• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 Preview Thread

Werd

I'm still confused about the time because the W10 store has always said 7 PM EST on the 16th and the XBox store Midnight EST, would they really unlock at different times?

I seem to recall Gears of War 4 unlocking the evening before though.

Theorry

I'm still confused about the time because the W10 store has always said 7 PM EST on the 16th and the XBox store Midnight EST, would they really unlock at different times?

I seem to recall Gears of War 4 unlocking the evening before though.

Its gonna be 12 am EST. :)

EvB

Games have always unlocked at midnight in the region I purchased them from previously. I don't see why this would be different

Werd

Well double checking it now even my W10 store (which you'd think knows my time zone) says midnight so I guess that is correct and makes sense matching the announced XBox times, but I know it had previously said 7 PM for weeks I had seen it several times. Maybe that's when the first region goes live or something like that.

Oh well, was looking forward to not having to stay up to play some but at least I can watch the live stream thing.

ZeQrfLz.jpg

Did they push the release back a day? When I bought it the release date was 02/16/17 (tomorrow) but now they're saying it's 2/17/17

Edit: I looked at the Xbox store and here's this "Ultimate Edition includes early access to the full game on February 17, 2017"

But if you scroll to the bottom it still says the release date is 02/16/17. Did they silently push it back a day?

Ultimate edition releases on the 17th. Maybe 16th is when Amazon has it available and ready to ship?
No I bought directly from the Xbox Store also the Xbox store does say 02/16/17 at the bottom but 02/17/17 in the description. It's conflicting

No I bought directly from the Xbox Store also the Xbox store does say 02/16/17 at the bottom but 02/17/17 in the description. It's conflicting

For a long time the Windows 10 Store listed it as being released at 7:00 PM EST on February 16, 2017 but even with that I don't think anyone ever expected it to be playable before 12:01 AM February 17, 2017 (which is what the release date is now on the store page).

Grisby

Getting excited. Gamestop told me they'd have it in Friday so I've got all night set out for this.

Not an RTS guy at all, but the last one was so accessible and they smother on the Halo so good.

Fotos

Because it's available 2/17 officially but if you live, for example, in the west coast US, it comes out 2/16 at 9pm.

Hawk269

Pricing for Blitz Packs are outrageous. The fact that the game only comes with 1 Blitz Map and I know more coming, I just don't see how they can charge this much for cards....

$99.99 gets you 100 Blitz packs + 35 Free
$39.99 gets you 40 Blitz packs + 7 Free
$19.99 gets you 20 Blitz packs + 3 Free
$8.99 gets you 9 Blitz packs + 1 Free

Hawk269

Because it's available 2/17 officially but if you live, for example, in the west coast US, it comes out 2/16 at 9pm.

I heard rumors and of course cant remember where, but I thought I read they were going to unlock it shortly after tomorrows live stream. Anyone here the same?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pricing for Blitz Packs are outrageous. The fact that the game only comes with 1 Blitz Map and I know more coming, I just don't see how they can charge this much for cards....

It's incredibly dumb and Gears was even worse. But they keep doing it so it probably works lol.

I really hate that Microsoft is pushing this microtransactions in almost every of their games. It really gets annoying.

AYF 001

I really hate that Microsoft is pushing this microtransactions in almost every of their games. It really gets annoying.
Well as long as they keep balance-affecting purchases out of the "core" modes, I'll begrudgingly accept whales keeping AAA franchises afloat.

SOR5

Anyone gonna put up the review thread?

I aint too sure but heres a 9/10 that made it out early

https://fenixbazaar.com/2017/02/16/halo-wars-2-review/

Halo Wars 2 goes to great lengths to establish the spin-off franchise as a self-sustaining premiere Xbox brand. It’s not difficult to pinpoint what the standard console RTS lacks next to PC competitors, but Halo Wars 2 never really tries to be more than what it actually is. Creative Assembly has obviously contributed quite a lot here, helping 343 craft a deeply compelling and enjoyable console RTS, and a great story to compliment it.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

I can't say that I've ever been tempted to buy any, nor felt like I've suffered as a result of not buying those packs, tbh.

While that is generally true, I live on the east coast in the States and the store page said it was going to be released at 7:00 PM EST on Feb 16 up until a few days ago when it changed to Feb 17.

I heard rumors and of course cant remember where, but I thought I read they were going to unlock it shortly after tomorrows live stream. Anyone here the same?

When seeing the release date as 7:00 PM EST on Feb 16 I considered this since that seemingly coincides with the stream which I believe starts at 6:00 PM but in any case it will only be five hours later if not.

Top Bottom