• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Anyone who goes into snipers as a party of three, deliberately votes for Hemorrhage (c itz just lik snipingg in real lifez, long distanke, dats whre i shine az a snipa) and then sits in memorised positions where the tiniest fraction of their model is showing but they can snipe full visor without impunity, and rotates these positions and enjoys it IS A FUCKING LOSER.

Just thought you all should know.

Also First game of the day

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=848299517&player=The Henery

All the opponents were playing solo too which means trueskill handpicked them individually to play the dog scrub to3 I was paired up with.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
I don't care how good anyone thinks a forge map is, if you're gonna put them in matchmaking put them in their own separate playlist. Just because you want community content and its forgers to be rewarded doesn't mean the rest of the community has to suffer. Please have a decent set of original maps (not from campaign either) in matchmaking, make everyone play Halo 2 constantly for inspiration. Pretend Reach doesn't exist. Thank you.
While I agree that they should concentrate on making good maps and focusing on Halo 2 as a "how to" for making good maps, if the new Forge does let us make maps from scratch and some of those maps are amazing then they should be put into normal MM.

Though a separate playlist to test out the maps would be nice.

stephen08

thee henery said:
Anyone who goes into snipers as a party of three, deliberately votes for Hemorrhage (c itz just lik snipingg in real lifez, long distanke, dats whre i shine az a snipa) and then sits in memorised positions where the tiniest fraction of their model is showing but they can snipe full visor without impunity, and rotates these positions and enjoys it IS A FUCKING LOSER.

Just thought you all should know.

Also First game of the day

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=848299517&player=The Henery

All the opponents were playing solo too which means trueskill handpicked them individually to play the dog scrub to3 I was paired up with.

Also added to this list are people who pick Countdown and then try to camp around with Shotgun and Sword.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is there a screen saver of the Halo Reach loading screen? You know, the Auntie Dot one that flashes around before you start a match. I want that.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Heck, even Far Cry has a pretty damn good console map editor. :p
Indeed. Forge World is the logical conclusion to Halo 3's Forge, and the next Halo needs to really step it up in terms of user creation. All new trilogy, all new editor.

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:
Holy shit. Did HaloGAF get the first new tidbit of information about Halo 4 in months?

Awesome.
Well we already knew Forge mode was in Halo 4 since Halo Fest. Also I have a feeling we might hear more Halo 4 stuff next month :D
(hopefully)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tashi0106 said:
Is there a screen saver of the Halo Reach loading screen? You know, the Auntie Dot one that flashes around before you start a match. I want that.

I've been asking Frankie for a screensaver of the Halo 3 loading screen for years. :p

stephen08 said:
Also added to this list are people who pick Countdown and then try to camp around with Shotgun and Sword.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32563501&postcount=4407

Game just played 50-11

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=848322746&player=The Henery

LOL.jpg

Taking bets on my next game being another wonderful round of everybody's favourite Halo classic Hemorrhage!

Letters said:
I don't care how good anyone thinks a forge map is, if you're gonna put them in matchmaking put them in their own separate playlist. Just because you want community content and its forgers to be rewarded doesn't mean the rest of the community has to suffer. Please have a decent set of original maps (not from campaign either) in matchmaking, make everyone play Halo 2 constantly for inspiration. Pretend Reach doesn't exist. Thank you.
Seconded. I feel like Forge excels at tweaking existing maps for different gametypes or to give them new styles of play or something. Making full maps out of Forge has historically been disastrous.

I did like it on a small scale though, Foundry is what I'd consider the best example of a Forge sandbox map. Primarily because with the pieces and the way the map looks, it ends up being far more natural and pleasing on the eyes than oddly lit mishmashes of gray blocks in the middle of the outdoors.

Tashi

Deadly Cyclone said:
I've been asking Frankie for a screensaver of the Halo 3 loading screen for years. :p

Oh that main one for the campaign right? With all the little particles and shit? Sooo sexy.

Havok said:
Smart move on knocking the LASOs down to dailies. Takes just a couple hours, not really worth a weekly slot.
I was just about to ask about whether this was a mistake or not. The payout is lower than the weeklies have been so far, so I guess it is indeed what you're saying. Not too shabby.

Can someone with a capture card record the actual Major's Minute? It's about Halo: CEA and won't be available here in Europe.(Or not in Germany)

Tashi

Hypertrooper said:
Can someone with a capture card record the actual Major's Minute? It's about Halo: CEA and won't be available here in Europe.(Or not in Germany)

Gimme a few minutes, I'll have it up for you

feel

I think someone from bungie promised they would release that amazing halo 3 campaign loading screen in screensaver form but it never happened. 343i please?

Tashi

Letters said:
I think someone from bungie promised they would release that amazing halo 3 campaign loading screen in screensaver form but it never happened. 343i please?

How do you make your own? I'm pretty sure I could capture that bitch in HD and then convert the video some how right?

feel

Tashi0106 said:
How do you make your own? I'm pretty sure I could capture that bitch in HD and then convert the video some how right?
that would be great if you managed to pull that off, I hope someone here can guide you on how to do it

drop pro career

go halo community legend

edit- ^ there we go

edit2- install the game so it's much longer

Tashi

Ok, I'm going to do it right now. Just give me some time. And I can't install it, I don't have enough room on my HDD. I actually have a larger HDD but I need to get that transfer cable.

Hyper, that video is processing. Sorry it's taking so long, the file size was over 2gb

Tashi

LOL how the fuck do I trigger a load screen? Do I have to beat a mission?

edit: lol I got to one but I was a little late and they're actually pretty short. I thought these things were pretty long

Nevermind, I got it

Tashi

Ugh, I used that software squid recommended and of course the trial version is dog shit. Before the screen save pops up a window comes up and says some shit like, "hey this is the trial version. Until you register the product, this dumb ass window will always come up. Sucks balls right?"

edit: Shit really? Sorry about that

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hypertrooper said:
Thanks.

It's painful to watch, because I'm seeing the sexy 343i hoodie the whole time. too painful. Btw Video and audio disaccorded in the middle.

A certain gaf-er got one of those yesterday. because of all the Halo Honor he had up inside him.

Tashi0106 said:
Nah. Still thank you for doing that so fast. :) Maybe HBO is going to have a video up. They had that OXM video interview with Davi... Kevin Grace online.

OuterWorldVoice said:
A certain gaf-er got one of those yesterday. because of all the Halo Honor he had up inside him.
sigh. *suicide*
I hope that means that you guys hired Ghal as 343i's official candy producer. :p

Tashi0106 said:
Ugh, I used that software squid recommended and of course the trial version is dog shit. Before the screen save pops up a window comes up and says some shit like, "hey this is the trial version. Until you register the product, this dumb ass window will always come up. Sucks balls right?"

trial versions can be a pain in the ass to deal with all the pop ups and what not. Makes me never want to buy their shit. Sorry.

Tashi

adl;sfkjgihas;dlfkjasdlfjasdl;fk this screen saver shit is making me crazy. I thought I had a solid way of doing it but no, I didn't. So, I'm going to share the video file here and see if anyone here can do it. Might as well have a bunch of people working on it rather than just me. It will probably get done quicker that way.

If there's a better way to share than megaupload, let me know. If you want a mpg or avi video file, let me know.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2B1IS2CQ

Top Bottom