• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Toxikk is a terrrrrrrrrible name. And I'm not a big fan of Quake style games. But the trailer and spirit of the game is really cool!

Omni

>First game of Halo 4 in probably a couple of weeks maybe
>Join in progress
>Team is getting spawn killed on Settler

Yeaaaah no.

Maps that have advantageous positions to fight over can be pretty fun to play on. The Ridge played like a decent BTB map IMO, granted people are aware of their surroundings and how to handle any given encounter.

Woorloog

Banned
If the DMR had 2x scope, the weapon would be fine.
3x scope goes into (semi-)power weapon territory really, if it is on a weapon as powerful as the DMR (the ODST pistol, with 4x scope wasn't a power weapon by any means since it has minimal damage).

The same applies to the Lightrifle.

ElRenoRaven

If the DMR had 2x scope, the weapon would be fine.
3x scope goes into (semi-)power weapon territory really, if it is on a weapon as powerful as the DMR (the ODST pistol, with 4x scope wasn't a power weapon by any means since it has minimal damage).

The same applies to the Lightrifle.

I actually agree. If the DMR had it's range lowered then it would be ok. It's problem comes from it's range. When you can go toe to toe with a sniper rifle while doing the damage it does then it's broken.

Blueblur1

I like the DMR's ability to be able to hit far off enemies; the BR just doesn't cut it in that regard, IMO. But I agree that it's too much of annoyance. Maybe the best course of action to bring it down a peg but to keep it in the sandbox would be to lower its rate of fire and maybe it's damage output?

Havoc2049

I actually agree. If the DMR had it's range lowered then it would be ok. It's problem comes from it's range. When you can go toe to toe with a sniper rifle while doing the damage it does then it's broken.

If the range was lowered though, then it would be useless and everyone would just use the BR. For a loadout/starting shoulder fired rifle, the DMR is king on large and mid sized maps, while the BR is king on smaller arena maps.

If the range was lowered though, then it would be useless and everyone would just use the BR. For a loadout/starting shoulder fired rifle, the DMR is king on large and mid sized maps, while the BR is king on smaller arena maps.

Why it should be useless? H4 Dmr is OP. It favors camping and crossmapping..It has no downsize and it's too easy to use..H4 Dmr has no place in Halo imo..

Light Rifle > Needle Rifle = H4 Magnum > Carbine > H4 Battle Rifle > CE Magnum >>>>>>>>>> every other precision starting weapon, DMR included

Worst 5 halo maps:

(worst) Vanilla Sandbox > Danger Canyon > everything in Reach and most of 4, ESPECIALLY Anchor 9 / Boardwalk > Wizard > Hang 'Em High (less worse)

At least Backwash was kind of interesting and imo Isolation's underrated. Wizar's too damn small and HEH is overrated as shit.

Omni

What was wrong with Anchor 9? I thought people liked that map. Zero-G section was iffy of course but I remember having fun when it came up

What was wrong with Anchor 9? I thought people liked that map. Zero-G section was iffy of course but I remember having fun when it came up

Thats one of my favorites DLC maps on Reach, loving running away on the rooms or keeping map control in the center area was so much fun for me. Lost of aerial assassinations

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thats one of my favorites DLC maps on Reach, loving running away on the rooms or keeping map control in the center area was so much fun for me. Lost of aerial assassinations

It sounds like you're talking about Condemned. Anchor 9 was the one in the first DLC pack with the section exposed to outer space.

It sounds like you're talking about Condemned. Anchor 9 was the one in the first DLC pack with the section exposed to outer space.

You are right, Anchor 9 was not that good, you can lure the enemy team and made them fight in close combat, the zero g corridor was also a death trap instead of a shortcut or escape path.

Fuchsdh

Light Rifle > Needle Rifle = H4 Magnum > Carbine > H4 Battle Rifle > CE Magnum >>>>>>>>>> every other precision starting weapon, DMR included

Worst 5 halo maps:

(worst) Vanilla Sandbox > Danger Canyon > everything in Reach and most of 4, ESPECIALLY Anchor 9 / Boardwalk > Wizard > Hang 'Em High (less worse)

At least Backwash was kind of interesting and imo Isolation's underrated. Wizar's too damn small and HEH is overrated as shit.

My issue with Isolation is it felt kind of hard to get to where I wanted to be. The underground areas being so segregated from each other felt unnecessary.

The Halo PC maps were overall just not good. They were mostly mindless BTB fun. Timberlands, especially, usually turned into a massive camp-and-slaughter affair with inbalanced teams.

Top Bottom