• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Will H2A multiplayer attempt to mimic Halo 2's gameplay with little twists here and there, or will it be a totally new flavor that just uses Halo 2 maps? I can't remember if this has been clarified or not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Another question: what are you favorite objective gametypes in Halo CE? Are there any gametypes that CE does better than the other games?

ElRenoRaven

Not sure if archived. We will endeavor to make whatever we show publicly available.

Is it worth staying up late for?

Ymmv but I would.

If I didn't have to work this week I certainly probably would. But I'm starting back to the ol community college to get my associates and between work and classes that's a huge no no.

More like drei oder vier. Ja klar? Ganz gut.

Halo 5 is taking emphasis on 3's gameplay over 4's confirmed?

Another question: what are you favorite objective gametypes in Halo CE? Are there any gametypes that CE does better than the other games?

Oddball Shotty-Rockets on Chiron was pretty great. I don't know if any of the gametypes in CE weren't improved upon in future titles, though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

CE ctf. Blood Gulch. The exit-vehicle rubber band physics. Aw yiss. More missile than driver.

Buwx

The exit-vehicle rubber band physics. Aw yiss. More missile than driver.

Everything about CE vehicle physics is just the worst in the best kind of way. Whether you're running 150 mph into an opponent, or lovetapping a teammate, the effect is always the same: merciless obliteration.

nillapuddin

tumblr_mbhp4rm7QL1rr5ji1.gif

jk
not jk

Buwx

Wonder if we'll get an Arbiter level...

This would actually make me really happy. I'd like to some elites in-game for Halo 2: Anniversary; mostly because I want to see what armor they're using. None of the Cairo Station gameplay videos give a clear shot at the Elites... But it looks like they're wearing Halo 4 storm armor. If this is the case, I am most unhappy.

Personally, I think the writing is somewhere between "decent" and "good," but damn that art is terrible.
I don't think they are setting up
Halo Wars 2
with it, I think that instead they are
setting up the return of the Flood in Halo 5 or 6.
Yeah, I just love how they connect the pieces, especially when I know what those pieces are lol. And I agree with
what they're probably setting up, but Halo Wars 2 has to happen at some point ;'[
Will H2A multiplayer attempt to mimic Halo 2's gameplay with little twists here and there, or will it be a totally new flavor that just uses Halo 2 maps? I can't remember if this has been clarified or not.
As aforementioned, appears to be a mix of both. I'm really looking forward to what this offers considering this is what many of us thought would be the only thing released.
CE ctf. Blood Gulch. The exit-vehicle rubber band physics. Aw yiss. More missile than driver.
girl-going-crazy-band-camp-band-13860948902.gif

Nowise10

Tonight is the Xbox Briefing, tomorrow is the Panel thingy... The xbox briefing is at 7am CDT/ 5am PDT Tuesday morning and the panel thing is at 4am CDT/ 2am PDT Wednesday morning

..By tonight, do you mean Monday night?

someone post a schedule yo

edit* I got everyone covered.
UXdwrNo.png

Tonight is the Xbox Briefing, tomorrow is the Panel thingy... The xbox briefing is at 7am CDT/ 5am PDT Tuesday morning and the panel thing is at 4am CDT/ 2am PDT Wednesday morning
..By tonight, do you mean Monday night?

someone post a schedule yo

edit* I got everyone covered.
UXdwrNo.png
Sweet. TY! This fits in well with my schedule since I'm doing nights and have tonight and tomorrow night off. I'll be watching the stream.
giphy.gif

jem0208

Hey! That's me!!

I'm totally famous!

I was kinda trying to prove the point of opinions but ya know, oh well.

Also, you say it's ridiculous but I'm being somewhat serious. There are very few exclusives that I regularly play and enjoy. Halo and Forza about sums it up, and I only occasionally play Forza.

Nintendo exclusives just don't interest me. I dislike the Mario style of platforming, both the 2D and 3D varients. Mario Kart is fun with friends but I'd much rather play a sim style racer like Forza. Don't really like fighters so Smash just bores me. Zelda is one which interests me slightly more, however none of the games ever really grabbed me. And then I'd much rather play something like Skyrim or the Witcher. Pokemon just bores me to tears.

