• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Booties

Banned
Yup. They owed him just over 38k in unpaid work and vacation time. Then they awarded him double that in damages. After all the fees, Bungie forked out about 100k.

Holy shit indeed. Wonder why they didn't or couldn't pay him before.

Bungie just spent $500MM on one game. This payout is a drop in the bucket. Just shows how fucked up their relationship with Marty became. Did we ever find out what really happened?

So, if ONI workers are called "spooks" and Locke is an ONI agent, uhhh...

Frankie? Dellis? Bravado? Bonbon Rosetta?

Nah, he's more like a Pinkerton.

Another shot

SsyDTBB.jpg

Nicce.

Where did this picture come from?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why does the black guy need brown armor? Even before we found out more info about Marlowe, I thought the brown-black with blue lighting was a wonky color combination. It looks almost Precursor-esque. Something like a muted scarlet would work pretty well to contrast him to the Chief. Like the color of the shirt he's wearing, actually.

It's bronze fool. I actually really like his non-combat uniform too. Which you will see soon.

Would like an original halo story were three humans accidentally stumbled upon a Halo after going through a portal they had uncovered (Stargate, aww shit) on their home planet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, whats the expectation of when we'll get this first look at halo 5 and/or its beta? we got almost nothing at e3. gamescon? magazine reveal? i had thought that MS/343 may not want to overshadow the MCC, but i could see them actually marketing both together since there should be a heavy overlap in fanbase and of course the beta tie-in to the MCC. thoughts?

Obscured

Actually, it just occurred to me--I really hope Locke is voiced by this guy in the game. I'd love that sort of continuity.

That would be great, I wasn't a fan of the disconnect between Forward unto Dawn's adult Lasky and game Lasky
(but it wasn't a huge deal. I wasn't mad, just disappointed).

belushy

Banned
so, whats the expectation of when we'll get this first look at halo 5 and/or its beta? we got almost nothing at e3. gamescon? magazine reveal? i had thought that MS/343 may not want to overshadow the MCC, but i could see them actually marketing both together since there should be a heavy overlap in fanbase and of course the beta tie-in to the MCC. thoughts?

I thought about this too. It really isn't all that long until H5 beta, so I expect we will see something. Not sure if it will be at any conference, though. Maybe a dedicated bulletin after MCC drops.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I thought about this too. It really isn't all that long until H5 beta, so I expect we will see something. Not sure if it will be at any conference, though. Maybe a dedicated bulletin after MCC drops.

theres not much time to generate hype (do they even need to generate hype for 5's beta?) between MCC launch and Halo 5 beta. Plus, i think they'll want to super charge MCC sales with the halo 5 beta, and to do that i think we'll have to get details of some sort, before MCC launch. who knows, should be soon-ish though.

Vico

They probably won't wait for MCC's release.
I'd say Gamescom will be the first look.

Nebula

Just picked up a 3DS and Pokemon X. Also managed to get brand new copy of Elder Scrolls Online for £17 with everything in it. Good day today.

Think my 360 may never see use again. Except for the Destiny beta.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I was out BR'ing David Ellis left, right and center today in H2 Anniversary.

Easiest game of my life.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was out BR'ing David Ellis left, right and center today in H2 Anniversary.

Easiest game of my life.

Nice try at spinning.

Exact quote from GAF's favorite community coordinator, "Ugh, you just out BR'd me."

Also, my sick strats carried our team on that other map.

EDIT: Moments after he uttered the above quote, he exclaimed, "Oh, I wasn't even using a BR." That's how shaken he was.

Nice try at spinning.

Exact quote from GAF's favorite community coordinator, "Ugh, you just out BR'd me."

Also, my sick strats carried our team on that other map.

EDIT: Moments after he uttered the above quote, he exclaimed, "Oh, I wasn't even using a BR." That's how shaken he was.

Sounds like a serious case of a scrub-tier player

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 4 DMR looks kind of terrible. EDIT though ignoring that, the prop looks nice. I wonder how much it weights, as much as the canonical DMR weight?
Reach DMR somehow manages to look much better.

Locke does look nice though. Well, "nice". He looks like a guy you don't mess with.

EDIT i wonder, are we getting a trailer soon or something? Seeing as we're starting to get these promo pics.

Woorloog

Banned
SDCC we're getting a teaser. I don't imagine we'll get a full trailer for a bit longer given post schedules.

Also, him running around with a DMR means he's not fighting the Flood, I presume...

I see.

Exploding rounds or some such. I'd imagine the UNSC has figured out anti-Flood rounds for their weapons. Just in-case.
Besides, "headshots" (Infection Form-shots is unwieldy) work well agains the Flood in Halo 2 and 3.

EDIT to me, the DMR looks a realistically sized weapon, especially considering it uses 7.62 NATO round, which is full-sized rifle round. It does have a tad long barrel for a bullpup but it is a marksman rifle so it makes sense.

I really hope Locke is interesting both in Nightfall and in game [and seems like the same character]. The 3 or 4 live action shots of him we have seen are great. Hoping FUD are right with their Flood hopes. My Flood boner is well known.
Really hope 343 can get it right this time.

In other news, much loved Halo 2 map Terminal is coming to next-gen (current-gen) sooner than you might think.

I always kinda assumed Mike Colter would also voice Locke, but it's possible he won't. I really hope he does though, he's got a great voice.

I wonder what branch of ONI he and his team is: Section 1, 3, or 0. 0/Internal Affairs would be cool to see.

So jazzed for this, Thursday can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom