• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

GhaleonEB said:
One side effect of owning a home built in 1940 is that none of the rooms were built with a large television in mind. So a 32" is literally the largest any room can optimally support, because you can't get comfortably far enough away from one bigger. So I use a 32" set, which is just right for the den. Any larger and it would be face-filling.

My house was built when Lincoln was alive. Living in a house built before the freakin' lightbulb was invented is...interesting.

I bought an HD CRT back in March '06 for $850. It had some flawed geometry and overscan, but I played Halo 2 and 3 on it for some time. I'm happier playing on my little cheap HP LCD monitor I got at Walmart for $100 in May '10.

ElRenoRaven

Thagomizer said:
My house was built when Lincoln was alive. Living in a house built before the freakin' lightbulb was invented is...interesting.

I know that feeling. Our house was a 1 room school at one time. The bad thing is that means it's pretty much a matchbox that can go up like dry kindling.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thagomizer said:
Pshh that's nothing.

I live in a long house made by Algonquin Native Americans before the settlers arrived.

daedalius

Letters said:
No, plasmas have dull picture quality. High end LCDs with good gaming modes like the hx929 or lw9800 shit all over the plasmas.

I'll check these out, but I doubt plasmas 'get shit over', that seems a bit too hyperbolic.

edit: wow those are way too expensive.

Also upgrading my video card and installing Win7 has introduced a horrible mouse-lag bug to BF3, pretty great. I LOVE pc gaming...

ncsuDuncan said:
My cave doesn't even have fire or the wheel. The frame rate on these cave paintings makes it really hard to play video games.
How close do you sit to the rock face? 42" or 32" stalactites/stalagmites?

Nice keyboard Tashi just got it a few days ago. Little loud for my liking but it types so well.

Also Wireless Mixamp.Astros on their way, FUCK YEA.

FyreWulff

My desk will probably go to hell as soon as I can get an actual streaming setup. I'm still streaming by pointing a Live Vision Cam at my 1080p monitor(s).

If I don't watch it, my Turtle Beach's wires will get EVERYWHERE.

Tashi

xxjuicesxx said:
Nice keyboard Tashi just got it a few days ago. Little loud for my liking but it types so well.

Also Wireless Mixamp.Astros on their way, FUCK YEA.
Yea I love it. Only thing is, my spacebar squeaks. Very comfy though.

GECK said:
So? Use the DMR for long range like it was meant for.

And Pistols are fun. First time in 3 Halos the Pistol has been fun and effective to play with. Your suggestive fix would result in AR (truly, the epitome of consistency) duels in Slayer and everybody ignoring their secondary completely in Slayer DMRs, basically, the status quo.

The Classic Pistol is already confirmed to have it's ROF capped. But the current TU pistol is not only a face wrecking machine, it actually makes AR/Pistol starts interesting and gives us an effective counter vs the DMR.

There will not be DMR's in Anniversary gametypes.

Awesome Barlow said:
Just curious but is HaloGAF getting MW3? I always get excited about COD and it always is a horribly designed game. COD 4 got it right, WAW was ehhh, MW2 was horrible, Black Ops was ehhh. Every year since COD4 I think "maybe this year they will release a game as good as COD4 again". I got both MW2 and BO on launch but I think I will be skipping out on this one until Black Friday.

No, every COD is not even close to as good as MW1 and I think BF3 is much more fun than any of the COD's have been.

daedalius

Steelyuhas said:
There will not be DMR's in Anniversary gametypes.

Except for Anniversary BTB, where you start with a Anniv. Pistol and DMR.

Still a questionable choice IMO. Would rather just have 2x precision be the new standard instead of cross-mapping DMRs.

Looking at LG, but the 240Hz models are a bit out of our price range.

FyreWulff

Halo 2 Anniversary confirmed

GLN0K.png

Ramirez

I'm not sure what has happened to gamers in the past year or so, but a team of 4 of us in BF is regularly capping all bases in Conquest, pushing the team back into their spawn, and thus begins some of the most boring games you've ever played. I thought people were just bad at Halo, but it really seems to be every game. -_-

daedalius

10 votes for hemorrhage ctf, man... I am never coming back to this playlist after cea.

Holy shit again, 9 votes for hemorrhage ctf. Fml

daedalius said:
Except for Anniversary BTB, where you start with a Anniv. Pistol and DMR.

Still a questionable choice IMO. Would rather just have 2x precision be the new standard instead of cross-mapping DMRs.

Looking at LG, but the 240Hz models are a bit out of our price range.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Haven't played it yet obviously, but that seems to be a pretty clear mistake.

daedalius

Steelyuhas said:
Ah yes, I forgot about that. Haven't played it yet obviously, but that seems to be a pretty clear mistake.

Well map size was cited, but then I remembered they were both played extensively with 2x zoom precision weapons in the past. So who knows.

daedalius said:
Well map size was cited, but then I remembered they were both played extensively with 2x zoom precision weapons in the past. So who knows.

The map size and layout is exactly the reason why the 3x weapon with a very fast firing rate should be left out. No bloom DMR just doesn't work in Big Team.

Speaking of which, I just ordered CEA. Release day delivery for free and $20 credit from BF3. Be at my door next Tuesday for $21.55.

GhaleonEB

For you impatient folk, I have about an hour of tweaking (and straight up drafting) to do on the CEA OT in the morning. It's very nearly there, but you can expect it around mid-morning.

Should I spoil the banner for you guys, or hold out for tomorrow?

GhaleonEB said:
For you impatient folk, I have about an hour of tweaking (and straight up drafting) to do on the CEA OT in the morning. It's very nearly there, but you can expect it around mid-morning.

SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL!

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:

Wait. I don't wanna be spoiled. Course I'll be in bed so I won't see it lol.

When you put up the thread be sure to link it here.

GhaleonEB said:

Spoil that shit, but put it in a link for a the squeamish.

Tashi

Spoil that shit. Or at least, link the image so that those who want to click it can. I'm so excited to see the sexy

Plywood said:
I was trying to say "it's nothing". >:|
Then you'd say "No es nada"
Actually, what you first wrote "Se nada" would be translated as "it's swam" , spanish is a nice but curious lenguage.

Edit: iphone laaaagg

Nice!

Must comment on how almost on-base I was when joking about 343I sending GAF a C&D (considering it turned out it was Microsoft).

It's sad how this whole thing has turned out.

Trasher

Nutter said:
I see you have MW3, I will have it tomorrow. We should play some Spec Ops :)
Fo sho, broseph. Hit me up. I'll be playing it all day most likely. Trying to knock out the campaign as we speak (type).

Top Bottom