• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying, I think you are trying to say that the undersuit is not an undersuit and that the armor is part of it? If so that isn't true.

Well that layer (the colored one)is were the armor is attached in S-IV's armor like you said but it also protect the stomach and softareas like a second armor layer while S-IIIs and S-II armor was attached to the entire suit without that layer hence the space diaper.

Nutter

Woah, what's the point of being such an asshole?

This is what makes gaming communities seem so fucking awful. There's no point alienating more casual players by being such a dick. It only serves to make the community worse and discourages new players from interacting with the rest of the community.

In short, if you're going to be a dick you can fuck off.

Calling an idea stupid, is called being a jack-ass, and then responding to that is being called a dick?

You are free to interact with the community all you like, and i will continue to call something stupid as I see fit.

The DMR being 3x wouldn't have been so bad if the aim assist wasn't as high as it is/was. I know it's a power weapon, but take the CE or Halo 3 Snipers for example: 10x zoom, 1sk, some of the most difficult weapons to use in Halo. Shit, Snipers spawned as often as every 30 secs on some CE maps, yet you never hear people complaining about how OP they were.

Why is that?

Difficulty to master in a sandbox with other powerful weapons -- the CE/H3 Snipers had much less aim assist than H2/Reach/H4. Another classic example, the CE Magnum: 3sk balanced by its skill curve and faster, more powerful gameplay. In other games it's no different. The Markzka in Gears Judgment was a 3sk, so that weapon was balanced by its aim assist because otherwise it would have dominated the Lancer and Retro Lancer.

It's time for the BR to grow up to a 3sk, tight spread and put on maps as pickups. Spawn us with an AR/Magnum (4sk, functions like CE) and have DMR's around for larger maps as a 3x zoom, on the outskirts (ie: cliffsides on Blood Gulch). Carbine could have a slowdown effect to make it more useful (balanced by its limited range compared to the other rifles) and the Light Rifle can be a power weapon because all Forerunner weapons should be unstoppable and difficult to use.
You guys are confusing a broken weapon with broken aim assist.

The DMR doesn't work because the aim assist is too high, not because the mechanics of the weapon. There's nothing wrong with a weapon being able to cross-map and kill rapidly, the problem arises when it's too easy to do so. The BR is "broken" in the same way due to the aim assist; it's too easy to 4 shot someone.

Neither weapon is mechanically broken, but the excessive aim assits make them broken. The problem is not that the DMR has good range and shoots straight, the problem is that the game has way too much aim assist.
Almost time.
The colored armor attaches to the bodysuit.
I always thought this art work for CEA nailed the body suit.
HCEA_1600x1200.jpg

It looks like the right combination of earthly material and scifi as well as flexible but protective.
I'm also a fan of the gloves looking leathery, Reach did that too.
Also I really wish they would change the waist armor, Reach had the perfect design that got rid of the space diaper but still armored that area.
Loved the CEA armor.

xI0QD5o.jpg

Was practicing in Photoshop and made this. I thought it was decent enough to share, although I'm not sure if I got the head proportioned correctly and I made it a little too dark around the edges.

jem0208

Calling an idea stupid, is called being a jack-ass, and then responding to that is being called a dick?

You are free to interact with the community all you like, and i will continue to call something stupid as I see fit.
It's not the fact that you called his idea stupid, it's the manner in which you did. The way you disregarded his opinions and the opinions of any others who play Halo 4. The way you decided you can be an asshole because you had deemed him a scrub or a casual.

This sort of attitude closes communities to new players, it prevents outsiders from joining in. We were all new to Halo at one time. There's no point being a dick to casuals as it serves nothing but to hurt the community and make yourself look like an asshole.

Anyway, I'm going to stop discussing this as it isn't exactly relevant to Halo.

(I'm not trying to fight poodles battles for him by the way. It just pisses me off when someone uses the fact that a player is a casual as a free pass to being a dick.)

Nirvana

This is what made people hate the competitive community in the first place. People may be looking for different things in games (whether they're casual players or competitive) but that doesn't mean their opinions aren't valid; and even if they aren't valid, there are more intelligent ways to make your argument than calling people 'scrubs', which makes you sound like an elitist moron.

Bring back de-scope.

Also this.

I really hope they add blood splatters to your HUD when you take significant damage in Halo 5. Destiny does it and it, along with ADS, don't feel out of place at all. It just seems like a natural extension of visceral emergent gameplay. Gravitas. People should really embrace all of the innovation Call of Duty is bringing to the shooter table.

Woorloog

Banned
Some kind of indicator that your health (not shield) is low would be nice but no red stuff on screen. Seriously. That's just fucking distracting and annoying.
How about a health meter?
EDIT technically all Halos but Halo CE , ODST and Reach have regenerating health too but there is no indicator for it.

willow ve

This is what made people hate the competitive community in the first place. People may be looking for different things in games (whether they're casual players or competitive) but that doesn't mean their opinions aren't valid; and even if they aren't valid, there are more intelligent ways to make your argument than calling people 'scrubs', which makes you sound like an elitist moron.
Agree. We should get back to our roots and just call everyone a BK.

