• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

The Mammoth and Elephant are pretty different, size and function.

Neither one really suits the multiplayer in Halos. For a spin-off that features larger scale battles, perhaps.

The Elephant in Halo 3 was fun but not really useful or a good idea.
I though it was a good mechanic to have with objective modes like CTF on larger maps. Maybe a better system can be made, but mobile objectives are a nice twist on classic gametypes.

I saw this video a while back (in this very thread, I think) where some guy modded H2V to get a Scarab Assault mode going. Both teams had a (fully controllable!) Scarab, and the goal was to deposit a bomb in the other team's. Looked like a load of fun, and kind of what I think a Mammoth v. Mammoth game would play out like.

Fuchsdh

What does America-centric mean in a world with a united Earth? There is most definitely a Military-Industrial based, political superpower vibe to the UNSC, but since Bungie/343 is American company(s), the filter is a given.

In the games from all we've heard it doesn't sound like NA is actually all that important, actually. ONI is in Sydney, for example. I'm going to imagine the northern hemisphere still wields more influence but it seems a lot less focused on NA/Europe like our current world is.

Unikraken

Neo Member
Hey guys the Halo total conversion for Sins of a Solar Empire released today

liQkCLh.jpg

Here's the latest news post about it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-sins...e-prophets-rebellion-alpha-v05641820-released

And here is an imgur album of screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/bYkDG#0

Woorloog

Banned
Halo mods.... I'm still pissed off at MS for shutting down Halogen for Generals (not that i thought it might be good, just a matter of principle. Promote people's custom work, don't C&D them. That Square Enix and FF fan translation thing comes to mind...).
Wasn't never really interested in other Halo mods, i like the official ships.. and then i see mod team's versions of ships mentioned but not seen and i'm instantly turned off, or at least some model bothers me (or perhaps their fanon lore).

And as with many mods, i question many design decisions, you can very often tell a mod made by amateurs from professionally done game (or mod by highly experienced mod team). Typical pitfall with RTS mods are units for sake of having units, not because they have actual purpose, or units that overlap with other similar ones mostly because the team couldn't just choose between the models.

EDIT looking through that Sins mod's images, looks pretty good. Nothing that bothers me so far.
The only issue is that i don't have Sins.

I wonder with all of Breaking Benjamin's legal troubles if it will be a problem to get that song again?

What...?
If they change the song, i'll be very, very pissed off. The scene is one of the most memorable in Halo 2 for me.

In the games from all we've heard it doesn't sound like NA is actually all that important, actually. ONI is in Sydney, for example. I'm going to imagine the northern hemisphere still wields more influence but it seems a lot less focused on NA/Europe like our current world is.

That's what I tried to get at. The American voices/behaviors/etc are simply a product of the development team, not because it's a part of that universe (to a large degree anyway).

Cant wait for Halo 2 Anniversary to blow me away

I don't follow...

Booties

Banned
Yup it was so bad. Didn't they had white X's before the reds at one point?

They didn't really work if I remember. They also had them on the radar. Good luck using that 10 m radar wtih instant respawn in every game type.

Hard to believe they thought it was okay to release a Halo game without them in this day and age.

It really is. The whole instant respawn was insane too. Glad they learned that people don't want CoD in Halo.....I think.

Mistel

Banned
They didn't really work if I remember. They also had them on the radar. Good luck using that 10 m radar wtih instant respawn in every game type.
They didn't work at all as far as I'm aware. Not sure why they were not red other maybe that specialization that had red X's.

belushy

Banned
Now that Twitch allows for 60fps streams, anyone have any recommendations for 60fps capture cards?

EDIT:
Sadly, they don't allow 60fps streaming.

Isn't the Black Magic like the best capture card out right now? If you're using a desktop computer that might be the route you want to take.

Isn't the Black Magic like the best capture card out right now? If you're using a desktop computer that might be the route you want to take.
Heard about the Black Magic cards, but there are too many of them with little differences from what I looked into.
I have the Intensity shuttle. Will do 60.

Also, Twitch has allowed for 60fps for quite some time. Are you thinking Youtube?
I thought Twitch only allowed for 60FPS streams (everyone, viewers and streamers) in June.

