• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

So, I was placing spawns on an Infection variant of Condemned. I go to place one up against the wall next to a window then

*BOOP*

I'm outside in space, alive and well. Of course the first thing I do before moving is spawn a two-way teleporter. Turns out that you can walk a fair amount around the roof of the space station. Also really easy to see the duplicate moons from up here.

FyreWulff said:
So, I was placing spawns on an Infection variant of Condemned. I go to place one up against the wall next to a window then

*BOOP*

I'm outside in space, alive and well. Of course the first thing I do before moving is spawn a two-way teleporter. Turns out that you can walk a fair amount around the roof of the space station. Also really easy to see the duplicate moons from up here.

Iv managed to get out in anoter area (turrent trick i think) and walk on a tiny sqaure of ground. Skyboxes in halo games are amazing. I had a huge collection of stuff i took from h3 and reach but it got lost with my HDD :(.

Retro

Random Halo 4 plot wankery (These things just come to me, I bet you wish they'd stop);

So, at the end of Grasslands,
Halsey is effectively thrown under the bus and has all of the gory details of the Spartan program laid at her feet. In the next part of the Trilogy, Halsey is charged with crimes against humanity and, despite a failed attempt at rescue from a few loyal Spartan IIs (Jun is still out there and was personally responsible for her safety on Reach), is executed in an attempt by ONI to bring closure to the dirty details of the Human-Covenant war.

In 2556, Cortana is keeping the ruins of Forward Until Dawn in orbit around the Unknown Planet to learn more about it's nature when the FTL Communication finally reaches this distant part of space. Already showing signs of Rampancy,
Halsey's execution
pushes her over the edge and in a rage causes the Forward to go critical and slip from orbit. Coming down from her initial destructive mood, she realizes she needs to get off the Dawn, down to the planet and back to Earth to bring those responsible to justice.

She decides to use Master Chief's armor as a lifeboat and rapidly brings him out of cryo, during which his armor was upgrading but had not yet completed several key components (thus explaining the missing pieces). The two escape the crash of the Forward and Cortana uses Chief to get through the Forerunner defenses and into the planetary computer systems.

Once there, she teleports John away (not having the heart to kill him outright), completely dominates the already timid Forerunner AI, and starts looking for a way off the planet. When John realizes what's happening (thanks to the submissive AI), Cortana sends an entire planet of Forerunner nasties after him. John is able to utilize UNSC weapons from various chunks of the Forward that have crashed across the planet's surface, as well as some Forerunner tech the AI helps him adapt.

Halo 4 concerns itself with these events and John's attempts to stop Cortana. At the end of the game, she loads herself onto a massive, hither-to unknown class of Forerunner Battleship and heads for Earth. The planet's AI helps John board a similar vessel and they set out to try and save Humanity from one of its key saviors.

Legendary Ending: Aboard the
USNC Infinity
, in orbit around earth, the Forerunner Battleship suddenly arrives and all hands rush to battle stations as Cortana's ship unleashes hell. Cut to abrupt black.

Derp

heckfu

Banned
FyreWulff said:

*BOOP*

Haha, your reaction is great!

Ken

wwm0nkey said:
Wondering what happens if all of the dolls are found

Playable doll model for multiplayer.

c86bf0b0.png

Scratch that I would remove Glacier from FF. Play it in customs if you want but the framerate is just too shitty to have the map presented in MM.

I don't think it will unlock anything. As Fyrewulff pointed out, there was a time when finding an easter egg was its own reward. Which is why I didn't watch that entire video.

I'm guessing:

- Early in CEA's development, 343 was experimenting with adding new armor to Reach. When they later decided it wasn't practical they came up with the hidden dolls.

OR

- 343 knew from the start that adding new armor wasn't going to happen, but they wanted a way to slyly show that they had the keys to Reach code and could make changes.

OR

- I have no idea what I'm talking about and a there really is new hidden armor in the 6 terabytes of .maps blah blah blah

wwm0nkey said:
For those with CEA early, check Beaver Creek and find that weird armor thing.

EDIT: Actually found a video, there seems to be one doll per map

Heh, too bad we wont get the Helmet, but im glad we get something from it. Wonder what other surprises are in CEA..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm gonna cancel my New Egg pre-order and just pick this up in-store. My pre-order is "on hold", and while I wasn't expecting release day delivery, "on hold" is just too ambiguous for me.

Ah well. The extra $10 will be worth it. :-D

Blinding

omg.kittens said:
I think I'm gonna cancel my New Egg pre-order and just pick this up in-store. My pre-order is "on hold", and while I wasn't expecting release day delivery, "on hold" is just too ambiguous for me.

Yeah, mine is too, so I'm trying to get in touch with them about it. Seems like it's an issue with everyone that pre-ordered from NewEgg. :l

FyreWulff

heckfu said:
Haha, your reaction is great!

Here's the premade map file

Outlinked

I placed sandbags/barries at the general boundry of the safe area up there. You can venture past them a bit, but you jump at your own risk (low kill ceiling past that point)

OuterWorldVoice said:
Anyone planning any customs for early delivered games? I am jonesing for some Hang Em High dingblaining.
Elzar will create a party at 10pm BST(2pm PST).

I have a code for the Anniversary MapPack. Don't know what I should do with it.

Clarification: I don't care if you offer me trade option. I'll get another copy next week. My copy. This one I'll give to my brother, who is broke and can't understand English. He doesn't need the code.

FyreWulff

Hypertrooper said:

If you give it to me I'll give mine away here when I get Anniversary on the 15th.

German codes probably don't work for US residents anyway.

Speaking of which, we should be finding out shortly if Gamestop is going to let us buy map pack codes for Anniversary. I don't even see a placeholder page though.

Hey You

Hypertrooper said:

Clarification: I don't care if you offer me trade option. I'll get another copy next week. My copy. This one I'll give to my brother, who is broke and can't understand English. He doesn't need the code.
Random/Giveaway contest?

Hypertrooper said:

Do want

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:

I will give you my code when I get the game if I can get that code early lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lead Based Paint said:
My Criminal Justice policy paper won't let me :(

1. are they poor? Lock Em up.
2. Are they a minority? Lock Em up.
3. Are they a cop? Suspend with pay.
4. Is it Lohan? Community service at a spa, followed by freedom.
5. Wall Street? can't lock up a corporation, it is not like a corporation is a person.

PNut

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
I want to hear reason. Why do you want to have the code?

The requirements should be that you have to have played Reach MM in the past 2 days. So you know that it will get used. :)

Hypertrooper said:

Edit.: Or do you want a competition?
My Halo Honor levels are far higher than most people, therefore I should get the code for great justice.

heckfu

Banned
Hypertrooper said:

Edit.: Or do you want a competition?

I'm your Portal battle bro. We completely dongblained those puzzles for days.

And you're 1/2 the reason I joined GAF.

Top Bottom