• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Gabotron ES said:
Lol I tried pacing my DMR shots, it actually worked! I felt like a killing machine, pretty awesome.

Anyway, I still think 85% bloom should be universal except for Invasion.

P.S: Not a single Invasion on Breakpoint yet :( and now it doesn't even appears on Premium Battle. WHY!?

My first game now in premium battle is Invasion Breakpoint :lol

TheOddOne

Slightly Live said:
Awesome!

RNHua.png

That Frank overlord pose.

In other news, I saw Tempest in the Team Slayer playlist. People voted for it too! I like where this going.

Bad news, not gonna touch CE:A till my winter break, school is just gettin' too crazy, especially since I have a group member on a project who's dead weight.

TheOddOne said:
In other news, I saw Tempest in the Team Slayer playlist. People voted for it too! I like where this going.

Large maps in 4v4 playlists so there is barely any action and you are bored during the game? Yes that is good stuff.

Tempest is fucking huge no way that should be a 4v4 map.

TheOddOne

Devolution said:
Bad news, not gonna touch CE:A till my winter break, school is just gettin' too crazy, especially since I have a group member on a project who's dead weight.
I could tell you stories about dead weight group members. Smh at some of these people, yet they still get a good grade because of everybody else who contributed fully.

xxjuicesxx said:
Large maps in 4v4 playlists so there is barely any action and you are bored during the game? Yes that is good stuff.

Tempest is fucking huge no way that should be a 4v4 map.
Yeah, but I actually really liked it. It's a large map, but the match I played was pretty decent and didn't feel like we we're searching eachother the whole time.

Havok

If there's interest, a HaloGAF Halo 2 XBC server could be going live right now.

If not, I will continue playing with laggy Columbians.

stephen08

TheOddOne said:
I could tell you stories about dead weight group members. Smh at some of these people, yet they still get a good grade because of everybody else who contributed fully.

In almost all instances of group work I have done a significant chunk of it was contingent on peer review. Nothing sweeter than your group getting an 80 on the project and the deadweight gets stuck with a 62 but you get a 90. Would have been even better if it was wholly linked to peer review.

TheOddOne

stephen08 said:
In almost all instances of group work I have done a significant chunk of it was contingent on peer review. Nothing sweeter than your group getting an 80 on the project and the deadweight gets stuck with a 62 but you get a 90. Would have been even better if it was wholly linked to peer review.
I wish it was like that at my school :(

Last week I did 3/4 of a project, they all passed the grade and the teacher told me that I did not contribute enough.

FyreWulff

Is the Anniversary "prompt to install" mean "Hey ass, put in your marketplace code to download this shit" or "actually installs from disc"

Retro

xxjuicesxx said:
What does he do there?

His job title is Official HaloGAF Community Liaison, he's been tasked with sorting through millions of posts to find out what the community wants.

His work has lead to amazing discoveries, like the Causal Link between Unsatisfactory Performance (Ages 8-16) and Advanced Shielding Development, and resulted in sweeping changes in the field of Applied Unpredictability in Firearms Simulations.

PLAYERS ON REACH, PLAY BETTER AND DONT QUIT OUT ~ Overdoziz

Goddamnit I cant get a solid game. We almost had a competitive team then they quit out before it started.

Ken

Hydranockz said:
Premium Battle and they gave us Slayer on Breakpoint... what a terrible map/gametype.

I'm sitting in the lobby if you want to invite me for a 5v5 playlist like Squad Slayer.

feel

lol I didn't see the tweet, just went by urk's "older" and took a guess

Anyways, congrats Therm!!!! This is amazing!

MrBig

I thought he has always worked with Marty? Or was he with a contracted studio and is just transferring over now?

kylej

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
what is that a bad thing?

The game industry is goddamn soul crushing. It might potentially be cool to work at a top-tier developer, but for every AAA release there are 50 half-assed licensed turds that poor souls have to grind out to make a buck. Working conditions, economic viability of budget vs sales, publisher relations, it's constant stress. EA Spouse, Rockstar Spouse, the Team Bondi situation. Starry-eyed lust to work on games should stop after age 14, when you realize what it actually entails.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Rock...Diego_employees_have_collected_themselves.php

Skim the comments here for a fun read.

kylej said:
The game industry is goddamn soul crushing. It might potentially be cool to work at a top-tier developer, but for every AAA release there are 50 half-assed licensed turds that poor souls have to grind out to make a buck. Working conditions, economic viability of budget vs sales, publisher relations, it's constant stress. EA Spouse, Rockstar Spouse, the Team Bondi situation. Starry-eyed lust to work on games should stop after age 14, when you realize what it actually entails.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Rock...Diego_employees_have_collected_themselves.php

My bf is working for a start up that wants to develop a mobile app, and because the job market is so shit he has to accept being paid way less than he should until they get funding. He's extremely stressed every day of work. Like you said unless it's a huge developer and you're a lead artist, you're basically a slave.

wwm0nkey

kylej said:

I am well aware of the soul crushing aspects, I mostly just want to do QA testing and even then I know that requires A LOT of hours but hell at least I get to sit while doing work lol

Farooq

Banned
kylej said:

Wow, that is some disheartening shit.

Top Bottom