• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Interested to see what kind of cryptic comments we get from the Halo 4 panel. Anything that can be interpreted to mean...ANYTHING. OH GOD FRANKIE COME ON

wwm0nkey

PooBone said:
Prolly won't get all the TU details til Sunday. Hope I'm wrong. That's when the CEA Multiplayer panel is.
Nope BS angel said we get the details and an updated release date today.

34tcnpg.png

Link to thread

Phonomezer said:
With Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 in 3D, Halo CE in 3D just might tip me over the edge and buy a 3D TV :p
Gears of War 3 is in 3D? :/

I really wish this whole 3D fad would stop. It doesn't add anything. Ugh.

Really excited about HaloFest.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Pardon my ignorance, I have been away from Reach MP for a bit, what is so exciting about the next TU?

Is this where they add Halo Classic playlists?

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:

Well I mean its an option so I personally think its fine. As long as it does not effect the game.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Pardon my ignorance, I have been away from Reach MP for a bit, what is so exciting about the next TU?

Is this where they add Halo Classic playlists?
Besides being the first Title Update they are removing bloom and adding back shield bleed through. These are playlist dependent of course so you can still play Reach the way it is if you want and they will be testing out parts of the TU in default playlists to see if the community wants them as permanent additions.

blamite

PooBone said:
Prolly won't get all the TU details til Sunday. Hope I'm wrong. That's when the CEA Multiplayer panel is.
As I said in the other thread, there are already Xboxes on the show floor running the TU. There's a general Anniversary panel today, so I'm betting there will be a general overview of changes, so people can know what's different before playing the game for themselves. The Sunday panel will probably be a more indepth/q and a type look at the more specific changes, and why they were made.

I may be wrong, though. This is just what makes the most sense to me. :p

Dax01 said:

This, at least as consumers we have a choice...for now.

wwm0nkey said:
Well I mean its an option so I personally think its fine. As long as it does not effect the game.

Besides being the first Title Update they are removing bloom and adding back shield bleed through. These are playlist dependent of course so you can still play Reach the way it is if you want and they will be testing out parts of the TU in default playlists to see if the community wants them as permanent additions.

Are they replacing bloom with recoil? Taking out bloom without doing anything else is going to make the DMR and needle rifle even more dominant than they already are- and yes, this is a bad thing, considering how accurate and easy to use they are.

wwm0nkey

Thagomizer said:
Are they replacing bloom with recoil? Taking out bloom without doing anything else is going to make the DMR and needle rifle even more dominant than they already are- and yes, this is a bad thing, considering how accurate and easy to use they are.
No, its going to be like the older Halo games which is not a bad thing. Also like I said these are playlist specific changes, these changes will all mostly be in the Classic playlist but can be tested in other playlists and brought over if there is enough demand for them.

Also no bloom = GOOD, makes it like the older Halo games.

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:
Nope BS angel said we get the details and an updated release date today.

9c6248cf744b15013c671081e7576043.png

Link to thread
Sweet, thanks monkey.

EDIT: Truly the only thing we don't really know about in the TU that I am hoping for is the return of classic weapons and traits. Although I'd be shocked if the pistol became a TSK headshot weapon. Maybe a 4-shot? Ala the BR in Halo 2?

Thagomizer said:
I'm sure they're aware of the danger, recommend wait-&-see how it works out.

wwm0nkey said:
Man that Forza Warthog video was awesome when they did the Daedalus story, really shows how awesome a vehicle the Warthog is.
Totally. I'd never heard that story before; it was awesome to hear it from Cortana.

wwm0nkey said:
No, its going to be like the older Halo games which is not a bad thing. Also like I said these are playlist specific changes, these changes will all mostly be in the Classic playlist but can be tested in other playlists and brought over if there is enough demand for them.

Also no bloom = GOOD, makes it like the older Halo games.

I don't like bloom either, but making the DMR into a laser-accurate death rifle by removing it and not adding anything to compensate- such as recoil or increasing shots to kill-isn't a good thing either. See Ghaleon's essay from a few weeks ago. Even though it's focused on campaign, I feel that a lot of his criticisms are valid in multiplayer as well.

Grisby

squidhands said:
Totally. I'd never heard that story before; it was awesome to hear it from Cortana.

Was that from the stream I take it? Just got up. Is that viewable now or going to be put on the Waypoint?

PooBone

Thagomizer said:
I don't like bloom either, but making the DMR into a laser-accurate death rifle by removing it and not adding anything to compensate- such as recoil or increasing shots to kill-isn't a good thing either. See Ghaleon's essay from a few weeks ago. Even though it's focused on campaign, I feel that a lot of his criticisms are valid in multiplayer as well.
All good points, but still..... we don't know half the picture. Let's just wait and see before we debate something that is probably completely moot.

Zeouterlimits said:
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned before, fiction molded for this reveal.
Ah, I see. I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to Halo lore outside of the games; I read The Fall of Reach and was unimpressed enough to not bother with anything else.

daedalius

So are they going to make the DMR have no bloom, but no longer be hitscan? like the BR from H3; where the bullets actually have travel time?

Wheres Ghaleon's essay?

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:
So are they going to make the DMR have no bloom, but no longer be hitscan? like the BR from H3; where the bullets actually have travel time?

Wheres Ghaleon's essay?
It has no bloom but thats about all we know from the Damnation video we saw.

PsychoRaven said:
Yea. The details and story they told for it were damn cool.
It can survive a crash into a frakking planet, but two shots from the Reach sniper rifle will blow it the hell up. :lol

Tawpgun

So Halo 4 features the 2554 Warthog. I guess this is an implied date where Halo 4 takes place.

However one other problem.... how is the newer model of Warthog with Chief? Unless we somehow get UNSC reinforcements in Halo 4... or we switch perspectives to human occupied space....

ElRenoRaven

squidhands said:
It can survive a crash into a frakking planet, but two shots from the Reach sniper rifle will blow it the hell up. :lol

Yea. The vehicles in Reach are a bit weak. I really hope the TU fixes that and also future games bring them back to the glory that is Halo and Halo 2 and hell even Halo 3.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27 Tawpgun said:
HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS SHIIIIIIT.

I want my body to be ready but there's no way it is.

Forward Unto Dawn has you covered. =)

I think HaloFest will outshine any of the previous E3 events in terms of news and announcements, so I thought a summary hub would be more than justified.

Should be the best place to catch the full run down on announcements, media and links from across the internet over the next few days. I'll ensure the page is up to date and it will be updated as soon as news breaks.

Would make a nice addition to the OP. =)

theb0xmIke

Neo Member
Frankie i'm from Australia and going to be watching all the live streams. I have been a Huge Halo Fan Since 2001 and i can't wait! I just wish you guys came down here more often.

My body is ready

Kuroyume

Banned
Thagomizer said:

Nothing wrong with it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
A27 Tawpgun said:
So Halo 4 features the 2554 Warthog. I guess this is an implied date where Halo 4 takes place.

However one other problem.... how is the newer model of Warthog with Chief? Unless we somehow get UNSC reinforcements in Halo 4... or we switch perspectives to human occupied space....

Does the ship Chief is on at the end of H3 have supplies? Could of had a warthog on board.

PooBone

Deadly Cyclone said:
Does the ship Chief is on at the end of H3 have supplies? Could of had a warthog on board.
I'd say yes, since we saw a warthog and a scorpion go flying out of the open bay door.

Top Bottom