• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Havok

So uh....Glasslands is way better than I was expecting it to be. I'm so tired.

I should have slept instead of reading it.

aj1467 said:
They don't have it available for UK customers yet ¬_¬
It looks like you can't buy the kindle version yet, because Glasslands is going to be released officially at the end of November. Sorry. :/

Deadly Cyclone said:
Because of my German IP, I have to pay more. It costs $12,01 for me.

Havok said:

Woah. That really makes me to buy the Kindle version of Glasslands, read it, and spoil Dax.

Hypertrooper said:
It looks like you can't buy the kindle version yet, because Glasslands is going to be released officially at the end of November. Sorry. :/

Just, and i mean Just got an email from amazon.co.uk saying Glasslands out on october 28th.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27 Tawpgun said:
It wouldn't be a common thing.

If it gets enough support, is well made, and doesn't conflict with anything, why not? Levi would be the first and probably the only one unless someone can top him with something.

I've read the same arguments from Star Wars fans for a long time. Sets a bad precedent.

Nothing wrong with fans internalising it as part of their personal canon though.

Louis Wu

Karl2177 said:
The last frame with Jun running woud make a ballin' avatar. Great story and great artwork.
All yours, sir.

jun_running.jpg

ElzarTheBam said:
Just, and i mean Just got an email from amazon.co.uk saying Glasslands out on october 28th.
Which version? Hardcover or paperback? I suspected already in OT6, that the hardcover is imported by amazon eu maybe. Karen Traviss had replied to a tweet by Zeouterlimits, where she said that Glassland will be released on November 21 in the UK.

Zeouterlimits said:
Yup, my order was pushed back last week and now it has moved up.

The paperback is still 25/11.
Woah. WTF? My order hasn't moved up. :/

Havok said:

LOL. Excellent. Glad to see people enjoying it. 4 more hours until it's in my hands!

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:

Because of my German IP, I have to pay more. It costs $12,01 for me.

Woah. That really makes me to buy the Kindle version of Glasslands, read it, and spoil Dax.

Wow. I feel for you. It being 9.99 is the biggest reason I decided to pick it up even though I'm not a fan of her style. Liking the Halsey and SIII stuff so far.

Hypertrooper said:
Which version? Hardcover or paperback? I suspected already in OT6, that the hardcover is imported by amazon eu maybe. Karen Traviss had replied to a tweet by Zeouterlimits, where she said that Glassland will be released on November 21 in the UK.

Yeah, my order is now estimated to arrive on 31/10, rather than the 10/11.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Passing on CEA until i'm bored with gaming.

Played CE hundreds of times, feel like i've already done most achievables at least 10 times each [aside from skulls and terminals]

Also, changes to the cutscenes are bugging me. Cortana/3rd person ARs are ripped straight from halo 3, lol. MC freaking out in the hallway right before finding Jenkins... idk. I always found it 'cool' that MC kept his 'cool' when facing crazy ass struggles. The way they portray him almost pissing his pants makes him seem like less of a badass, as if he's not ready to take on whatever is lurking around the corner.

Ah well. I'll always love halo and i will eventually pick up the game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Slightly Live said:
Glasslands is mine. Fuck yeah Kindle.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/glkindle.jpg[IMG]

No waiting for delayed UK date for me.[/QUOTE]
Moby Dick is free too, read it!

dmg04 said:
Also, changes to the cutscenes are bugging me. Cortana/3rd person ARs are ripped straight from halo 3, lol. MC freaking out in the hallway right before finding Jenkins... idk. I always found it 'cool' that MC kept his 'cool' when facing crazy ass struggles. The way they portray him almost pissing his pants makes him seem like less of a badass, as if he's not ready to take on whatever is lurking around the corner.
Where does he piss himself in the pants?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hypertrooper said:
Where does he piss himself in the pants?
When he first walks up to the door, the 'creepy' flood noise comes up
his head goes up and i can just hear someone in that suit going OMG WTF OH SHIT I'M FUCKED with the way he reacts. It's not the MC i came to know and love, i can tell you that much ;)

Hypertrooper said:

sm4kfl.jpg

Yes, Thats right i have 1,879 unread messages

ElRenoRaven

dmg04 said:
his head goes up and i can just hear someone in that suit going OMG WTF OH SHIT I'M FUCKED with the way he reacts. It's not the MC i came to know and love, i can tell you that much ;)

It's true. Before he calmly turned around pointing the weapon. Now he does this kind of startled motion before turning around.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
dmg04 said:

I didn't think they changed any of this?

dmg04 said:
lol. Dude. You know he did the same in Halo: CE? He don't piss himself back there, he tries to find where the sound came from with the head movement. Really don't know, where you get that impression.

