• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

PsychoRaven said:
Way to blow what I said out of proportion. Show me where the hell I said it sucked. Go and and fucking show me where I said it fucking sucked.
How dare you are insulting my mother on a public forum!

Joke aside. You compared the movie with Faith. And Faith teaser sucked imo. So I thought you shared the same opinion.

Umm how do I hook Astros up to my PC and Xbox at same time

Using an Optical Cable for Xbox hookup and thats working right now but I'd like to be able to play computer games with them too.

Preferably both connected at once but I can probably switch back n forth as long as I hook the cables up and swap them but what connection/cord do I use?

Man, I was remicising about Halo 2 today with my younger brother back when we used to play it, and we loved it despite all the bullshit.

Remember standbying? Remember when you was up by like 20 kills then you saw this screen:

2cxgmio.jpg

and you either lagged out the game or you already lost! "GAME OVER!" heated arguments in the carnage after-game section with dudes with robot voice masks.

Remember how easy it was to get spawn camped on Burial Grounds? It was better with a BR start, but in the beginning, with wussy ass single SMG, you were just fucked by rockets and snipers as soon as you spawned.

Remember on BTB Coagulation, it was a race to get to the top of the base to get the sniper? You ever had that one team-killing fucktard that would betray your team, take the sniper rifle, then totally suck ASS with it? And nobody EVER won Neutral Bomb unless one team was completely and utterly incompetent?

Remember how stupidly broken the Sword was? Dat range, that infinite ammo, that ability to switch to it even when you're carrying another weapon and use it before it even comes out of your hand? Who balanced dat shit!?

PsychoRaven said:
Way to blow what I said out of proportion. Show me where the hell I said it sucked. Go and and fucking show me where I said it sucked. Neither one sucked. Both were ok. But go ahead and put words in my mouth why don't you.

You know what. I am so goddamn sick and tired of people jumping on people because they have a different goddamn opinion from them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fxIIUnnDoYA#t=3s

English isn't Hypertrooper's first language, chill dawg.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Umm how do I hook Astros up to my PC and Xbox at same time

Using an Optical Cable for Xbox hookup and thats working right now but I'd like to be able to play computer games with them too.

Preferably both connected at once but I can probably switch back n forth as long as I hook the cables up and swap them but what connection/cord do I use?

Do you have an Astro Mixamp? And do you want voice on your pc or just audio?

I have my headset plugged into my mixamp and can use voice and sound for both PC and Xbox without having to flip a switch or move any wires. Pretty awesome.

Tashi0106 said:
Do you have an Astro Mixamp? And do you want voice on your pc or just audio?

I have my headset plugged into my mixamp and can use voice and sound for both PC and Xbox without having to flip a switch or move any wires. Pretty awesome.

Yea I have the wireless mixamp. Any chance you can do a diagram of the cords or something? Id like voice and sound on both but voice isnt completely neccesary on PC...

Tashi

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I have the wireless mixamp. Any chance you can do a diagram of the cords or something? Id like voice and sound on both but voice isnt completely neccesary on PC...

For PC sound plug in a 3.5mm cable from your PC (where you would normally plug in headphones) and into the MP3 port on the back of your mixamp. That should give you sound from your PC.

kylej

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Way to blow what I said out of proportion. Show me where the hell I said it sucked. Go and and fucking show me where I said it sucked. Neither one sucked. Both were ok. But go ahead and put words in my mouth why don't you.

You know what. I am so goddamn sick and tired of people jumping on people because they have a different goddamn opinion from them.

ZEcHy.gif

Tashi

xxjuicesxx said:
I have an Aux port on my mixamp I dont see anythning labeled MP3. This is weird.

It should be right next to your Optical port. On the back there's Power, PC Mic, MP3 and then Optical. Unless the Wireless one is different. But if that's the case then I don't know. Just have some music running on your pc and plug it in a bunch of different spots and see what works.

Trasher

Alright Skyrim Halo-GAF. What level are you all? I just hit 11 not too long ago. Game is wonderful so far. I can't put it down.

Although I feel like I'm incredibly lost atm...lol.

Ken

Trasher said:
Alright Skyrim Halo-GAF. What level are you all? I just hit 11 not too long ago. Game is wonderful so far. I can't put it down.

6 hours in and level 5. Spent too much time just exploring and avoiding the main quest.

GhaleonEB

Trasher said:

A couple hours in, and level 3. Looking at the perks, I've got some rough decisions to make for my sneaky archer. But holy crap at the sneak damage bonus perks - one causes 15x normal damage from sneak.

Fucking win.

Ken said:
6 hours in and level 5. Spent too much time just exploring and avoiding the main quest.
Same. I went straight in the mountains, opposite direction of the quest marker. I don't plan to touch the main quest for a month or so.

Tunavi said:
made me really want to play halo, great tage dude

edit laughing so hard at the slow motion smackdown at 7:45

Ha ha thanks bro. It's funny, in part two of the montage the 'editing' is markedly improved because I was literally learning how to use windows movie maker as I went along. Took me bloody ages lol.

