• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
BuklmJ_CQAADhk2.png:large

Halo.

Currently debating whether or not I should just ask for the entire month off of work.

I mean... Halo guys. Halo.
I dunno man, I'd miss that Microsoft paycheck if I were you.

I dunno man, I'd miss that Microsoft paycheck if I were you.

He's salary pay at this point, come on man.

As much as we give him shit, props to speedy for actually having money worth a damn. Just stay away from loans and credit and you'll be golden.

nillapuddin

When I used to work minimum wage I'd always try to take the day Halo comes out off, and atleast lighten my load that week. I dont see anything wrong with that. I would only ever take off for major family holidays, my birthday, gf's birthday, etc anyways.

Now that I run my own business, I can guarantee you I am clearing the schedule the week the MCC comes out.

My now business partner and I spent years playing Halo growing up together, hes buying an XO just for MCC, (I'm making him wait incase theres a bundle) theres no way we are going to work those first couple days.

Nirvana

When I used to work minimum wage I'd always try to take the day Halo comes out off, and atleast lighten my load that week. I dont see anything wrong with that. I would only ever take off for major family holidays, my birthday, gf's birthday, etc anyways.

Now that I run my own business, I can guarantee you I am clearing the schedule the week the MCC comes out.

My now business partner and I spent years playing Halo growing up together, hes buying an XO just for MCC, (I'm making him wait incase theres a bundle) theres no way we are going to work those first couple days.

Livin the dream

TheOddOne

- Xbox Wire: What to Expect from Halo at gamescom 2014
Next Tuesday, Halo: The Master Chief Collection will appear in the annual press briefing, where 343 will share some new announcements with you.
Halo 2: Anniversary will be playable for the first time on the gamescom show floor. There will be 4v4 multiplayer games on Ascension and a yet-to-be-announced map, with multiple game types available for your enjoyment.
Live from gamescom Xbox booth, 343 Industries’ Bonnie Ross, Dan Ayoub, and Kiki Wolfkill will livestream the content that’s only being shown behind-closed-doors via twitch.tv/Xbox.
Not only will gamescom be the first opportunity gets hands-on with Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer, but the team is also working with ESL and Twitch to bring you a legendary 4v4 tournament. Open to all gamescom attendees, the tournament will feature $10,000 USD in prizing, four days of qualification on the gamescom show floor, and culminate with the grand finals on Sunday, August 17.
More at link.

Woorloog

Banned
I think the map will be Lockout. Suits 4v4, has been confirmed by Frankie if not officially revealed, suits a tournament too, doesn't it? Focus on Halo as esports, you know?
EDIT that is, if the map actually works for competitive playing. I know it is a fan favorite but... eh, it isn't symmetric and... well, frankly, i have no idea why it is so popular. Was it even used in high competitive Halo?

Mistel

Banned
Hey Sub Zero not that I know how it works at a technical level but why would you want the handle end of a spike grenade to stick to something?

Hey Sub Zero not that I know how it works at a technical level but why would you want the handle end of a spike grenade to stick to something?

No, no, I was asking how Bungie programmed it so that the spiked end always stuck to walls regardless of the orientation of the Spike Grenade upon contact. It was the closest alternative I could think of for a weapon where a throwing knife would always have to end up impaled in its targets, but without despawning like your typical Call of Duty / Destiny one.

Karl2177

No, no, I was asking how Bungie programmed it so that the spiked end always stuck to walls regardless of the orientation of the Spike Grenade upon contact. It was the closest alternative I could think of for a weapon where a throwing knife would always have to end up impaled in its targets, but without despawning like your typical Call of Duty / Destiny one.

My guess is that they set the orientation vector perpendicular to the surface.

Karl2177

I though that spike grenades always flew head first when thrown. They could fly backwards?

They always fly head first, but here's a little experiment for you. Throw a spike grenade straight up in the air. Now turn into monitor mode and raise a block faster than the velocity of the grenade, so you intercept the grenade while it is still in the upward trajectory.

Woorloog

Banned
The spike grenade spins while flying, head over heels. Didn't it?
I mean, it is like those old German potato smasher grenades, pretty sure they were thrown so that they spun.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh. Somehow i always thought they spun. Must be the sound effect, it is not like you have time to check the grenade itself while playing.

