• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Dub117

Is it a HDMI issue? You can find cords relatively cheap these days. Though idk where you are located.
No, just a kinect issue. I know they are cheap, I was joking about not being able to afford one, I was just stating my problem started when I had everything hooked up and it worked, I completely unhooked it for a while, then hooked it back up and can't get it to come back on. After fiddling with it more I'm almost positive it is hardware failure, dammit

FyreWulff

Does anyone know the average number of weeks/days/hours it took to max out rank in Reach?

FOREVER

I find it odd the Reach seemed to take thousands of hours of gameplay to max out and (at least in the Beta) Destiny only took hours.

Reach's ranks (and Halo 3's military ranks) were supposed to be an indicator of how long you played the game. Destiny's ranks tie into gameplay, and they want it to be focused on how you customize your character after maxing level rather than getting to the level.

Didn't the PS4 come with a hdmi cable? Mine did.

Yep. All 3 of the current gen consoles come with HDMI cables standard.

Ja and another easy solve that may work (we'll test, obviously) for big or medium get-togethers might be a tethered phone or 4G hotspot.

I've connected my Halo 3 360 to someone's wireless internet by connecting it to my laptop with a cable and using Windows' built in internet sharing. The Live heartbeat check shouldn't need much bandwidth.

Having Ones connect to a phone acting as a wireless hotspot -should- work.

No, just a kinect issue. I know they are cheap, I was joking about not being able to afford one, I was just stating my problem started when I had everything hooked up and it worked, I completely unhooked it for a while, then hooked it back up and can't get it to come back on. After fiddling with it more I'm almost positive it is hardware failure, dammit
Just file that it's broken, they'll send you a new Kinect.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've played over a month's worth of Reach (don't hate) and I'm still two or three ranks away from Inheritor. It's nuts.

PS: I really wish Reach was in the MCC. :-(

FyreWulff

It's been at something like 250,000cR for ages now. I don't think it's even possible to hit it anymore. The payouts are so low for everything, and with the custom challenges being retired soon, even harder to hit.

i4exVAs0QsDBB.gif

The bar never moves!

28LJREJl.jpg

blamite

It's been at something like 250,000cR for ages now. I don't think it's even possible to hit it anymore. The payouts are so low for everything, and with the custom challenges being retired soon, even harder to hit.

i4exVAs0QsDBB.gif

The bar never moves!

28LJREJl.jpg

That's from matchmaking right? What happened to the credit lottery thing after every game, is that totally gone now? Laaaame.

i4exVAs0QsDBB.gif

The bar never moves!

28LJREJl.jpg

I reached Nova somehow....those jackpots farms were insane.

FyreWulff

That's from matchmaking right? What happened to the credit lottery thing after every game, is that totally gone now? Laaaame.

The lottery still exists, but it's at the regular weighting. So it's not as common

They need to come back and bump up the payouts, or give all the custom challenges the bonus multiplier before that feature is retired. I think BSAngel was in charge of that one, someone get her to boot up the computer that handled that stuff and throw some levers.

Also, even though they upped the payouts of weeklies after the handoff, any weeklies and dailies that didn't show up during that sustain period didn't get bumped up, so you still randomly get weeklies with 3000cR payouts

About Escalation #8
Why weren't there any dog tags to acquire from the fallen spartan team black that were killed by Prometheans on the Halo near Ivanhoff station?

I find this sort of strange. In Reach and Legends, Spartans would do this just like any other military personnel.

About Escalation #8
Why weren't there any dog tags to acquire from the fallen spartan team black that were killed by Prometheans on the Halo near Ivanhoff station?

I find this sort of strange. In Reach and Legends, Spartans would do this just like any other military personnel.

Halo Plot?
And they were decapitated

Holy fuck? $3 for an HDMI cable? Fuck that noise. That's like... 3 McDoubles at McDonald's. A whole meal.

I already spent $399 on a Playstation 4. It doesn't deserve another $3
. It can continue to share an HDMI cable with my Wii U.

lol_idi_amin.gif

I didnt read this gem before, gotta love your priorities.

For what it was it wasn't that gory.

Dammit Promethean knights and their suddenly cauterized sword thing properties.

Just spent the last several hours tearing apart my xbox just to clean the laser in my disc drive, only to find that's not the problem.

I'm giving in and just ordered a new disc drive, should be here by next week, so maybe I could play a game other than Halo 3 or minecraft with you guys.

wwm0nkey

A real pity none of these will be playable for the MCC, 343i should really do something about this.

imho a big priority

They really should. Or at the very least take a few of the big ones and put them on disc. This gametype and a lot of yours need to be played for the re-release.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was wondering how much of the Halo 4 modding stuff would be transferable to the MCC. Sounds like not much?

m23

Borrowed a friend's PS4 to play Last of Us. Just finished it......amazing. Best single player game in recent years for me.

Karl2177

A real pity none of these will be playable for the MCC, 343i should really do something about this.

imho a big priority

It wouldn't take too long to sort through the gametype files in the MCC and compare where they are.

Also, I have a favor of you Gabo. Can you send me the most updated Team Slayer file(XML or one I can pull out using Horizon)? I'd like one to mess around with and I don't have a copy of Halo 4 at the moment.

It wouldn't take too long to sort through the gametype files in the MCC and compare where they are.

Also, I have a favor of you Gabo. Can you send me the most updated Team Slayer file(XML or one I can pull out using Horizon)? I'd like one to mess around with and I don't have a copy of Halo 4 at the moment.

I'll send it to you tomorrow, going to bed now.

Omni

Caaaan I join?

My connection the other day was spotty because it was stormy here. But it should be okay now I think

Hey Fyre, technical question for you if you're out there - from a programming standpoint, do you know how difficult it was for the Spike Grenade to always attach its bellend side to walls in Halo 3? I mean, throwing the grenade it always looked "weighted" towards its attaching point, but I didn't know if there was any specific wizardry behind making it auto-connect like that. I was trying to think on the technical side for my project, where a huge-ass throwing knife could potentially get embedded into walls, and that was the closest parallel I could think of.

Kibbles

Can't wait for this tournament, I hope it uses MLG style settings. I also hope it's up on VoD becuase I haven't looked at the time and work situation yet. :3

Top Bottom