• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Trasher

The Real Napsta said:
Just played some MW3 split screen (didn't buy it, a friend did), game is terrible. It's somehow worse than blops.
There's your problem. Split-screening should be banned in all video games.

Zeouterlimits said:
Nice!

Must comment on how almost on-base I was when joking about 343I sending GAF a C&D (considering it turned out it was Microsoft).

It's sad how this whole thing has turned out.
To be fair, it was a huge screw up on MS's part, and posting anything you got as part of the preview program was against the terms people agreed to.

So whether you like it or not, Microsoft really had to do their due diligence there to try and help with the fact that their mistake lead to the spoiling of one of their partner's biggest games.

If one of our partners in my industry did something similar, my company would be pissed and would be looking to those who made the mistake to do something about it.

And great CEA OT art!

Homeboyd

Would anybody be interested if 343/CA dropped a forge-only map pack for a couple hundred MS points? Say, for instance, 3 blank (flat) canvases set in 3 distinct environments with a full palette for each... No map design from the studios. Just 3 blank plots of land and a bunch of new pieces.

I realize this would segregate user base and it would mean potential problems for MM inclusion, but if the price was reasonable enough, it could be successful. How much real effort would this require? It seems to me it would cost so much less to produce on their end considering no map balance/design needed. Just build-out of new forge pieces and some skyboxes.

Homeboyd said:
Would anybody be interested if 343/CA dropped a forge-only map pack for a couple hundred MS points? Say, for instance, 3 blanks (flat) canvases set in 3 distinct environments with a full palette for each... No map design from the studios. Just 3 blank plots of land and a bunch of new pieces.

I realize this would segregate user base and it would mean potential problems for MM inclusion, but if the price was reasonable enough, it could be successful. How much real effort would this require? It seems to me it would cost so much less to produce on their end considering now map balance/design needed. Just build-out of new forge pieces and some skyboxes.

I wouldnt like to comment on design cost and effort. Forge world was promoted as one of the most challenging things bungie did with halo MP.

However ignoring all that id love some type of forge canvas only dlc.

Human City (new alexandria meets new mombasa enviroment)
Covenant Canvas (aboard high charity?)
Snow enviroment (not enough snow guys).

minasodaboy said:
To be fair, it was a huge screw up on MS's part, and posting anything you got as part of the preview program was against the terms people agreed to.

So whether you like it or not, Microsoft really had to do their due diligence there to try and help with the fact that their mistake lead to the spoiling of one of their partner's biggest games.

If one of our partners in my industry did something similar, my company would be pissed and would be looking to those who made the mistake to do something about it.

And great CEA OT art!
So you target one forum on the Internet? Even though the info originated elsewhere and is available elsewhere (i.e. how the Internet works).

Zeouterlimits said:
So you target one forum on the Internet? Even though the info originated elsewhere and is available elsewhere (i.e. how the Internet works).

While i dont agree with the C&D its easy to see why they did it.

Relatively small russian hacking forum/Neogaf. which one would you worry about getting the most attention.

Kujo

Damn, that's how you do an opening level (MW3) [monotone]The Covenant are on Reach I guess, in case you guys didn't notice, we sure didn't[/monotone]

Homeboyd said:
Would anybody be interested if 343/CA dropped a forge-only map pack for a couple hundred MS points?
I think it's too late for that, I'd rather they just improve it for H4 (or throw it out of matchmaking if they won't). Too much population splitting going on at the moment, I don't think it'd be worthwhile (unless it was free). Would barely come up in matchmaking, and you'd only be able to share them with like 5% of the userbase.

StalkerUKCG said:
While i dont agree with the C&D its easy to see why they did it.

Relatively small russian hacking forum/Neogaf. which one would you worry about getting the most attention.
4chan gets more readers than GAF. The C&D just attracted more people to GAF, highlighted the leak even more. Now there a bunch of articles about the leak AND the GAF C&D.

Apologies for being off topic.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I dreamt I was playing Halo Anniversary last night, for whatever reason. Shitty thing is, I got banned in my dream for playing pre-release. What the hell, subconscious.