I really hope they add blood splatters to your HUD when you take significant damage in Halo 5. Destiny does it and it, along with ADS, don't feel out of place at all. It just seems like a natural extension of visceral emergent gameplay. Gravitas. People should really embrace all of the innovation Call of Duty is bringing to the shooter table.

I hate Kool-aid vision so much.

Omni

When are we expecting to hear more H:MC news? I really wanna see what's going on with the H2:Anniversary maps

I thought the panel the other day was gonna be significant but we all know how that turned out

When are we expecting to hear more H:MC news? I really wanna see what's going on with the H2:Anniversary maps

I thought the panel the other day was gonna be significant but we all know how that turned out

Gamescom(August 12-17) and PAX(August 29-September 1). Also if their plans are anything like Halo CEA then they might start releasing ViDocs around the end of the month.

I hate Kool-aid vision so much.

Now I want a Kool-Aid Man stealth-brawler FPS where you start out in the suburbs and work your way into a major city sneaking through yards and rooftops before progressively maneuvering along the city skyline setting up "heists" where you bust through a wall / window / etc. of choice to beat the shit out of whatever people are inside. It's basically Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay meets Mirror's Edge, except you're fighting Yakuza.

FyreWulff

Goodluck dude, it can get pretty addictive if your any the little bit competitive.

Had to stop for now.

Ran into a bug I haven't triggered before - I killed the Elite at the button at the end of Winter Contingency, ran past.. and got stuck behind an invisible wall. Had to wait for Jorge to kill the sword elite.

The risk when you futz around with loading triggers

Now I want a Kool-Aid Man stealth-brawler FPS where you start out in the suburbs and work your way into a major city sneaking through yards and rooftops before progressively maneuvering along the city skyline setting up "heists" where you bust through a wall / window / etc. of choice to beat the shit out of whatever people are inside. It's basically Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay meets Mirror's Edge, except you're fighting Yakuza.

Have it made by Sega so we can have characters from Yakuza show up in it and I'll buy it.

m23

I wonder if they'll have MCC playable at FanExpo Toronto this year. Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are confirmed to be playable there. Previous years have had Halo Reach and Halo 4 playable before release as well.

"[In Halo: Reach] I wanted to race Shade Turrets."

Perfect.

I never understood why the Covenant never rigged up a bulky, Chopper-esque recon vehicle that was essentially the Reach-era Shade turret without the base. It'd just be a wheel-ball thing you drove around while you shot the turrets.

I never understood why the Covenant never rigged up a bulky, Chopper-esque recon vehicle that was essentially the Reach-era Shade turret without the base. It'd just be a wheel-ball thing you drove around while you shot the turrets.

Sounds like a re-skinned chopper. Or halfway between that and this guy:

SpectreH2.png

Side note: Hope that guy gets remastered into MCC.

m23

Had a small LAN party yesterday with Halo CE and Halo 3. Hype is off the charts for MCC right now, I also need to practice a bit.

Kibbles

For the press briefing at gamescom They should have a big all encompassing trailer (in 60fps too) that shows of all the games and allow the multiplayers. Then MP gameplay on the show floor or something.

Booties

Banned
xI0QD5o.jpg

Was practicing in Photoshop and made this. I thought it was decent enough to share, although I'm not sure if I got the head proportioned correctly and I made it a little too dark around the edges.

Wow.

You might want to try a different headshot, and background. This doesn't look natural at all. Just a blurry weird smear. GG though.

Nowise10

Had to stop for now.

Ran into a bug I haven't triggered before - I killed the Elite at the button at the end of Winter Contingency, ran past.. and got stuck behind an invisible wall. Had to wait for Jorge to kill the sword elite.

The risk when you futz around with loading triggers

Ye when you skip a specific zone on Winter Contingency, in side the satellite station their are two parts where invisible walls can get you stuck. One at the wall behind the first Zealot with the concussion rifle, and then at the end where you hit the button.

Nowise10

That would be interesting. I wonder if they do anything with the cut revenant model from 4:

Its clear as day that isn't a Revenant, no matter what the game file has it labeled. I honestly bet that is likely what the Spectre would look like in Halo 2 Anniversary if its on any maps.

Mistel

Banned
Its clear as day that isn't a Revenant, no matter what the game file has it labeled. I honestly bet that is likely what the Spectre would look like in Halo 2 Anniversary if its on any maps.
It's very shark nosed design I think. This shows that is pretty much plays like a Spectre instead of a Revenant.

Watched GOTG twice, Gaf. So good.

I hope agent locke is like MC but a Star Lord version of him.

Huh.....space douchebag? you want another Palmer ?

EDIT: Addiing up, his personality never matured in the comics maybe on purpose to not fall into madness about mass genocides and always taking part in most of Marvel's cosmic events

Top Bottom