and Containment games (because the giant hill in the middle of the map balanced it)

Halo 3 - only on Heavies and/or Avalanche variants

The Wraith has been the "actually balanced" tank for multiplayer matchmaking since 2. The scorpion is a sniper rifle with "kills everything" bullets.

It should be a powerful vehicle, it's a bloody tank. However, the Reach incarnation is beyond anything we saw in the previous games. The Halo 3 Scorpion was powerful (on host) but nothing tyrannical otherwise; the Reach Scorpion featured in about 20 killionaire clips in the first month of release - I can't remember seeing many killionaire clips with the Halo 3 Scorpion (obviously Reach's dreadful btb spawns are partly culpable).

It inarguably handles like poop though.

FyreWulff

Plywood said:
Maybe you should eat the candy instead.

I'm sure you intend to.

pics of candy plz

Legendary Statue next to pan for scale and on-topicness:

HQSRml.jpg

Almost full to the brim. I'm actually going and getting more, but this is around 20-30lbs of candy in there.

VuP6sl.jpg

Emile and June gaze upon the contained cornucopia of candy celebration

Went for a volume strategy this year, since it's like 8$ for 10 chocolate bars of ANYTHING. Which means mostly hard candy.

Peppermint swirls
Spearmint swirls
Hard caramel candy
Hard cinnamon hot candy
Bubblegum
Tigerpops
Blowpops
Fruit Gems
Bubblegum
Brach's Root Beer candy
Dum Dums
Things that start off as chewable candy and then become bubble gum