• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Homeboyd

Who's gunna run customs/MM parties on Tues or is everyone hitting the campaign start to finish first?

Not sure what I'm going to yet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Hm. That's true. I guess considering it that way the loading screen is better. Would've been awesome without the menu.

What size do you need? Also, I'm not sure how good it's going to look, I don't know the resolution of your monitor but surely it's larger than 1280x720

And don't call me Shirley

GhaleonEB said:
Getting caught up now, and I'll update the OP with some notables shortly. Huge props to Microsoft and 343 for making the Anniversary map pack available same day as CEA. I didn't expect that. Nice way to broaden the players that will have the new maps right out the gates.
Well, Ghaleon, how about I update this OP and you update the Anniversary OP. :)

Karl2177

I have a Mac version, and I can get an XP version in a bit if anyone wants that. The only problem is I used free software, so it has a watermark of the program I used and it shows the original filename in the corner as well. Upload is a bit slow, so I'll let you know when it's done.

EDIT: I should also point out that it says the installer expires in 7 days. Whether this means the installed screensaver will no longer be valid in 7 days or it means I won't be able to distribute it in 7 days, I'm not sure.

EDIT2: Mac screensaver - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6CWWHOUL

OuterWorldVoice said:

It's a brave new world when you quit tickling balls

Homeboyd said:
Who's gunna run customs/MM parties on Tues or is everyone hitting the campaign start to finish first?

Not sure what I'm going to yet.

Going straight for the Legendary run on this one, doubt I'll do it in a day, will definately check out the maps on day one though.

Stealth: actually very pumped at the mere thought of ctf on beaver creek. First to three, no aa's, overshield... it's a fucking timeless map.

I was sitting in my apartment watching my roommates play MW3 and at one point remarked that one killstreak, the killer robot one, was annoying and overpowered. They made the following retorts:

One of them asked, "Well, what about in Halo when you unload a full clip into someone and they don't die? How is that not overpowered?"

The other one added, "And how you jump off from a very high distance and don't get harmed?"

I...couldn't respond. One of the dumbest false equivalences I've heard in awhile. But I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Retro

Dax01 said:
I...couldn't respond. One of the dumbest false equivalences I've heard in awhile.

"Yeah, when an enemy hits you in Mario, you don't die you just shrink. WTF, makes you harder to hit, why don't you just die when you get hit? Mario is so overpowered."

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
I was sitting in my apartment watching my roommates play MW3 and at one point remarked that one killstreak, the killer robot one, was annoying and overpowered. They made the following retorts:

One of them asked, "Well, what about in Halo when you unload a full clip into someone and they don't die? How is that not overpowered?"

The other one added, "And how you jump off from a very high distance and don't get harmed."

I...couldn't respond. One of the dumbest false equivalences I've heard in awhile. But I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Sounds about right to me. I remember back when in COD MW 1 hearing that same shit in the games.

FyreWulff

Know what I found out today? If you paypal someone in France, the receipt for them accepting the payment comes back to you in French.

Also, anyone need help finishing the dailies?

Homeboyd

That shit with the doublexp codes for buying mountain dew is such a brilliant marketing scheme. Think how many kids out there who hate the taste of mountain dew are buying it anyways for the sake of getting those codes... or at least deciding to buy it over another drink because of this reason.

We've all seen what people will do for 'ranks' in a video game and how much money they're willing to dole out for it. I can't comprehend it, but they get it... wish I could get in on some of that action.

FyreWulff

Homeboyd said:
That shit with the doublexp codes for buying mountain dew is such a brilliant marketing scheme. Think how many kids out there who hate the taste of mountain dew are buying it anyways for the sake of getting those codes... or at least deciding to buy it over another drink because of this reason.

We've all seen what people will do for 'ranks' in a video game and how much money they're willing to dole out for it. I can't comprehend it, but they get it... wish I could get in on some of that action.

I'll give you my next codes! <3

Nobody I know bought MW3 or plans to play it, but it's freaking game fuel. Not as great as the H3 version, but still pretty good. Kind of annoying that it's only in 12 packs.

Trasher

FyreWulff said:
I do

edit: question of my own: who wants MW3 doobleexp codes?
Me! Please. :)

wwm0nkey said:
congrats then, check your PMs
Wow. That's awesome of you.

MrBig said:
I've been playing it for the last few hours.
Makes me not even care the Ghal has CEA
I'm so pumped. Never played any of the other games (Elder Scrolls) before so I hope I'm in for a treat.

Speaking of Skyrim, I was reading in the Skyrim thread here that you shouldn't install it on your HD for 360. There's a glitch right now that apparently ruins the textures on your armor and whatnot. I really hope they fix that soon because I'd like to install it. =/

Trasher

FyreWulff said:
K, I'm buying two more 12s tomorrow so you and Homeboy got dibs on the codes (if that's what Homeboy meant by his post, anyway)
Haha thanks. I actually didn't know about that. I may have to pick up a pack of my own as well.

Homeboyd

FyreWulff said:
K, I'm buying two more 12s tomorrow so you and Homeboy got dibs on the codes (if that's what Homeboy meant by his post, anyway)
lol no I don't own MW3 and am in no need of codes..

I just thought it was a brilliant marketing scheme and wished I could get in on Dew sales because of this marketing strategy. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

FyreWulff

Well, Pepsi's generally had the better contests.

Coke insists on continuing with their poorly prized and executed Coke Rewards bullshit.

MrBig

Trasher said:
Speaking of Skyrim, I was reading in the Skyrim thread here that you shouldn't install it on your HD for 360. There's a glitch right now that apparently ruins the textures on your armor and whatnot. I really hope they fix that soon because I'd like to install it. =/
I'm not playing on 360 so I can't tell you for certain, but the glitch was reportedly not widespread and was patched out already.

FyreWulff said:
Well, Pepsi's generally had the better contests.

Coke insists on continuing with their poorly prized and executed Coke Rewards bullshit.

And Coke is delicious and Pepsi tastes awful.

So, you can't win em all I guess.

Ramirez

Homeboyd said:

Heathens.

I quit soda about 6 months ago, but MD was godly.

Tunavi said:
you talk shit about BF3 and now you're praising mw3...really?

60 fos fast as fuck action. Massive donging on noobs.

and to whoever talks about maps. maps are almost irrelevant on CoD. You just run around a bigass map donging on kids.

Striker

The Real Napsta said:
Why is it only 1 frag start in anniversary?

I guess it won't be that bad because of the piles of 4 nades but still...
If the grenade placements are the same as they were in CE/2 it's fine.

The only way that might be bad is if they do what Bungie did to Asylum and their lack of grenades (in relation to Sanctuary).

Striker said:
If the grenade placements are the same as they were in CE/2 it's fine.

The only way that might be bad is if they do what Bungie did to Asylum and their lack of grenades (in relation to Sanctuary).
From some vids the AR seemed more powerful, maybe Anniversary settings are 110% damage, not sure :/

FyreWulff

If they increased the damage then the reduced grenade starts would have to make sense. When I was making that Firefight gametype, starting with 4 grenades was an easy Killionaire..

Any idea if waypoint will realise the anniversary game types through their file share? I'll would love to grab them before they are officially available through the playlists!

Top Bottom