Computer

Just spent the last several hours tearing apart my xbox just to clean the laser in my disc drive, only to find that's not the problem.

I'm giving in and just ordered a new disc drive, should be here by next week, so maybe I could play a game other than Halo 3 or minecraft with you guys.

If you are replacing the whole drive instead of the pick up. Be sure to take the old firmware board from the current drive and put it on the new drive. Other wise you're box will not read disk. Unless you jungle flash it. The firmware board and main board are married together by a check code. Depending on how old you box is it may require a bit of easy soldering.

What's wrong with taking a break from a shitty job to enjoy a new game?

Regardless of work, I will always try to take off for E3 and major Halo/Smash releases. Never understood why people complain about this when it's only a couple days a year lol..

You have one mo' suckin' life. Live the shit how you want, enjoy what you want and stop living to society's perspective of what's "normal." Live for the experiences IMO; I want to see the shit live when 343 drops the BASS
/monks.

Mistel

Banned
They always fly head first, but here's a little experiment for you. Throw a spike grenade straight up in the air. Now turn into monitor mode and raise a block faster than the velocity of the grenade, so you intercept the grenade while it is still in the upward trajectory.
It gets to a terminal point then the grenade kinda curves in a arc and comes back down. It seems to flip itself so the head end points down.

Havoc2049

Taking off work for video games...

Yikes.

Halo 4 Lyfe! ;-p

A month is a little crazy, but I could see a few days, maybe even a week for the release of the MCC. I know I'm going to schedule my days off around the release of the MCC. Work the 10th - midnight launch (hopefully the MCC has a midnight launch) - Halo from Midnight to 5 am-ish - sleep till noon - then log in another 8 - 16 hours total of Halo till the 12th - go back to work on the 13th.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. Somehow i always thought they spun. Must be the sound effect, it is not like you have time to check the grenade itself while playing.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think it was probably the sound effect that tricked me, too.

If you are replacing the whole drive instead of the pick up. Be sure to take the old firmware board from the current drive and put it on the new drive. Other wise you're box will not read disk. Unless you jungle flash it. The firmware board and main board are married together by a check code. Depending on how old you box is it may require a bit of easy soldering.

welp. Did not know that, that'll be annoying. I have a 360 S. It's too late to ask Microsoft for any help, considering that tearing it apart voided the warranty. I just wanted it to hold out until I get my One in a couple months lol.

Ramirez

Holy fuck? $3 for an HDMI cable? Fuck that noise. That's like... 3 McDoubles at McDonald's. A whole meal.

I already spent $399 on a Playstation 4. It doesn't deserve another $3. It can continue to share an HDMI cable with my Wii U.

Ah, so we finally know who the poster is behind this joke account.

nillapuddin

Livin the dream

Im glad you said that, lately Ive been workin so damn hard its felt alot like work, but yeah, we are livin the dream
I co-own and operate a floor covering supply and installation company, its just (my buddy) and I, but we are seeing great success

Nebula

Think I've gone off gaming. Summer drought indeed. Will wait until I am uncomfortably cold to game again.

MCC pls hurry.

I finally got an xbone, so I'll be able to play the haloz come November. Who all will be playing destiny on Xbox one? I'm going to need to beef up my friends list for that and halo, so if I don't already have you on my friends list add me or however that works on xbone now.

Halo CE pron for FUNKNOWN iXi.
WP_000041.jpg
Spartans and Crimsons punching oh my!
tumblr_na27xoCFvS1s4ir3yo1_1280.jpg

Needs more gravity gauntlets.
That Pistol; it is glorious. I like how the CE Anniversary boxart "matured" with MC holding the Pistol, much like MC bringing God's Weapon to whatever epic battle this is!
..until he was challenged to a Sword duel ;]

Can't wait till we hear more details on that weapon as it's sure to get a lot of attention and spark countless debates, yet again lol. I'm always excited for that part of the Halo cycle!

Woorloog

Banned
There is still not bayonets or sword human weapons in Halo right?

The shotgun is the "sword" you need as a human. Knives used for assassinations doesn't count.

Halo isn't the sort of scifi where human-made scifi melee weapons fit, i think. You know, rocket/pneumatic-hammers, vibroweapons, smart-whips, shock-swords, etc. And non-powered melee weapons... what's the frigging point?

Top Bottom