• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

lybertyboy said:
Why the complaints?

This just gives everyone the chance to watch the definitive Ridgeline flythrough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drexlGrKZQ
Qff14.jpg

Please tell me someone else gets this.
I blame Dax. Took me about a minute to wonder if I'd seen it before.

Dax01 said:
Ghaleon, how long until the OT? I wanna see it within the next half-hour, otherwise I won't be able to see it until around 4 today. :*(
Unless Frankie issues a C&D, I think it'll still be here when you get back later. :p

kylej

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
There is really no reason not to be uploading every thing to youtube at this point

Yeah but if you don't go to Waypoint you get to miss out on all the cool... uh...

xxjuicesxx said:
For the greater good.

All casuals must be cleansed.

Yeah I mean just look at Tashi. Kid got cleansed by true gamers at MLG Orlando, now he can't wait for sub-HD waggle Zelda. The path to the Wii is one all bad kids must follow. Tell someone else to drive the Fedex truck and lets dong tonight juicez. I've got an exam that basically determines whether I will graduate this year or not, and I haven't studied, which means I need to play Blops 2 until 5am.

FyreWulff said:
As long as we can all agree they never remade that movie.

They didn't. They made another movie based on the same book. I prefer the older adaptation.

Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit movie is not a remake of the 1977 cartoon (although I love trolling people by describing it that way). One will certainly be better than the other, but they both have their unique places.

Thagomizer said:
I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't get a Willy Wonka reference.
Willy Wonka is unknown in Germany. The most of us wouldn't understand this reference. Except it is from the movie with Captain Jack Sparrow.

ncsuDuncan said:
They didn't. They made another movie based on the same book. I prefer the older adaptation.

Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit movie is not a remake of the 1977 cartoon (although I love trolling people by describing it that way). One will certainly be better than the other, but they both have their unique places.
Remakes are great. I heard there is even a remake of this Halo game coming.

feel

lybertyboy said:
Why the complaints?

This just gives everyone the chance to watch the definitive Ridgeline flythrough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drexlGrKZQ
Thanks. Maps looks incredible aesthetically. No clue how it will play. As always it was annoying (and depressing, with Halo 4 in the horizon) to see you embrace armor abilities in yet another video. :(

Is the Reach map pack coming out day and date with the game btw?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hypertrooper said:
Willy Wonka is unknown in Germany. The most of us wouldn't understand this reference. Except it is from the movie with Captain Jack Sparrow.

Still bitter about Augustus Gloop, huh?

Eat more chocolate, fatty.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Still bitter about Augustus Gloop, huh?

Eat more chocolate, fatty.
That kid was a fake German because he didn't drink beer.

When we are talking about candies, how much is left Ghal?

edit.: Even if he was a real German.

squidhands said:
Burton needs to take a big deep breath and remember what made him a great director...

...Frankenweenie.
Fixed. (Although Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is a fantastic movie.)

Hypertrooper said:
You're thinking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That one should be unknown.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was filmed in Germany, surely it must be required viewing in grade school.

Also, um... Halo CEA will be like a Chocolate Factory of fun. And I wish I had a Bungie Golden Ticket. Relevance!

ncsuDuncan said:
Fixed. (Although Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is a fantastic movie.)

You're thinking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was the one filmed in Germany.

Also, um... Halo CEA will be like a Chocolate Factory of fun. And I wish I had a Bungie Golden Ticket. Relevance!
I can't blame my people. They know nothing important. Except they are older than 30. Especially I make movie jokes. Except for my teacher no one gets the joke. Maybe the reason I'm a bad joker or that no one knows the cool movies.

Hypertrooper said:
I can't blame my people. They know nothing important. Except they are older than 30.
Well please tell me German kids are at least familiar with The Neverending Story.

Unrelated trivia: I lived in Germany for three years as a kid, went to Kindergarten there.

ncsuDuncan said:
Well please tell me German kids are at least familiar with The Neverending Story.Unrelated trivia: I lived in Germany for three years as a kid, went to Kindergarten there.
Never saw it lol... :(

CEA is just around the corner... daaaaayum.

ncsuDuncan said:
Well please tell me German kids are at least familiar with The Neverending Story.

Unrelated trivia: I lived in Germany for three years as a kid, went to Kindergarten there.
I'm not forced to answer this question.

Edit.: It was freaking new for me that the Willy Wonka movie was shot in Germany. I'm much more proud of my country. Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe, deutsches Vaterland!

This is really oftopic, but I want an opinion from haloGaf: Does anybody have an impression of MW3's campaign? I played the first 2 mission but stopped after it. Does it get any better or is that what I should expect from it?

And if anyone from Dutch/Belgium HaloGaf is waiting for Skyrim, they are selling it at my local gamemania already.

Tha Robbertster said:
This is really oftopic, but I want an opinion from haloGaf: Does anybody have an impression of MW3's campaign? I played the first 2 mission but stopped after it. Does it get any better or is that what I should expect from it?

And if anyone from Dutch/Belgium HaloGaf is waiting for Skyrim, they are selling it at my local gamemania already.

Please discuss the campaign without spoilers (or use tags) i havnt played it yet

TOM T 117

Neo Member
Lyphen said:
Well, the footer image is super long at 1400, but other than that, perfection as usual.
Please reduce the footer size, the text currently extends off the page.

Edit: Thanks!

Edit2: I'm reading through now. The Campaign section has a few minor errors/typos, under Skulls and Terminals.

Edit3: Finished. Very helpful and concise compilation of info. Looks great as well.

Louis Wu said:
rofl - blame this on the fact that I recorded it last night but posted the news this morning - before coffee. Forgot to actually pay attention to what I was writing. ;)

I LOL'd at the updated versions of the maps including "what we've learned about making Halo maps over the last 10 years".

Booshka

GhaleonEB said:
CEA thread is up. Lemme know if I fucked anything up. :lol
I saw that you put Beaver Creek under Halo 1 Remakes, that would actually be a Halo 2 Remake. Battle Creek was in Halo 1, then for Beaver Creek in Halo 2 Bungie replaced the Ladders to the perches with those ramps/ridges to get up there. I don't really think it matters because they are very close otherwise, but technically Beaver Creek would not be a Halo 1 Remake.

ElRenoRaven

Booshka said:
I saw that you put Beaver Creek under Halo 1 Remakes, that would actually be a Halo 2 Remake. Battle Creek was in Halo 1, then for Beaver Creek in Halo 2 Bungie replaced the Ladders to the perches with those ramps/ridges to get up there. I don't really think it matters because they are very close otherwise, but technically Beaver Creek would not be a Halo 1 Remake.

I think it would count as a Halo 1 remake because the Halo 2 version was a remake of the Halo 1 version. So in the end it's a Halo 1 remake. lol

Booshka said:

A remake of a remake still means its original origin was Halo 1.

GhaleonEB

Booshka said:
My mistake there is in the title of the map, should have called it Battle Creek as it was in Halo 1. Will fix.

Louis Wu said:
rofl - blame this on the fact that I recorded it last night but posted the news this morning - before coffee. Forgot to actually pay attention to what I was writing. ;)
It gave me the perfect opportunity for a bad joke. :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Booshka said:

It's actually a remake of the fan made Forge version.

S9vFj.jpg

Top Bottom