I'm not saying they're bad games, just that I don't like them.

Halo is a game I like, far more than most other games. I still play 4 more than pretty much all my other games. Even though its arguably the worst in the series. It's still better than all the other games I play.

I was being a little hyperbolic though as I haven't actually played most exclusives.

Hey! That's me!!

I'm totally famous!

I was kinda trying to prove the point of opinions but ya know, oh well.
I thought the linked post of yours sounded a little sarcastic. I need to stop frequenting xbox one related threads. All they do is annoy me when the sony fap fest gets going, which is usually from the first post.

sony_doge_zps97e7f572.jpg

EDIT:
Also, you say it's ridiculous but I'm honestly telling the truth. There are very few exclusives that I regularly play and enjoy. Halo and Forza about sums it up, and I only occasionally play Forza.

Nintendo exclusives just don't interest me. I dislike the Mario style of platforming, both the 2D and 3D varients. Mario Kart is fun with friends but I'd much rather play a sim style racer like Forza. Don't really like fighters so Smash just bores me. Zelda is one which interests me slightly more, however none of the games ever really grabbed me. And then I'd much rather play something like Skyrim or the Witcher. Pokemon just bores me to tears.

I'm not saying they're bad games, just that I don't like them.

Halo is a game I like, far more than most other games. I still play 4 more than pretty much all my other games. Even though its arguably the worst in the series. It's still better than all the other games I play.
Nothing wrong with personally liking a game more than others, but it's dangerous to come out and make a blanket statement about the games you like being better than all Nintendo 1st party games. Nintendo exclusives are pretty dang solid. You need to word it better so people know it's your preference/opinion.

jem0208

Nothing wrong with personally liking a game more than others, but it's dangerous to come out and make a blanket statement about the games you like being better than all Nintendo 1st party games. Nintendo exclusives are pretty dang solid. You need to word it better so people know it's your preference/opinion.
That was kinda the point. The post I was replying to said something like "can't seriously see how anyone would see more value in an X1" and "no worthwhile exclusives on the X1"

I just responded in kind.

I do prefer Halo, the post was just meant to be a somewhat hyperbolic response to a very hyperbolic post.

Edit: I actually did put something about opinions :p First three words of my post were:

Obviously opinions ahead but I see next to no value in a Wii U. It doesn't just have slightly worse multiplats, it has next to no multiplats. None of the exclusives really interest me beyond a passing glance. The game pad is kinda cool but useless if I have no games to play on it.

So many people rag on the X1 having slightly worse multiplats yet so many defend the Wii U with its apparent lack of any multiplats.

Also as others have said, Nintendo games (or any other exclusives really) have nothing on Halo.

Anyway, this isn't all that relative to Halo.

That was kinda the point. The post I was replying to said something like "can't seriously see how anyone would see more value in an X1" and "no worthwhile exclusives on the X1"

I just responded in kind.

I do prefer Halo, the post was just meant to be a somewhat hyperbolic response to a very hyperbolic post.
Ahh yes gotta love posts taken out of context :D

Source

So excited for tomorrow.

Yeah, me too. Finally some gameplay that isn't just a minute on Ascension, and the map to be revealed for play is probably Lockout.

It's probably not the campaign level they would choose to show off, but I hope we see the level Uprising. It was one of the more fun levels and had a nice environment, both interior and exterior were nice.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, me too. Finally some gameplay that isn't just a minute on Ascension, and the map to be revealed for play is probably Lockout.

It's probably not the campaign level they would choose to show off, but I hope we see the level Uprising. It was one of the more fun levels and had a nice environment, both interior and exterior were nice.

I'd assume they might just show off Outskirts or Metropolis if they don't wanna spoil Delta Halo for us.

(Or there's the Arbiter? But I don't think they'd show a mission with Arby as the playable character.)

Top Bottom