Zeouterlimits said:
4chan gets more readers than GAF. The C&D just attracted more people to GAF, highlighted the leak even more. Now there a bunch of articles about the leak AND the GAF C&D.

Apologies for being off topic.

Why did you bring up 4chan?

feel

Quick someone make a joke banner in paint and steal the CEA OT from Ghaleon

daedalius said:
I'll check these out, but I doubt plasmas 'get shit over', that seems a bit too hyperbolic.

edit: wow those are way too expensive.

Also upgrading my video card and installing Win7 has introduced a horrible mouse-lag bug to BF3, pretty great. I LOVE pc gaming...
Yeah sorry, that was hyperbole, but still..
top plasmas do lose to top local dimming LCDs IMO
:p

StalkerUKCG said:
Why did you bring up 4chan?
Cause it's a wonderful and nice place to spend time on? Dunno :p

Edit: I will post this here since ForgeGAF's thread is a wasteland right now.

Can we have some kind of HaloGAF testing session going on in the future?

So everyone picked up MW3? I skipped BF3 assuming everyone would be playing MW starting today anyway.

Edit: Also I am at work with websense :( so like every other page is blocked. Sorry if this is all that has been talked about lately.

Oozer3993

Captain Blood said:
So everyone picked up MW3? I skipped BF3 assuming everyone would be playing MW starting today anyway.

Edit: Also I am at work with websense :( so like every other page is blocked. Sorry if this is all that has been talked about lately.
If I find a Hardened Edition after I get off work, I'll probably end up buying, seeing as I have no semblance of a will.

Woorloog

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Split screen is best screen.
Absolutely. Halo 4 needs to have it, but without as drastic drop in graphics as Halo Reach had. I don't mind if it is limited to two players only, still want split screen.
While i earlier said lack of dedi servers would be deal breaker, i'll take that back and say lack of split screen would be deal breaker.

vhfive

Captain Blood said:

My free copy is in the mail but with Skyrim coming out I'm not sure how much I'll play it right away

kylej

Banned
Captain Blood said:

awyeah.png

Blops 2 kids will be destroyed. If there's space in my usual dong group I'll pick some HaloGAF peeps up. Kids about to buy some Wiis after tonight.

Homeboyd said:
Would anybody be interested if 343/CA dropped a forge-only map pack for a couple hundred MS points? Say, for instance, 3 blank (flat) canvases set in 3 distinct environments with a full palette for each... No map design from the studios. Just 3 blank plots of land and a bunch of new pieces.

I realize this would segregate user base and it would mean potential problems for MM inclusion, but if the price was reasonable enough, it could be successful. How much real effort would this require? It seems to me it would cost so much less to produce on their end considering no map balance/design needed. Just build-out of new forge pieces and some skyboxes.
No. I won't be interested in a whole forge-only map pack. And specific multiplayer created maps > forge maps. Otherwise I'm more interested in a map created by 343i and not CA. But I don't think we will see any before Halo 4.

kylej said:
Blops 2 kids will be destroyed. If there's space in my usual dong group I'll pick some HaloGAF peeps up. Kids about to buy some Wiis after tonight.

For the greater good.

All casuals must be cleansed.

GhaleonEB

StalkerUKCG said:
Too good, bloated plauge OT please 1 sentence no pics.
It'll be compact. One post, and that one post is about half the size of the first post from the original Reach thread. I've concluded less is more, no need to get caught up in the race to outdo other OT's.

All I really have to do today is draft the Multiplayer section text, which will be about two small paragraphs, then touch up a few odds and ends.

No one in this thread will get much from the OT since we're all paying close attention.

GhaleonEB said:
It'll be compact. One post, and that one post is about half the size of the first post from the original Reach thread. I've concluded less is more, no need to get caught up in the race to outdo other OT's.

All I really have to do today is draft the Multiplayer section text, which will be about two small paragraphs, then touch up a few odds and ends.

No one in this thread will get much from the OT since we're all paying close attention.
First ten posts will be like: "Why didn't they just remade the original MP?" :/

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Then it's up to HaloGAF to make sure that doesn't happen.