Sai-kun said:
What is that music? I fucking love it. :lol

Opening is 'Doin it right' by AfroJack

Second song is gigi d'agostino's 'l'amour toujours'. 90's Techno cheese at its finest.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
A couple hours in, and level 3. Looking at the perks, I've got some rough decisions to make for my sneaky archer. But holy crap at the sneak damage bonus perks - one causes 15x normal damage from sneak.

Fucking win.

Same. I went straight in the mountains, opposite direction of the quest marker. I don't plan to touch the main quest for a month or so.
I was trying to do the main quest, but then I got sidetracked exploring and now I'm apparently way out of my league in the middle of nowhere lol.

I keep asking questions in the main Skyrim thread, but I keep getting ignored. That thread moves too fast I'm afraid. :( So I apologize in advance if I use this thread to ask questions and vent Skyrim's awesomeness since I know a handful of you here are playing it too.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
I actually recommend doing the first few bits of the main quest before wandering off - you get Skyrim's defining ability pretty quickly by doing so, at which point roaming free is even better.

Level 11 here, just took down a second dragon. Great stuff.

Havok said:
I actually recommend doing the first few bits of the main quest before wandering off - you get Skyrim's defining ability pretty quickly by doing so, at which point roaming free is even better.

I guess there is no way to play through the game without killing a dragon, right?

I've been watching Zalinkrow play Skyrim for the last while. So good.

The music everywhere is absolutely amazing. My viking/folk metal playlist is going have to wait a bit before it gets played :p

GhaleonEB

Trasher said:
I was trying to do the main quest, but then I got sidetracked exploring and now I'm apparently way out of my league in the middle of nowhere lol.

I keep asking questions in the main Skyrim thread, but I keep getting ignored. That thread moves too fast I'm afraid. :( So I apologize in advance if I use this thread to ask questions and vent Skyrim's awesomeness since I know a handful of you here are playing it too.
I would never do anything like that.

*coughdeusexcough*

Havok said:

I'd heard that, but I figure going without it for a while will make getting it that much sweeter. I'm in no rush with Skyrim. Right now I just wanna explore and shape my character a bit. I want to find some old lady and murder her in her sleep.

Karl2177

I can't stand watching my friends play games. They suck so bad. We were playing Reach and they had no situational awareness. We switch to mw3 and it somehow gets even worse. Then when they get a kill, they seem so happy. I wouldn't mind, but they don't have their own XBL accounts so I let them use mine. Here goes my k/d...

Kujo

ViewtifulJC said:
Remember on BTB Coagulation, it was a race to get to the top of the base to get the sniper? You ever had that one team-killing fucktard that would betray your team, take the sniper rifle, then totally suck ASS with it?
I remember this like it was yesterday.

Oh wait, it was yesterday, on BTB Hemorrhage, gg teammates

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:

Level 4 after 4 hours.

I'm a hideous one-red-eye-one-grey-eye Dark Elf sneaky fire mage. :p

Trasher

Domino Theory said:
Level 4 after 4 hours.

I'm a hideous one-red-eye-one-grey-eye Dark Elf sneaky fire mage. :p
Haha nice.

Currently level 15, and I'm having trouble beating this third dragon at Bonestrewn Crest. He won't land in order for me to beat the crap out of him!

Tashi

Trasher said:
Haha nice.

Currently level 15, and I'm having trouble beating this third dragon at Bonestrewn Crest. He won't land in order for me to beat the crap out of him!

Spartan Laser bro

Kuroyume

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted in here yet but impressions of Anniversary were posted in the other thread:

-sadly, the framerate is a bit of a problem. there is a constant annoying stutter, many people probably wont notice it. the game is not running at constant 30 fps, more like 25-28 fps. in some areas, the framerate drops even lower for a few moments. this also slightly (!) affects the gameplay, game (controls, aiming, pistol) does not feel 100% like the old halo i remember. framerate in the cutscenes is a real problem. really bad framedrops in the opening cutscene.

What is up with that? I recall CE having awful framerate issues but I figured that would be one of the things not making its way into the new game. How is it that this thing isn't running at a locked 30 fps at the least? Does it dip below 30 even in the old graphic mode?

Trasher

Kuroyume said:
Don't know if this has been posted in here yet but impressions of Anniversary were posted in the other thread:

What is up with that? I recall CE having awful framerate issues but I figured that would be one of the things not making its way into the new game. How is it that this thing isn't running at a locked 30 fps at the least? Does it dip below 30 even in the old graphic mode?
It's a spot-on remake, bro!

blamite

Rickenslacker said:
Dunno if I should post it here or in the OT but screw it.

Someone on 4chan's been playing Anniversary, took a screenshot of the new bulletin board in Pillar of Autumn. Those that are sensitive to the sanctity of their first playthrough of Anniversary should obviously avoid looking at it.
My god, that is way too awesome.
I'm not sure what the goose is a reference to, but everything else there is perfect. Especially the cat poster. But especially DPR.

Top Bottom