• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

With the up-res for Halo 2, will this entirely eliminate super bouncing or will it still be possible, but more difficult? I'd like for them to exist but to be too difficult to feasibly do during a match.

jem0208

With the up-res for Halo 2, will this entirely eliminate super bouncing or will it still be possible, but more difficult? I'd like for them to exist but to be too difficult to feasibly do during a match.

I think they said somewhere that it could still be possible but the jumps will be different.

Woorloog

Banned

They have said the glitches have not been tampered with but it is possible some may not work anymore. If they work, they will happen in the matchmaking too. Unfortunately.

I think they said somewhere that it could still be possible but the jumps will be different.

They have said the glitches have not been tampered with but it is possible some may not work anymore. If they work, they will happen in the matchmaking too. Unfortunately.

Hmm, okay. I figured this was the case. The button-combos staying in scares me a bit. Playing on Halo 2 Vista, I'd come across people that'd kill me with ridiculous speed consistently. I comforted myself by pretending they were using hacks.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm, okay. I figured this was the case. The button-combos staying in scares me a bit. Playing on Halo 2 Vista, I'd come across people that'd kill me with ridiculous speed consistently. I comforted myself by pretending they were using hacks.

The button combos don't work on Halo 2 Vista AFAIK. Not 100% sure about that. Superjumps don't work there because the Havok is updated for Halo 2 Vista.
A good player can kill you fast and consistently even without any aids... though i've understood playing with a controller gives you aim assist which helps a lot. (And mouse controls suck in Halo 2 Vista unless you use windowed mode)

The button combos don't work on Halo 2 Vista AFAIK. Not 100% sure about that. Superjumps don't work there because the Havok is updated for Halo 2 Vista.
A good player can kill you fast and consistently even without any aids... though i've understood playing with a controller gives you aim assist which helps a lot. (And mouse controls suck in Halo 2 Vista unless you use windowed mode)

The button combos do work in Halo 2 Vista! Most if not all if memory serves. I'd occasionally pull off a double shot or BXR.

Woorloog

Banned
The button combos do work in Halo 2 Vista! Most if not all if memory serves. I'd occasionally pull off a double shot or BXR.

Oh. Well. I never bothered with Halo 2 Vista MP really, not enough players, too many crap customs (i prefer unmodified standard Slayer, CTF and Assault pretty much, customs do not really appeal to me). Seems it was a good call to avoid what little there is, i really can't stand glitches in multiplayer games.

Tawpgun

pics of speedy blue girl pls

What are we staying up for? Tonight? idk, wifi here blows, send me an advanced copy of whatever is revealed.

Fuchsdh

What are we staying up for? Tonight? idk, wifi here blows, send me an advanced copy of whatever is revealed.

Nothing. Tomorrow. Early morning, depending on where you are.

Unless you're asking about something other than the livesteamed Halo stuff.

Fracas

#fuckonami

4TcJPTo.jpg

wwm0nkey

I like the focus on movement in this new CoD, its what it really needed instead of more perks and ect bloating it down.

Oh and LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This'll be the first CoD I buy since MW2, and that's mainly because of the movement options. The only thing holding this back is ADS because shooting with this type of movement will never feel as good as shooting from the hip.

Halo pls. Think of the movement options!

jem0208

This'll be the first CoD I buy since MW2, and that's mainly because of the movement options. The only thing holding this back is ADS because shooting with this type of movement will never feel as good as shooting from the hip.

Halo pls. Think of the movement options!

I'm worried that 5 is going to be exactly the same with all the boosts and movement options. It'll be awesome and no doubt be funner than CoD however the hoards of CoD fans will come down on it chanting "Rip off!".

Meh, I hope Halo does something similar.

nillapuddin

I feel like Halo am cry right now, Ground Pound, Thruster Packs, I am envisioning both of those, and more in Halo. The uninformed internet will just scream Rip-Off

(even though they fit much more naturally in the Halo universe)

Is the grenade throwing animation the thing they shoot out of their left arm? Because if so, that's awesome how fast it is (great for gameplay) and how cool it looks.

EDIT: And they have a Crossbow. Halo needs its Tek Bow!
18474-turok-2-seeds-of-evil-windows-screenshot-bows-n-arrowss.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Another question: what are your favorite objective gametypes in Halo CE? Are there any gametypes that CE does better than the other games?
I'm gonna bump this question cause I'm curious what yall think. I've barely played CE multiplayer, and aside from 2v2 Slayer, I really have no clue what gametypes it does especially well.

I'm gonna bump this question cause I'm curious what yall think. I've barely played CE multiplayer, and aside from 2v2 Slayer, I really have no clue what gametypes it does especially well.

CTF is the ultimate classic. The others are good, but CTF is... it's CTF, man.

Defect

MCC better allow us to view people's fileshares in pregame lobbies like in Halo 3.

Having the Filebrowser isn't enough.

Fuchsdh

I feel like Halo am cry right now, Ground Pound, Thruster Packs, I am envisioning both of those, and more in Halo. The uninformed internet will just scream Rip-Off

(even though they fit much more naturally in the Halo universe)

Eh, let 'em scream. If we've learned anything from recent history it's that CoD players will never be Halo players.

Did you guys see Sanctuary is the next confirmed remake? I'm on mobile so have no link I can share.

Kinda disappointed, because we've played it in Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4....

Oh well.

Did you guys see Sanctuary is the next confirmed remake? I'm on mobile so have no link I can share.

Kinda disappointed, because we've played it in Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4....

Oh well.

And since Forge is apparently in I wouldn't be surprised if you could remake it easily above Coag or something. :/
I've never been a real fan of Sanctuary either, I mean it's not a bad map(in Halo 2 anyways), but I would have much preferred Midship to go along with Lockout.
Here's hoping the final map is Terminal. 1 map being disappointing out of 6 is fine, but 2 would be kinda sad.

If it's true, hopefully they improve upon the art style for Sanctuary because every version of that map, whether from Forge or Halo 2, was not very appealing.

Bring on the browns and rocks!

So..

Coag, Zanzi, Ascension, Sanctuary, Lockout and ???

Turf pls

We have

Small:
Lockout​
Sanctuary​

Medium:
Ascension(Medium Small)​
Zanzibar(Medium Large)​

Large:
Coagulation​

Judging by this I think it is most likely that the final map will be a large map and Turf is definitely not a large map.

blamite

Eww I hope it's not Sanctuary.

Although it's possible I only think that because Reach forever tainted that map in my memory.

Welfare

We have

Small:
Lockout​
Sanctuary​

Medium:
Ascension(Medium Small)​
Zanzibar(Medium Large)​

Large:
Coagulation​

Judging by this I think it is most likely that the final map will be a large map and Turf is definitely not a large map.
Either Headlong or... was Terminal "large"? If not, I see Headlong being the other one.

Top Bottom