• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hydranockz said:
I am soooo in the dark about Skyrim and Skyward Sword. It's all kind of awesome!
Heh, I've kept myself totally in the dark about Zelda. I accidentally saw a new item in some random thread, but other then that, I barely know a thing. Last trailer I watched was from TGS 2010, I think.

I've peeked at a few Skyrim details, just to get a better idea of how it stacks up compared to Oblivion.

Gabotron ES said:
Will the custom challenges feature go live the 15th? Pretty excited about it.

We need a HaloGAF related challenges list
Yeah, I'm excited, too. Can any 343 folks clarify on when it's launching?

Oozer3993

Gabotron ES said:
Will the custom challenges feature go live the 15th? Pretty excited about it.

We need a HaloGAF related challenges list

Find Your Happy Place: 1000 cR

Play 5 games in a playlist with Armor Lock and Evade without throwing your controller.

Internet Famous: 1200 cR

Spend twice as mush time talking about the game online then playing it.

Try the new BK Stacker!: 1500 cR

Finish a Team Slayer game with at least 30% of your team's kills.

Crucio

omg.kittens said:
Heh, I've kept myself totally in the dark about Zelda. I accidentally saw a new item in some random thread, but other then that, I barely know a thing. Last trailer I watched was from TGS 2010, I think.

I've peeked at a few Skyrim details, just to get a better idea of how it stacks up compared to Oblivion.

Yeah, I'm excited, too. Can any 343 folks clarify on when it's launching?
I'm the same way about Skyward Sword. I hate how they are putting out trailers for temples and all that. I want this game to surprise me!

Ken

Crucio said:
I hate how they are putting out trailers for temples and all that.

As someone who had no interest in Skyward Sword until recently, I like that they are putting those kinds of trailers out.

Karl2177

Oozer3993 said:
Find Your Happy Place: 1000 cR

Play 5 games in a playlist with Armor Lock and Evade without throwing your controller.

Internet Famous: 1200 cR

Spend twice as mush time talking about the game online then playing it.

Try the new BK Stacker!: 1500 cR

Finish a Team Slayer game with at least 30% of your team's kills.
2700 cR. cool!

I'm gonna get Skyrim with Christmass. I don't really have any experience with the game so I'll be able to wait without a problem. From what I've seen and what I'm hearing right now, it's good!

Tha Robbertster said:
I'm gonna get Skyrim with Christmass. I don't really have any experience with the game so I'll be able to wait without a problem. From what I've seen and what I'm hearing right now, it's good!

Wait for the GOTY edition.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
I'd almost forgotten about the custom challenges. Do we know when they come out?
Haven't seen a date yet... I just assumed the 15th.

I'm still not 100% on how they work in terms of creating and "challenging" friends. Isnt there a limit of people that can attempt someone's challenge and they have to be "challenged" to be able to attempt them? So, there couldn't be a designated Halogaf challenge we could all work on in a given day..? I know it's been discussed before.. I'm a little slow.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
So beautiful. Can't wait to go exploring.
I've had this playlist going for the last 40 or minutes or so while laying out colors for my newest piece, with the color pallet being inspired by a few Skyrim screenshots :)
Can't wait to hear more.

Hey You

Homeboyd said:
Haven't seen a date yet... I just assumed the 15th.

I'm still not 100% on how they work in terms of creating and "challenging" friends. Isnt there a limit of people that can attempt someone's challenge and they have to be "challenged" to be able to attempt them? So, there couldn't be a designated Halogaf challenge we could all work on in a given day..? I know it's been discussed before.. I'm a little slow.
Isn't it just on your friends list? If so, just use the HaloGaf tags to create challenges. Providing its not gold only and a limit. I thought I heard it was a 15 friends limit? If true, thats lame.

Hey You said:
Isn't it just on your friends list? If so, just use the HaloGaf tags to create challenges. Providing its not gold only and a limit. I thought I heard it was a 15 friends limit? If true, thats lame.
Indeed, what's the point of adding such an amazing feature if you just can challenge 15 friends.