How's the Shuttle? I see it here for $189, so I'm thinking of exchanging my Elgato for this if the quality is legit.

EDIT: Blehh, just found this one again (AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3). So many options! Maybe I'll just wait until TMCC and Smash drop since that's what I'll be using it for and

Heard about the Black Magic cards, but there are too many of them with little differences from what I looked into.

I thought Twitch only allowed for 60FPS streams (everyone, viewers and streamers) in June.

How's the Shuttle? I see it here for $189, so I'm thinking of exchanging my Elgato for this if the quality is legit.

EDIT: Blehh, just found this one again (AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3). So many options! Maybe I'll just wait until TMCC and Smash drop since that's what I'll be using it for and
Mine works great, but you have to have a mobo that supports it.

And I've watched 60fps twitch streams for well over a year now. TriHex has been doing them for a long time.

@ Storm, hennessy, or cognac in general is the nectar of the gods. If your pockets are deep try courvoisier or remy Martin. Drink it straight with a teaspoon of honey, no ice. It's too good.

All the lore talk just reminds me how little I know of anything outside the games. I'm happier that way.

Halo 5, no instant spawns please. Trashcan that shit with weapon despawning and jip please.

I can't believe we have to ask for this, but guest in ranked matches should be an obvious one.
no

Blackmagic Shuttles can't do 1080p60, only 1080i60/50 or 1080p30.
true, although it's technically not a hardware limitation. I believe there were some custom drivers someone made if you're brave. I've given up on BM actually releasing the final 1080p60 drivers themselves at this point, though.

FWIW, 720p60 might be all that's possible for many people's bandwidth, perhaps even 720p30. I only recently got my internet upgraded to the point where I can do 60fps streams even. #murca

And ya, that twitch update was the new player, 60fps streams aren't new. YouTube sure took its sweet time though.

FyreWulff

Bandwidth consumption alone makes 1080p60 not something I'm going to do even with hardware capable of doing it

ISP will be "the fuck you doing there, son"

Mistel

Banned
Just found out that one of my best friends (and coincidentally my ex-girlfriend) has ovarian cancer. Could use your thoughts and prayers guys.
That's horrible. I hope she gets better.
@ Storm, hennessy, or cognac in general is the nectar of the gods. If your pockets are deep try courvoisier or remy Martin. Drink it straight with a teaspoon of honey, no ice. It's too good.
Once I can I'll definitely try some thanks.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I've been paired with shit teams all day. Every one of them has been fucking incompetent.

Crap, this Big Team Battle is glitched. My Autosentry doesn't work and I'm stuck underneath something that I teleported under. lol wtf.

She said it "depends", but overall, it just breaks my heart. She's been through a lot of shit, and some of it was from me. She's one of the last people on the planet that deserves this. She's 17 years old, she's wayyyyy too young for this shit.

Ugh, yeah that really sucks. In a bit of a bad coincidence, today I found out my uncle – who's a very sweet, smart man – has Parkinson's Disease. I've been feeling depressed all day because of it. My mom, who's a nurse, says it's likely a result of the chemo therapy he went through for cancer he had some years back.

Ugh, yeah that really sucks. In a bit of a bad coincidence, today I found out my uncle – who's a very sweet, smart man – has Parkinson's Disease. I've been feeling depressed all day because of it. My mom, who's a nurse, says it's likely a result of the chemo therapy he went through for cancer he had some years back.

I'm sorry to hear that, this shit always happens to the nicest people. :(

Mix

Ian, we're all here for you and we have Haley in our thoughts. Keep her chin up and yours too.
Dax, I'm sorry to hear it. I had an uncle go through Parkinson's and it's tough, but it's not impossible. I have you and him with me too.

Mistel

Banned
I've been paired with shit teams all day. Every one of them has been fucking incompetent.
There's few competent team mates to be found with randoms. They're out there it's just luck of the draw getting another decent player with you.

But most of the time it's not too hard to carry a team unless they're really bad.

There's few competent team mates to be found with randoms. They're out there it's just luck of the draw getting another decent player with you.

But most of the time it's not too hard to carry a team unless they're really bad.
The difference having 1 player in your party is insane. Two competent players trump all the random amateurs found on halo 4 these days.

I don't think I could continually play a game where I'm going -20 every match.

Top Bottom