Donat said:
About that shotgun bug:
http://i.minus.com/ixB49cqbelKBv.jpg

Footage seems to be from yesterday (don't click if you don't want the previously unseen levels spoiled):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSA3mJqmNE

=/
Sure, that footage was released yesterday, but it certainly wasn't captured yesterday.

That said, I'm guessing it wasn't caught in time to be fixed for release, or at least was a result of running the CE engine in true widescreen and wasn't fixable in a reasonable timeframe. Considering the lack of theater mode in CEA I don't think many people will even notice.

*cue PsychoRaven bugging David about it again*

(If he had an answer he could give us, I'm sure he would. It's one thing to post a friendly reminder about a question, but another to keep nagging for an answer.)

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
Sure, that footage was released yesterday, but it certainly wasn't captured yesterday.

That said, I'm guessing it wasn't caught in time to be fixed for release, or at least was a result of running the CE engine in true widescreen and wasn't fixable in a reasonable timeframe. Considering the lack of theater mode in CEA I don't think many people will even notice.

(If he had an answer he could give us, I'm sure he would. It's one thing to post a friendly reminder about a question, but another to keep nagging for an answer.)

You know I could be an asshole too but I won't. I'll just say one last thing since it bothers you so fucking much.

So it's nagging now to simply re ask the question every so often when you notice him around? Well that's good to know. It's also good to know that when someone says they'll look into it, they really won't and that people will defend that instead of holding them to their word.

ncsuDuncan said:

Especially it is a b-roll with gameplay footages of the lastest BTS Video.

Louis Wu

PsychoRaven said:
You know I could be an asshole too but I won't. I'll just say one last thing since it bothers you so fucking much.

So it's nagging now to simply re ask the question every so often when you notice him around? Well that's good to know. It's also good to know that when someone says they'll look into it, they really won't and that people will defend that instead of holding them to their word.
Yeah, cause that's what he meant - that the 343 Defense Force will make sure that nobody pushes about stuff that seems broken.

(Sarcasm really doesn't help here. I think what Duncan was getting at was that the question's been asked, 343 KNOWS we want an answer, and if they had one, we'd hear about it. If it's really a dealbreaker for you, just don't buy the game Day 1 - wait until someone has a copy. If it's still an issue in the final product, and you can't live with that - don't buy it. The game's finished now; whether the bug is fixed now or not is not going to change between now and November 15.)

Louis Wu said:
Yeah, cause that's what he meant - that the 343 Defense Force will make sure that nobody pushes about stuff that seems broken.

(Sarcasm really doesn't help here. I think what Duncan was getting at was that the question's been asked, 343 KNOWS we want an answer, and if they had one, we'd hear about it. If it's really a dealbreaker for you, just don't buy the game Day 1 - wait until someone has a copy. If it's still an issue in the final product, and you can't live with that - don't buy it. The game's finished now; whether the bug is fixed now or not is not going to change between now and November 15.)

The Wu has spoken!

Wu, how many people do you think imagine you as Asian :p

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:

I've only asked 3 times over a couple of weeks. Now I know it's been asked by others too and discussed. I never said I wouldn't buy it over it. In fact I said if it's there ok no big deal. However it would be nice to know if it is or isn't. In fact I had no intention of bringing it up again till I was attacked for asking a couple of times.

To hear the way he put it you'd think I was asking every hour on the hour instead of the 3 times I've asked. Sure a couple of us have talked bout it a few times but I've only asked David 3 times and only when he's been around. So for that I get attacked and told that it's nagging to ask a question a couple times. That's why I'm pissed off at the moment and why even though I said I wouldn't be an asshole my reply probably was an asshole reply. My anger gets the best of me sometimes. I won't deny that.