HaloGAF, assemble!
Dude, it's going to be HaloGAF doing the complaining. You know these guys. :p

One of today's Challenges:

Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.​

30 assists is a LOT of assists for 2250 cR.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
Dude, it's going to be HaloGAF doing the complaining. You know these guys. :p

One of today's Challenges:

Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.​

We should just go into doubles.

One person takes GL loadout (aka assist launcher), other does the killing.

Wouldn't take long, especially in Gruntpocalypse.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gabotron ES said:
Then you'd say "No es nada"
Actually, what you first wrote "Se nada" would be translated as "it's swam" , spanish is a nice but curious lenguage.

Edit: iphone laaaagg
Stupid google translate. :[

Kujo

GhaleonEB said:
Why haven't they upped the credits even more at this point. Triple cR weekends? 5,000cR bonus each game for playing a gametype other than Zombies. With MW3/BF3 out now, they should just go nuts with credits

Still gotta get that damn 2 million credit armor thingy to complete the collection.

GhaleonEB

Mojo said:
Why haven't they upped the credits even more at this point. Triple cR weekends? 5,000cR bonus each game for playing a gametype other than Zombies. With MW3/BF3 out now, they should just go nuts with credits

Still gotta get that damn 2 million credit armor thingy to complete the collection.
The Challenges have gotten a good swift kick in the pants, but every now and then a day comes along where the payouts are light; today is such today. Most did get a 2-3x boost, such as the weekly Challenge. It has both a lower requirement and a higher payout than it used to.

GhaleonEB said:
The Challenges have gotten a good swift kick in the pants, but every now and then a day comes along where the payouts are light; today is such today. Most did get a 2-3x boost, such as the weekly Challenge. It has both a lower requirement and a higher payout than it used to.
I'm just a bit disappointed that we just had one "Jackpot weekend".(?) I hope that will change with Anniversary.

Kujo

GhaleonEB said:
Even then it's not that much when you're at higher ranks. They should increase it to 5-10x what they used to be at this point.

Why are guests still allowed to ruin the slightest pretence of a competitive game in a hopper that was labelled under 'hardcore' in Halo 3?

Capture-12.jpg

One guy on the other team was trash talking before the game starts, saying he's played me before, i'm a cheap player blah blah blah (in a German accent). Then the game isn't even a game because the guest who hasn't payed for the game, console nor xbl subscription cannot muster a single kill yet dies fifteen times, making a mockery of a game customers have payed for.

They need their own little playlist to shit up and stay away from paying customers.

Homeboyd

Hypertrooper said:
No. I won't be interested in a whole forge-only map pack. And specific multiplayer created maps > forge maps. Otherwise I'm more interested in a map created by 343i and not CA. But I don't think we will see any before Halo 4.
Well of course studio produced MP maps are better than Forge maps. I'm not implying that at all. Not to mention, you will pay a premium for MP maps where you wouldnt (or shouldnt) with something like this. Thats why I said "reasonable cost."

And if you're not a forger, you wouldn't be interested in this. You're also comparing something like this to the limited Forge we have now, but if new environments were introduced and better palettes were added, you would see a more diverse range of custom maps (that you could play in customs or a community-only playlist). Right now people hear "Forge" and immediately think "sea of gray" and immediately say "no no NO! I hate Forge!"... But if you had other options to work with, it might be a different story.

It's similar to asking someone who hates Reach's campaign if they would like to see a campaign add on via DLC. Sure if you really didn't enjoy Reach's campaign you'd say "no thanks" without considering the quality that the add-on could provide (which may provide elements you actually do enjoy).

Woorloog said:
Absolutely. Halo 4 needs to have it, but without as drastic drop in graphics as Halo Reach had. I don't mind if it is limited to two players only, still want split screen.
While i earlier said lack of dedi servers would be deal breaker, i'll take that back and say lack of split screen would be deal breaker.

Honestly, I don't think that's possible technically with the current (and by current I mean 6 years old) hardware.

Gabotron ES said:
First ten posts will be like: "Why didn't they just remade the original MP?" :/

TheOddOne said:
Followed by: "Looks like Halo", "Isn't worth the price", "Sent to die" and "PC version please".

These quotes should go at the bottom of the new |OT| OP.

Top Bottom