• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Prisoner?!?!? My favorite Halo 1 map. YESSSSSSSS. I hope it works for Reach play.

*boooooiiiiinnnngggg*

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
No flood firefight... Disappointed.
ARMOR LOCK NERF
SWORD BLOCK REMOVAL (plz with nerfing of sprint and evade)
CONFIGURABLE BLOOM (this means its more than just an on off thing right?)
CE MAGNUM

GET GLAD.

Also get on Halo. Would be cool to have a bunch of us sitting on Halo watching the stream together.

blamite said:
We still have one multiplayer map to be revealed, right? The 4 listed above plus Hang 'em High, plus mystery map?

WHAT COULD IT BE?
I find it very interesting that the 343 version of Hang 'em High, of which we've seen a screenshot of, isn't playable, but Prisoner is. Really hoping for the last map to be something for the undeservedly deprived BTB (forged maps don't count, period).

Wait. Wait. Wait.
How Many shots to kill someone with the pistol.

Also lol my poor pictures. Lost amongst a sea of TU posts.

I am kind of sad that the embargo lifted before the panel:/

A27 Tawpgun said:
ARMOR LOCK NERF
SWORD BLOCK REMOVAL (plz with nerfing of sprint and evade)
CONFIGURABLE BLOOM (this means its more than just an on off thing right?)
CE MAGNUM

GET GLAD.

Also get on Halo. Would be cool to have a bunch of us sitting on Halo watching the stream together.

Heh reminds me of H2 days when I'd use it with xbox live friends as a private chat.

ZalinKrow

Sweet the thread is up, nice job with it :D So much hype right now, I don't think I could survive if I was actually there haha. I'm gonna be busy for the next few hours, can't wait to see how much catching up I'll have to do when I get back :p

Yager

Banned
The fact that I'm more hyped for the remake of a game that was launched 10 years ago says a lot about how the industry is nowadays. I'm just TOO excited about all this stuff. My god!

TommyT

Reckoner said:
Can someone explain me what do they mean with configurable bloom?
I would imagine it means you can change settings on the amount of bloom occurs when shooting. Can have normal Reach bloom, or less, probably to no bloom.

I can't even handle all of the awesome that's being announced.

Prisoner + Dammy + M6D = Unused Reach discs everywhere.

Also, Marines in Firefight? Do want.

Prisoner looks stunning, so glad they decided to remake that map. One concern - will the patches of snow prevent grenades bouncing? I really hope not.

thee henery said:
Prisoner looks stunning, so glad they decided to remake that map. One concern - will the patches of snow prevent grenades bouncing? I really hope not.

Hopefully the nade bouncing will be looked at carefully. Nades get caught on so much random stuff, even on non-forge world maps.

Natiko

Banned
Definitely liking the sounds of the changes to matchmaking with the TU. Hopefully it pans out as well as I'm hoping. Liking the map choices for the pack too, though I would have preferred some Halo 2 maps over some of the ones we're getting.

Syracuse022 said:
I can't even handle all of the awesome that's being announced.

Prisoner + Dammy + M6D = Unused Reach Discs everywhere.

Also, Marines in Firefight? Do want.

Considering you can use your Reach disc to play Priz and Dammy with the M6D, I doubt it.

ruxtpin

Banned
Um. I don't get to play much Halo, but what is the sword block thing that everyone is talking about and how is it being changed?

Farooq

Banned
Devolution said:
Hopefully the nade bouncing will be looked at carefully. Nades get caught on so much random stuff, even on non-forge world maps.

It's funny because I remember Bungie saying they added a smooth wall to all surfaces to prevent that from happening.

The behaviour of grenades in Reach are just too odd for my liking.

Farooq said:
It's funny because I remember Bungie saying they added a smooth wall to all surfaces to prevent that from happening.

The behaviour of grenades in Reach are just too odd for my liking.

They're especially terrible on Reflection. It's hard wood and yet the nades just stick to the floor.

Havok

ruxtpin said:
Um. I don't get to play much Halo, but what is the sword block thing that everyone is talking about and how is it being changed?
Perfectly timed melees will prevent a one-hit Sword kill, instead dropping your shields and giving you about half a second of more time. But it's not very consistent, and it doesn't really serve that much of a purpose, so it's out.

ruxtpin said:

If you time your melee correctly against the first lunge of a sword wielder, you will block its first slash regardless of what weapon you hold. That is being removed so only sword vs sword will clash.

Deadly Cyclone said:
This one? I recognize the tall guy in the back from PAX last year.

381874660.jpg
Nice. I was with Halo GAF last year too. Kind of bummed I'm missing PAX this year with Halo Fest and all.

LQX

Kind of surprised MS did not do a special edition of the 360 console with the game for the 10 year anniversary. Seemed like a no brainer.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
All they have to do is confirm that they changed the Stockpile achievements, so they can never be back in the playlist, but people can still 1400/1400 Reach!

wwm0nkey

Lyphen said:
All they have to do is confirm that they changed the Stockpile achievements, so they can never be back in the playlist, but people can still 1400/1400 Reach!
You can get those in custom games as long as the gametype you are playing on was made by bungie (go into MM get Stockpile, save gametype then get your achievement)

Top Bottom