• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Zeouterlimits said:
Nein.

Reference to a Marty tweet where he implied MS mistreated the goose Bungie who laid the golden egg, Halo.
It's so strange to read German words on an American board.

lol at
DPR and the troll face at the left bottom corner.

Just got anniversary, played the first level, framerate is smooth, graphics execellent, will put in a more thorough write up on HBO.

Customs tonight at 10 pm BST, to those who have it early!

ElzarTheBam said:
Just got anniversary, played the first level, framerate is smooth, graphics execellent, will put in a more thorough write up on HBO.

Customs tonight at 10 pm BST, to those who have it early!
*Shakes fist*

I'm too busy waiting for legitimate means of obtaining this item :p

Hypertrooper said:
Kind of funny that I pre-ordered CEA about 3 times and today I bought the game today. lol.

That reminds me, it worth checking out tesco, apparently they have been selling them since yesterday!

Hypertrooper said:
I didn't know that 343i even improved the story of Halo: CE.
Guys, there's an Anniversary thread to talk about this stuff. Multiplayer discussion goes here (maps, I04). Campaign discussion goes in the Anniversary thread.

Keep it clean!

Dax01 said:
Guys, there's an Anniversary thread to talk about this stuff. Multiplayer discussion goes here (maps, I04). Campaign discussion goes in the Anniversary thread.

Keep it clean!
Dax. We are talking here about Skyrim, BF3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 and about more than just Reach multiplayer. And now you are saying keep it clean?

feel

noone so far actually got the halogaf easter egg xD
noobs

well done frankie!! (trollface on it is pretty much your signature)

Hypertrooper said:
Dax. We are talking here about Skyrim, BF3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 and about more than just Reach multiplayer. And now you are saying keep it clean?
Ghaleon and m0dus worked on that thread so we could have a place to talk about it. Don't let it go to waste.

There's some discussion going on in the Anniversary thread about having Hemorrhage in the Anniversary playlists...

I hope not. What a horrible map. Keep it out of Anniversary BTB. I've had enough of it.

Striker

Dax01 said:
There's some discussion going on in the Anniversary thread about having Hemorrhage in the Anniversary playlists...

I hope not. What a horrible map. Keep it out of Anniversary BTB. I've had enough of it.
Keep it clean.

Retro

I am, by my own admission, pretty fucking terrible at 'teh haloez'. The blaintrain was rolling pretty good for me last night though, with one brief stop in Everyoneelse-Fuckingquitville. So, for once, I'm going to toot my own still-not-very-good-but-trying horn;

The first one was on Sword Base, damn near all of them quit out after two or three deaths each of taking the "Piss-colored Lift" to the "Room of Stop Feeding It, You're Just Going to Die Again" while it was (as usual) locked down. Including it because I can't help but laugh that one of the player's gamertag is, in fact "B Kid". And because it's probably my first Perfection (I suck) and definitely my first Open Season (I definitely suck).

lfsk1.jpg

Second one, admittedly, wasn't that great, but at least I broke 20 kills on it (which is rare for me).

That last match was on Renova, I've never even played on it before. Dunno why it matched us up with such low ranks, but they'd obviously never seen anyone use Hologram before.

Rest of the night was Challenge hunting.

Edit: I need a new symbol, I doubt anyone can tell what it is. Halo 2's version was perfect, guess I'll need to find something new.

Retro

Letters said:
Pacman going Sūpā Saiya-jin

Yeah, pretty much. For whatever reason, the emblem editor in Halo 2 placed the 'shape' element over the 'symbol', so putting a Right Cleft over the Bullseye gave me this;
ilxifb.jpg

For whatever reason, that stopped working in Halo 3 and the Right Cleft was removed, so I had to make do with this Buzz-saw thing;
aolyr4.jpg

In Reach, the symbols are more compact; it looks alright online but on Bungie's site it looks like shit;
1zco18l.jpg

I know, minor bullshit but I always kind of thought it was clever. Never saw anybody else with that icon, but maybe there's a reason for that...

Striker said:
Midship can't hold a candle to the other great maps in Halo 3. So many classics.