"Dax Ex Machina": Earn 7 kills with the Grenade Launcher. -2343 cR

"Stephen's Halo Justice": Earn two yoink medals. -1343 cR

"Rubber bands delivery": Finish a Firefight match without a single kill. -343 cR

MrBig

omg.kittens said:
That made the past 8 minutes and 59 seconds ten times more awesome.
Good. Now listen to the other 9 songs in that playlist :)

In relation to Halo, does anyone want to start a party up tonight? Been playing only BF3 for the last week and still haven't really touched Reach in the last couple months.

feel

96xog0.jpg

Yep, kinda jelly

Letters said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/96xog0.jpg[IMG]

Yep, kinda jelly[/QUOTE]
Thanks Letters. How did you find it?

[QUOTE=Hypertrooper]Can't be better than the 343i employee hoodies.[/QUOTE]
This one is pretty awesome and I recall Frankie wearing a very similar one.

TheOddOne

heckfu said:
Not enough Skyward Sword talk on this board. Not enough at all.
Damn straight! Fuck Fialo, Skybum and Call of QTE! Nintendo deliver us for these horrible games!

I love Failo and Skybum, my games of the forever!

Gabotron ES said:
Thanks Letters. How did you find it?

This one is pretty awesome and I recall Frankie wearing a very similar one.
Yeah it looks nice, but the 343i hoodie looks still better. But I guess I'm the only one who thinks so. They should sell that stuff. It looks better than this, this and this. Of course that it's my own opinion.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The Frog, It Knows - 5000cR

Complain and verbally destroy Reach on the forums while playing it everyday.

*trollface.jpg avatar award unlocked*

Karl2177

So what are some issues with The Cage/Uncaged that can be addressed?

One that I had was spawning at Sniper. The only choice you really had was to take the man cannon. The reason I ask is because I'm attempting yet another fix towards the map.

Havok

Karl2177 said:

One that I had was spawning at Sniper. The only choice you really had was to take the man cannon. The reason I ask is because I'm attempting yet another fix towards the map.
If you can make the spawns something approaching acceptable, that'd be cool. Right now if you're sniping from the mancannon, the enemy team will spawn literally 4 feet behind you.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Karl2177 said:

Godspeed, good sir. I fear the map is unsalvageable.

KevinRo

Karl2177 said:

The spawns aren't the only thing wrong. The map itself just flows bad.

Look at all the heat maps in-regards to deaths and spawns. If you want the area of action to be expanded from the health pack and cage area, then the small tower or sniper man-cannon area needs to be expanded or changed in terms of elevation. Having large/long open sight lines and low elevation has it at an extreme disadvantage in terms of spawn starting and spawn camping. I would suggest either making the small tower larger with a mancannon/teleportal or expanding the man cannon area where the sniper spawns.

The sniper should be moved to the small tower and the grenade launcher would replace the sniper in its old spot.

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
I have a good fix for The Cage, remove it and replace it with an actual map.
carneyno-o.gif

"There are lot of people telling us 'No, you can not ship this as one big map.'"

So since Tuesday I have played 11 matchmade games and I've gotten DLC to come up once. Although, that's not great by any means, a DLC map would have never come up before.

What are other people experiencing with getting DLC in their game since the update?

Side note, the TU Beta now displays properly as its own playlist on bnet.

Karl2177 said:

You're trying something impossible in my opinion. The layout is already weak. Red team has a big advantage over Blue team. They can pick up a power weapon directly(GL) and the sniper is fast reachable for them too. Blue team spawn at the landing pad right? As you can see, each PW has the nearly the same distance for them. And then the spawns. If you pick up the sniper, a enemy will spawn directly next to you. Like I said, you burden yourself a impossible task...

Steelyuhas said:
So since Tuesday I have played 11 matchmade games and I've gotten DLC to come up once. Although, that's not great by any means, a DLC map would have never come up before.

What are other people experiencing with getting DLC in their game since the update?

Side note, the TU Beta now displays properly as its own playlist on bnet.
The DLC update is already up? I thought it will be up with the Anniversary update.

Top Bottom