• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Competa

Banned
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I don't expect Halo 5 news until TMCC actually releases. Tuesday's news will likely be of the same flavor as the news at RTX and ComicCon.

"We wanted to create a unified user interface."

"There are over 100 multiplayer maps."

"Halo 2 Anniversary has sexy cutscenes."

"Cairo Station."
I laughed more than I should, because it's probably true.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I don't expect Halo 5 news until TMCC actually releases. Tuesday's news will likely be of the same flavor as the news at RTX and ComicCon.

"We wanted to create a unified user interface."

"There are over 100 multiplayer maps."

"Halo 2 Anniversary has sexy cutscenes."

"Cairo Station."

This is a good expectations calibration. This way you cannot be disappointed.

Mistel

Banned
Hellbringers were so cool; they're just as insane as helljumpers, only they start the fires instead of dropping feet first into them. It'd be a real shame (not to mention stupid) if they were exclusive units to the Spirit of Fire.
It's like a lot of the stuff wars introduced that hasn't been picked up again which is a shame.

It's like a lot of the stuff wars introduced that hasn't been picked up again which is a shame.

Apparently Bungie hated Wars, so there's that. Hopefully with 343 at the helm we'll see some of it get reintroduced; they've been teasing the return of the Spirit of Fire in the comics, so I think there's a chance.

Madness

It's going to be different for Halo 5 news this time. We get to play a month long supposed beta of the multi-player this year, and watch Nightfall which will tie into the story.

I don't think we'll see any campaign details or game play until E3 next year, just like for halo 4 launch when we finally saw that game play of the forest.

I would hope they at least show off the other games at gamescom, ie. Halo 3 in 60 FPS etc. The hype is actually somewhat dying down for me.

ItsLaith

Neo Member
Hi everyyboddyyy this is my survey thing cause im new :[

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
about 2 months?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
24, USA Texas

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
14 years or something like that? since halo 1 launched, Played them all.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
Big Team Battle, Team Slayer

AR or BR?
BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
29 in Team Slayer

Favorite Halo 2 map?
2V2 on Turf

Favorite all-time Halo map?
The Pit

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
halo.xbox.com thats about it.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
CoD, Fighting games, Nintendo, pretty much anything.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
I play games all day, work and cant wait for the new Halo woo!

TCKaos

I was mistaken. I saw a dickload of Xbox related boxes and thought it was two consoles.

The idea is one for the living room (for my dad to play on and my mom to use during the day to watch stuff on Youtube and Netflix) and another one in the "mancave" to play video juegos.

I might be returning some headsets and stuff to get the Kinectless one, though.

Computron

This is a good expectations calibration. This way you cannot be disappointed.

Last time you said that everyone was expecting Halo 2 anniversary and we ended up with H2A plus 3 extra games.

So clearly this means gamescom will announce thatReach and ODST have been added to MCC.

Escalation is pretty good. Can't wait for more.

Spoilers:
The Spirit of Fire connections are awesome. Halo Wars 2 can't come soon enough!

Escalation is pretty good. Can't wait for more.

Spoilers:
The Spirit of Fire connections are awesome. Halo Wars 2 can't come soon enough!

I don't think they are setting up
Halo Wars 2
with it, I think that instead they are
setting up the return of the Flood in Halo 5 or 6.

Madness

How many schlafens till moderate to severe hype?

"Live from gamescom Xbox booth, 343 Industries’ Bonnie Ross, Dan Ayoub, and Kiki Wolfkill will livestream the content that’s only being shown behind-closed-doors via twitch.tv/Xbox. Be sure to tune in for insider access and sneak peeks at what’s to come."

Is this going to be something new, or like the Cairo Station behind closed doors stuff that you and Dan did for IGN and others?

Fuchsdh

"Live from gamescom Xbox booth, 343 Industries’ Bonnie Ross, Dan Ayoub, and Kiki Wolfkill will livestream the content that’s only being shown behind-closed-doors via twitch.tv/Xbox. Be sure to tune in for insider access and sneak peeks at what’s to come."

Is this going to be something new, or like the Cairo Station behind closed doors stuff that you and Dan did for IGN and others?

They pulled out Cairo station for E3 and RTX. I imagine it may be another mission if it's along those lines.

ElRenoRaven

I'd expect that honestly. The bigger question is will this be archived because I'm not waking up at 4am to watch this?

Halo needs the Flood to return.

I agree. I miss them. Well let me rephrase that. I miss all of them except the ranged pure forms. Those fuckers can die in a fire.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd expect that honestly. The bigger question is will this be archived because I'm not waking up at 4am to watch this?

Not sure if archived. We will endeavor to make whatever we show publicly available.

Is it worth staying up late for?

Ymmv but I would.

Top Bottom