Pit 4 Life. The MLG version in Reach just doesn't get me excited.

MrBig

Dear Frankie,

Please make an open universe Halo game. The fiction is there. The tech is there. Press the magical button and make it happen.

Sincerely,​
Transcended Skyrim Player​

Retro

MrBig said:
Dear Frankie,

Please make an open universe Halo game. The fiction is there. The tech is there. Press the magical button and make it happen.

Sincerely,​
Transcended Skyrim Player​

Like a month ago I suggested they make Halo 4 like ODST: A huge, eerie Forerunner world from which the missions branch off. Not saying "OMG, my idea, givz me credit", but... yeah, there's support for the idea. I also suggested they hide shitloads of Armory items to it so there's a reason to go back and explore for unlocks.

I also mention bringing back the ODST Silenced-SMG every time we have a starting weapon debate....

.... and yet I don't actually own ODST. Guess I can ask the wife to pick that up for me cheap.

Edit: Yep

Retro said:
Pit 4 Life. The MLG version in Reach just doesn't get me excited.
Honestly I enjoyed The Pit and Citadel more than Heretic/Midship (Citadel being the best 4v4 map ever I think). Not that Midship/Heretic was a bad map. I enjoyed both versions.

FyreWulff

Dax01 said:
Honestly I enjoyed The Pit and Citadel more than Heretic/Midship (Citadel being the best 4v4 map ever I think). Not that Midship/Heretic was a bad map. I enjoyed both versions.

Well, considering both versions were the same exact map, you're going to either like both of them or hate both of them. Heretic was even more of a port than the Anniversary maps.

Ken

Out of curiosity, how many people getting Anniversary on release day are also going to play the Anniversary playlist/go back to playing Reach MP?

I still have my Anniversary pre-order with the hopes that HaloGAF will start playing Reach MP again, but if the majority of people getting it have no plans to head back into matchmaking even with the new maps then I'll probably pick the game up later for the campaign. I know that the maps are also releasing on the marketplace on the same day, but I do want to play the campaign later.

FyreWulff

ViewtifulJC said:
Do people even play Halo 3 anymore? I bet the populations are terrible now

Hold around 50,000-70,000 population or so, basically a sixth or so of Reach's population that day.

Team Slayer and Social Slayer are fast for games but the search times are getting bad in the other ones. Definitely in bad need of a playlist update but after Halo 2 just went into drifting along mode, I don't have much hope that they'll come back and admit Halo 3's population has left for Reach and adjust the playlists to make the search times sane.

Ken said:
Out of curiosity, how many people getting Anniversary on release day are also going to play the Anniversary playlist/go back to playing Reach MP?

I still have my Anniversary pre-order with the hopes that HaloGAF will start playing Reach MP again, but if the majority of people getting it have no plans to head back into matchmaking even with the new maps then I'll probably pick the game up later for the campaign. I know that the maps are also releasing on the marketplace on the same day, but I do want to play the campaign later.

I really want to get back into Halo. I used to love the game, but Reach turned me off pretty quickly, me and all my friends quit. Shit maps, they sucked the life out of BTB, armor lock abuse, active camo is stupid, Bloom, and various other silly things. They seem to be fixing a lot of it with this TU and giving us 6 GOOD maps with this Anniversary update.

wwm0nkey said:
For those with CEA early, check Beaver Creek and find that weird armor thing.

EDIT: Actually found a video, there seems to be one doll per map

it's a doll? That's...kind of cool. I think.

in non-Halo news, I just got floor tickets for Radiohead. I am happy squid

Striker

FyreWulff said:
Well, considering both versions were the same exact map, you're going to either like both of them or hate both of them. Heretic was even more of a port than the Anniversary maps.
You didn't get the memo.

Lockout, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Zanzibar, those are poop compared to Citadel. Big, brown (see Foundry) poop.

Retro

wwm0nkey said:
For those with CEA early, check Beaver Creek and find that weird armor thing.

EDIT: Actually found a video, there seems to be one doll per map

smghnn.jpg

Wonder if this is how you unlock that Armor permutation.

Top Bottom