• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

FyreWulff

I don't really get the hoopla over LAN. If you have people to LAN with, why do you need the MC collection for LAN?

For Halo 1 and 2, not only do you need the working Oxboxes, but also need to keep having working controllers. Which are no longer being made.

Even if people are interested, the hardware to actually do it is no longer available.

Eh. Not like you're going through the internet.

Still a bit of an annoyance. It'd be hard to run the Halo LANs at PAX, for example. Didn't know the One doesn't even have offline profiles, how the heck do you use it without ever connecting? I assumed newer Ones don't need to be connected to boot up anymore.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For Halo 1 and 2, not only do you need the working Oxboxes, but also need to keep having working controllers. Which are no longer being made.

Even if people are interested, the hardware to actually do it is no longer available.

Still a bit of an annoyance. It'd be hard to run the Halo LANs at PAX, for example. Didn't know the One doesn't even have offline profiles, how the heck do you use it without ever connecting? I assumed newer Ones don't need to be connected to boot up anymore.

It's definitely a slight pain in the butt, but it's a workable solution for now and it's possible the OS will change to accommodate a simpler setup in the future.

Time to catch up on my Forerunner, Didact, Librarian, etc. lore. To be honest, the subject seems kinda dry and I felt I would be falling asleep trying to read through them, so I figured I would go with the audio books and listen to them while I drive around. About half way through the first book and it isn't that bad so far.

WP_20140723_002_zps97432efd.jpg

Enjoy! They're pretty "disconnected", but I had a fun time with all the subtle connections and exploration of questions I've had since the first game.

That's because the first book is the good one.

Silentium > Cryptum > Primordium

Primordium audiobook is the best. Tim Dadabo. ;)

belushy

Banned
Can't wait for more H2A. Not sure if you guys have said yet, but can we expect anything from the other games in the collection too? Interested in the 1080p and 60fps obviously, but also the forge fixes for H3 and Halo 4. Should we expect anything major (like phasing for h3 lol) or I'm looking too much into it?

I like this new found approach with MS & 343.

So much Halo media coming this year is kind of an overwhelming hype feeling.

Hope we'll get more info. on the live action tv series soon or next year's spring MS conference.

FyreWulff

Wait, so LAN is possible but an internet connection is needed?

I don't get it

I don't have a One but I'm assuming that profiles must call home to log in on the One, therefore requiring a net connection so the profiles can log in.

Game traffic goes over the LAN.

Versus on 360 where profiles can be signed into even when offline

Tawpgun

I don't have a One but I'm assuming that profiles must call home to log in on the One, therefore requiring a net connection so the profiles can log in.

Game traffic goes over the LAN.

Versus on 360 where profiles can be signed into even when offline

Gooooooodddamnit they haven't 180'd on that yet? I thought the One doesn't need a net connection anymore....

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeahhhhhh @ LAN confirmation. The required internet connection sucks, but it's still plenty manageable.

Hmm?

I'm offline on my Xbone right now and I'm signed in. Unless I'm completely missing something here in which case ignore me

The problem would be the secondary accounts. I heard the Xbox one uses the same account system with the ps4, secondaries have to be verified to work unlike the primary account.

Sounds like the Xbox One doesn't have guest profiles [yet?]?

That's.. a silly oversight. Unfortunate.
Still, happy that ye are working with what ye have and giving us LAN play as a possibility :)

Sounds like the Xbox One doesn't have guest profiles [yet?]?

That's.. a silly oversight. Unfortunate.
Still, happy that ye are working with what ye have and giving us LAN play as a possibility :)
It has guest profiles, as well as the ability to create as many accounts as you want that leech live gold and content from the primary account.

Not actually sure what the limitation is here...I guess guest accounts need to sign in to verify content owned by the primary (the "home" and "account" tied license thing). Not sure

It has guest profiles, as well as the ability to create as many accounts as you want that leech live gold and content from the primary account.

Not actually sure what the limitation is here...I guess guest accounts need to sign in to verify content owned by the primary (the "home" and "account" tied license thing). Not sure
Odd then, that seemed to be the implication by Beyond and the posts here.

CyReN

Odd then, that seemed to be the implication by Beyond and the posts here.

Xbox One is a strange system, LAN has been an issue since the beginning. Even CoD Ghosts and MLG had to have certain things patched in and profile made to make it work on "LAN". The router thing is a minor stepback but it's an alternative I think people can live with.

Either way, props to 343i for the recent news, from the competitive side a lot of people are excited.

Dub117

Super happy LAN is a go. Hoping for some MLG type stuff.

In an unrelated note, after I disconnected my kinect from my X1 for a while, I can't get it to work again. Did I ghost it? Is there anything special I need to do? Sigh. I'm gonna have to send it in huh...

Super happy LAN is a go. Hoping for some MLG type stuff.

In an unrelated note, after I disconnected my kinect from my X1 for a while, I can't get it to work again. Did I ghost it? Is there anything special I need to do? Sigh. I'm gonna have to send it in huh...

This is going to sound stupid, but have you tried a hard reset (unplugging the box/holding the power button for 10 seconds)?

Dub117

This is going to sound stupid, but have you tried a hard reset (unplugging the box/holding the power button for 10 seconds)?
Sadly yes. I switch my HDMI cable from 360 and x1 and this time the kinect just didn't come back. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure. Didn't realize how much I liked it until it went away. College poor boy problems. Saved up forever for an x1, can't afford another HDMI ha

GhaleonEB

Time to catch up on my Forerunner, Didact, Librarian, etc. lore. To be honest, the subject seems kinda dry and I felt I would be falling asleep trying to read through them, so I figured I would go with the audio books and listen to them while I drive around. About half way through the first book and it isn't that bad so far.

WP_20140723_002_zps97432efd.jpg

Do not listen to the second one while driving. Falling asleep at the wheel can cause serious accidents.

Sadly yes. I switch my HDMI cable from 360 and x1 and this time the kinect just didn't come back. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure. Didn't realize how much I liked it until it went away. College poor boy problems. Saved up forever for an x1, can't afford another HDMI ha

Is it a HDMI issue? You can find cords relatively cheap these days. Though idk where you are located.

Omni

Holy fuck? $3 for an HDMI cable? Fuck that noise. That's like... 3 McDoubles at McDonald's. A whole meal.

I already spent $399 on a Playstation 4. It doesn't deserve another $3. It can continue to share an HDMI cable with my Wii U.
Not at all relevant but where the fuck do you live that allows you to buy three McDoubles for $3?

Something something Halo. After almost 2 years at the Mythic rank in Reach, I'm very close to ranking up. Should reach Inheritor by 2025. Obviously I should make a fundraiser for myself

willow ve

Not at all relevant but where the fuck do you live that allows you to buy three McDoubles for $3?

Something something Halo. After almost 2 years at the Mythic rank in Reach, I'm very close to ranking up. Should reach Inheritor by 2025. Obviously I should make a fundraiser for myself

Does anyone know the average number of weeks/days/hours it took to max out rank in Reach?

I find it odd the Reach seemed to take thousands of hours of gameplay to max out and (at least in the Beta) Destiny only took hours.

Top Bottom