• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

wwm0nkey

So that new Halo comic switched Kelly and Linda's role. Might seem like a weird thing to get upset about but come on, is there no checks done on this before it goes out or did Kelly somehow start out snipping Linda?

Pennybags

So that new Halo comic switched Kelly and Linda's role. Might seem like a weird thing to get upset about but come on, is there no checks done on this before it goes out or did Kelly somehow start out snipping Linda?

It's an error according to the Catalog account.

Mistel

Banned
No checking apparently as they even spelled Frederic's name wrong in the panel your talking about. It's confirmed to be any error anyway.

Doubt it. He looks like a serious, no nonsense kind of guy.
I was jk about it all.

Also, that Bonnie Halo 3 Anni tease...
PM: Another omission that seems peculiar is that Halo 3 is not getting the graphical update that the previous games got and are getting.

BR: Well it is the 10-year anniversary for Halo 2. Who knows what will happen in the future? (laughs).

And about Halo 5 lore:
PM: One more question. Halo 4 depended heavily on the novels series of The Forerunner Trilogy and other extended media. Entire events and motivations were alluded to in Halo 4 but never truly explained unless you did the homework. Is that something you plan on continuing with Halo 5: Guardians?

BR: Halo 4, being our first studio-developed game, had some things that we were trying out and experimenting with. Some of them hit and some of them didn’t. With Halo 5: Guardians, we are going to make a more mindful effort to make sure that Halo 5 will be its own standalone story with the extra stuff being recommended but certainly not required of the player.

http://parade.condenast.com/324159/camayak/bonnie-ross-halo-master-chief-collection/

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Oh man, this racing! LOL! Has anyone played the racetrack in space yet? That's some crazy shit!

Woorloog

Banned
343i seems to be willing to learn from their mistakes. That is good, and i think it is also a rare thing in people and teams.
Respect for that. Now prove it, actions mean more after all. And don't make the mistake of detaching the game from other things too much.

Madness

Of course a white Xbone is announced 2 weeks after I buy mine. Should have waited. Dammit!

Ntkrnl already leaked it would be out this year around this time. Besides, it's the reason I haven't bought an Xbox One myself. I knew there would be a white one, some kind of larger HDD or an MCC Bundle.

Mistel

Banned
Huh.....space douchebag? you want another Palmer ?

EDIT: Addiing up, his personality never matured in the comics maybe on purpose to not fall into madness about mass genocides and always taking part in most of Marvel's cosmic events
If taking inspiration from Marvel why not Operation Firepower:
Operation_Firepower_(Earth-1610).jpg

MJOLNIR stylings plus stolen Iron man technology what is not to love?

Has there been any mention of LAN features for MCC? I'd be very sad if it was online only. They spoke of people taking their console to a friend's as if no one does it anymore. That's simply not true.

Has there been any mention of LAN features for MCC? I'd be very sad if it was online only. They spoke of people taking their console to a friend's as if no one does it anymore. That's simply not true.

So far they have said they're goal is to include system link but it is not confirmed as yet.

They're aiming for it, but apparently it may or may not be possible for whatever reason.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If LAN isn't in then I will cry.

Do you want me to cry, Frankie?

Holy shit, LAN isn't confirmed yet? Wowwwwww

That's like the entire point of Halo MP

I would imagine retooling the netcode for each game to work with X1 dedicated servers has something to do with it. I'd love a Waypoint tech interview or article write up about this specific process. I find that stuff fascinating.

IHaveIce

Banned
They're aiming for it, but apparently it may or may not be possible for whatever reason.
The reason is because the whole Xbox One doesn't have the lan and system link functionallity anymore I think., yeah stupid what?

MS needs to bring this with an OS update, if not we won't have lan and without probably no tournaments

Nowise10

The reason is because the whole Xbox One doesn't have the lan and system link functionallity anymore I think., yeah stupid what?

MS needs to bring this with an OS update, if not we won't have lan and without probably no tournaments

I thought CoD:Ghost has system link though?

Kibbles

Sundance to burn all 1024 copies of MCC.

Are there any Xbox One games that do LAN? Halo not having LAN would be absurd, unless it is a limitation of the current Xbox OS, which would be even more absurd.

Madness

I don't know. On the one hand, Halo needs LAN/System Link, on the other hand, Halo 5 beta out later this year for almost a month, and then Halo 5 launch 10 months later. I'm pretty sure any focus on tournaments will clearly be for Halo 5 rather than the older games.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't know. On the one hand, Halo needs LAN/System Link, on the other hand, Halo 5 beta out later this year for almost a month, and then Halo 5 launch 10 months later. I'm pretty sure any focus on tournaments will clearly be for Halo 5 rather than the older games.
But Halo 5 will probably not as good as the older titles soooo.

Top Bottom