Dax01 said:
I have the book! Class ended earlier than usual. Won't be able to read it until later though. :( Got class until 3:15.
Going to read it today too. WOOT! Not sure but I'm trying to finish it till the end of the week.

-----
Louis Wu said:

I think we should be grateful to have such an amazing relationship with 343i(and Bungie). They really don't have to answer our question etc.. And like you said, they know that some of us demand an answer to that bug. There is even important stuff going on in the studio, that a question has to wait. Otherwise I can't say how much I love the guys at 343i. <3.

Ramirez

PsychoRaven said:
I've only asked 3 times over a couple of weeks. Now I know it's been asked by others too and discussed. I never said I wouldn't buy it over it. In fact I said if it's there ok no big deal. However it would be nice to know if it is or isn't. In fact I had no intention of bringing it up again till I was attacked for asking a couple of times.

To hear the way he put it you'd think I was asking every hour on the hour instead of the 3 times I've asked. Sure a couple of us have talked bout it a few times but I've only asked David 3 times and only when he's been around. So for that I get attacked and told that it's nagging to ask a question a couple times. That's why I'm pissed off at the moment and why even though I said I wouldn't be an asshole my reply probably was an asshole reply. My anger gets the best of me sometimes. I won't deny that.

Quit getting so worked up over Duncan.

We have larger concerns than some stupid shit like shotgun clipping or the way Keyes looks. They completely ruined the shield bar!

Rr1UE.jpg

(surroundings censored to avoid spoilers of how the textures look)

They've taken their artistic licensing too far with what they've done to the shield bar and made it overstylized and completely bastardized the original style of it. Worst of all you can't even revert them back to the original when you go back to the old graphics. When I played Halo CE in 2001 one of the things I remember most was how cool that shield bar was, and now I'll never be able to enjoy CEA.

ElRenoRaven

Rickenslacker said:
We have larger concerns than some stupid shit like shotgun clipping or the way Keyes looks. They completely ruined the shield bar!

http://i.imgur.com/Rr1UE.jpg[img]

(surroundings censored to avoid spoilers of how the textures look)

They've taken their artistic licensing too far with what they've done to the shield bar and made it overstylized and completely bastardized the original style of it. Worst of all you can't even revert them back to the original when you go back to the old graphics. When I played Halo CE in 2001 one of the things I remember most was how cool that shield bar was, and now I'll never be able to enjoy CEA.[/QUOTE]

Totally ruined. Will not buy. lol :P

Ramirez said:
MC pisses himself now, AND the shotgun has clipping issues?

Preorder cancelled, sorry Frankie.
Don't forget about the weird new man-child that is Keyes, with no apparent sobriquet on his breast. I'll buy the game, but now I'll only play the old skool version. ;-)

Nutter

Though I understand the complaints, but to say you wont buy the game because of a something that small.. (only on GAF).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna head over to Powell's Motherfucking City of Books and pick up a copy of Glasslands after class. Looking forward to rampant hints + speculation times with you all. Is there an OT for it?

Donat

Neo Member
I just wanted to point out that the clipping bug is apparently still in because there were a few people who cared about it and now everyone assumes I will cancel my preorder. What have I done? :lol

I love everything else (except Keyes) I have seen about CEA! Really! =D

Sorry, Psycho. Wasn't really trying to attack you. Wu said what I wanted to get across in clearer terms: "343 KNOWS we want an answer, and if they had one, we'd hear about it."

I just found one or two of your posts to be a little nagging. To be fair, you weren't the only one asking about the shotgun.

Let's just go back to bugging David for a new Sparkast. Hypertrooper can help. ;)

Ramirez said:
Quit getting so worked up over Duncan.
I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Louis Wu said:
I still haven't gotten a haircut. Fixing that this week. I'm going as Marty McFly for Halloween and he didn't have curly hair.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Glasslands Spoiler (Major? Minor? I dunno yet!)

Last warning.

Spartan-Four program...

I feel like a kid in a sweety shop reading this.

Crucio

So I bought the Paperback version of Glasslands for now. Anyone got their hands on the Hardcover? Do you think its a good choice?

Top Bottom