• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't mind the Master Chief Collection cover. I'd hope that Halo 5 switches to something a little more minimalist in contrast to how detailed Halo 4's was, though.

Halo 4's cover was pretty nice if i recall correctly. Have the limited edition so i've never looked at really closely (I don't like the Halo 4 LE, even though i'm often fine with minimalism).
And the GOTY cover was pretty good as well... IIRC.
In any case, both are better than Reach's and ODST's covers, though i admit ODST's cover isn't bad, just not something i like really.

And... fuck. Man. I remember that Reach preliminary cover art. It was great looking. Too bad the final cover is so terrible.

Halo 4's cover was pretty nice if i recall correctly. Have the limited edition so i've never looked at really closely (I don't like the Halo 4 LE, even though i'm often fine with minimalism).
And the GOTY cover was pretty good as well... IIRC.
In any case, both are better than Reach's and ODST's covers, though i admit ODST's cover isn't bad, just not something i like really.

And... fuck. Man. I remember that Reach preliminary cover art. It was great looking. Too bad the final cover is so terrible.

w0mlwP0.jpg

Mistel

Banned
What would be good then?

I cannot recall a cover art i really liked since Mass Effect 1's cover.
I've always like things with a bit of action on the cover so I find Mass Effect 1's cover to be dull and boring. Something like the Monster Hunter Tri's cover art:
201109081049094166duc6.jpg

Is much more appealing.

OT, but the audio for the Avengers Age of Ultron teaser from comic con released. http://youtu.be/yIfaNRMIFO0

The things Ultron says in addition to the twisted take on the Pinocchio "I've got strings" song make me think Ultron's going to be one demonic villain in Avengers 2.

Technically after ultron went berserker the avengers never ever catch him up since he always moves his mind to another body. Outside that he is less than a menace but a pain in the ass to deal with him.

Just saw this over in the MCC thread:

halomjolnir.jpg

EDIT: I'm new here, so please excuse my previous naivete, but I'm never believing a thing Frankie says ever again :p

EDIT2, ELECTIC BOOGALOO: This has to come Stateside... right? I mean, there's no way it's actually a UK exclusive.

Dub117

halomjolnir.jpg

EDIT: I'm new here, so please excuse my previous naivete, but I'm never believing a thing Frankie says ever again :p

EDIT2, ELECTIC BOOGALOO: This has to come Stateside... right? I mean, there's no way it's actually a UK exclusive.
The other edition is UK exclusive supposedly too. Damn. I want. I need. Hopefully some word gets out soon about this for the US.

Omni

From a marketing perspective it would be stupid to put one of the older designs front and center.
Who said they should use one of the older designs? It's a collection. I was thinking more in terms of this

They should gone for the style used in Star Wars posters:
A Halo in the background. Spaceships, UNSC Frigates, Cruisers and Longswords flying on one side, Covie ships in some other place. Characters: The Chief, Cortana, the Arbiter, Prophets, others?
Or even dividing the cover into four vertical parts. First section would have art from Halo CEA. Like the PoA approaching Halo.

Second section would represent Halo 2. So perhaps something to do with High Charity and the Arbiter. Halo 3 could have the Ark. And 4 could have Requiem... Kinda like those posters now that I think of it.

I dunno. Seems like there's a lot of potential to come up with something really cool and yet we're getting something rather boring

halomjolnir.jpg

The booklet is part of a preorder in the states and the statue is a standalone product that you can buy. The only thing special here is the steel book case.

Omni

It's called " The Master Chief Collection" not "The Halo Collection".
:lol

Okay. I see what you're saying.

But, I don't particularly believe that having pictures of Master Chief on the box is any different than having different art from each of the games on the box. I mean do most people see this as the original trilogy coming to the Xbone, or just Master Chief's adventures? Does such a distinction even exist? Does it even matter? I wouldn't think so

But /shrugs. I'm babbling. This is a discussion that isn't going to go anywhere haha

halomjolnir.jpg

Shame it's the Halo 4 Chief and not the classic Halo 1-3 version.

Dub117

The Halo 4 armor is good but it just isn't God tier like the classic look.
I like both equally, and I see H4 as 343 bringing it in for their studio. I'm sure we will see MKVII chief soon anyway. The braille was a badass touch for H4. I know I'm the minority, it's just the way I feel.

Nowise10

I don't think anyone can deny Halo:Reach was the best campaign gameplay-wise and replayability wise. Although Halo 3 is really close too.

Except the end of The Package, in the caves. That shit is not fun.

Madness

So they're basically lying when they answer questions now? They clearly denied any sort of collectors or limited editions during the Comic-Con Q&A, so where did this limited edition steelbook, art book come from? Or is this MS marketing deciding and 343 didn't know?

I don't think anyone can deny Halo:Reach was the best campaign gameplay-wise and replayability wise. Although Halo 3 is really close too.

I can - Halo Reach was easily my least favorite or tied for least favorite. Combat Evolved has never been challenged to this point.

Omni

I'm denying it. It was boring and a complete let down. Tip of the Spear was just shameful. As was Winter Contingency

H3>Reach in both of those categories. Though admittedly the mission with the Sabre was easily up there with the best missions in the series, IMO.

darthbob

The framerate in that section kills it for me, plus I don't like the bleak aesthetic of the level either but I suppose that was to be expected given what's going on in that level.

That being said, my main gripe with Reach is just how...rushed it all felt (dev wise). idk, it's just nearly all of the MP maps were lifted from Campaign levels and then one Campaign level is just a retread of a previous Campaign level.

Reusing assets is fine and all, but there comes a point.

JDHarbs

Reach's campaign just never hit the peaks that Halo 3's did for me. The Ark and Covenant missions are the pinnacle of the series in my book and the entire time I was playing Reach I kept waiting and waiting for it to give me something like that, but it just never did. Everything just felt like a refined version of a mission from previous games. It didn't do anything bad, but didn't do anything great either so I have a hard time placing Reach very high on any list because it just doesn't take any risks for any kind of large payoff.

IHaveIce

Banned
No scarabs in Reach (that are fightable), space section was lackluster.

Those are gameplay wise my only complains about Reach's campaign.

Nirvana

I can deny it, it was the second worst after Halo 3 in my opinion. So uh...yeah.

aj1467

So they're basically lying when they answer questions now? They clearly denied any sort of collectors or limited editions during the Comic-Con Q&A, so where did this limited edition steelbook, art book come from? Or is this MS marketing deciding and 343 didn't know?
This is apparently a special thing created just between GAME and Xbox UK.

Fracas

#fuckonami

It's not my favorite (Halo 3 will always be my GOAT), but yeah Reach campaign is criminally underrated.

Top Bottom