• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Wasn't Ivory Tower rumoured before?

Ascension
Coagulation
Sanctuary
Zanzibar

Rumoured
Lockout
Ivory Tower

Not a bad 6. Turf and Midship are the glaring omissions

Ascension
Coagulation
Sanctuary
Zanzibar

Rumoured
Lockout
Ivory Tower

Think they'll pass up on that paid map pack [Midship] DLC? Hoping for a Cold Storage situation.

EDIT: Which reminds me.. I'm all for a Mt. Dew presents a H2A map pack promotion, similar to how PvZ Garden Warfare's been handling DLC. Free map packs that don't separate communities >

Ascension
Coagulation
Sanctuary
Zanzibar

Rumoured
Lockout
Ivory Tower

Frankie said Lockout at E3 right here on GAF, as for Ivory Tower that is only rumored because they showed an original paper design for it along with some other maps at RTX.

EDIT: Which reminds me.. I'm all for a Mt. Dew presents a H2A map pack promotion, similar to how PvZ Garden Warfare's been handling DLC. Free map packs that don't separate communities >

That would be great, and they could boost the map count perfectly too, give us one more small map, one more medium and one more large. They could even pack it in with a patch so that everyone has it for sure.

antigoon

Think they'll pass up on that paid map pack [Midship] DLC? Hoping for a Cold Storage situation.

I would play maps with MOUNTAIN DEW plastered on multiple surfaces if it meant they didn't split the community.

-Ryn

Banned
Off topic but it seems Robin Williams died. It's suspected to be suicide but there's an investigation underway.

He'll be missed. Dude seemed like a really cool guy. He did a lot of great stuff that brought a lot of great moments. Hope his family and friends are okay.

RIP

-Ryn

Banned
I'm just happy that regardless of what gets remade the original maps will al be there.

--

A bit late but those concepts were cool Sun-Zero (or Wahrer?). The combat mechanics you described also sound like they'd be really fun so I look forward to seeing what you come up with on your project. Good luck.

Alle vier?

That probably makes no sense. I'm not great with German.
Funny given that Asuka is German.

I wish there were, but when Spartans can punch through tank armor, I guess there isn't much of a point.
I still hold out hope that the Katana will return with a special assanination animation.

Regardless of work, I will always try to take off for E3 and major Halo/Smash releases. Never understood why people complain about this when it's only a couple days a year lol..

You have one mo' suckin' life. Live the shit how you want, enjoy what you want and stop living to society's perspective of what's "normal." Live for the experiences IMO; I want to see the shit live when 343 drops the BASS
/monks.
You said it dude.
Enjoy as much as you can in life because you only live once.

Welcome to HaloGaf dude!

Madness

Frank said before though, that most maps will be crowd favorites, maybe 1-2 that are not as well known. So these were pretty predictable. Either way, you get to play good maps in the new playlist. I just wish all were given the HD treatment. This H2A playlist will be the newest iteration of Halo (save for the beta), and removes all the junk from Halo 4. Can't wait to see how it plays in gamers hands at Gamescom

Fuchsdh

Frank said before though, that most maps will be crowd favorites, maybe 1-2 that are not as well known. So these were pretty predictable. Either way, you get to play good maps in the new playlist. I just wish all were given the HD treatment. This H2A playlist will be the newest iteration of Halo (save for the beta), and removes all the junk from Halo 4. Can't wait to see how it plays in gamers hands at Gamescom

Well, they all have gotten the HD treatment, just some will look shinier. I can't really complain when we're getting everything else with it. Someone was always going to be sad about not getting a map picked.

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder if the shield popping from Reach will return in the remade multiplayer. Reach had problems but feedback was not one of them.

I'm still holding out for Waterworks as a remade map. Please 343.

I'm excited for tomorrow.

OT: Rip Robin Williams... Just found out right now.
Dude was a BAMF

Forge City implies stuff's already there :)

I'm leaning towards Forge Continent myself.
I know I'm not the only one who found that Halo 2 was in many ways uglier than CE. On the other hand, CE multiplayer spaces were generally just boxes, so there's that.
0asivKW.png

CaptainFuchsYes.png

belushy

Banned
Forge City implies stuff's already there :)

I'm leaning towards Forge Continent myself.

This would be amazing.

Locations:

Flat Desert
Hilly Desert
Flat Tundra
Hilly Tundra
Flat Grasslands
Hilly Grasslands

Snow/Sand/Normal variants of every forge piece.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random thought: what if the Halo 5 beta introduced a new Firefight mode in addition to PvP? That'd be sweet.

blamite

Random thought: what if the Halo 5 beta introduced a new Firefight mode in addition to PvP? That'd be sweet.

Totally off-topic, sorry, but the mention of frefight and a beta reminded me of the Reach Beta's generator defense mode. That was pretty fun, I wish it had made it into the full game. It worked really well on that one firefight map too, although I guess it wouldn't have on most of the others.

Fuchsdh

This would be amazing.

Locations:

Flat Desert
Hilly Desert
Flat Tundra
Hilly Tundra
Flat Grasslands
Hilly Grasslands

Snow/Sand/Normal variants of every forge piece.

My pie-in-the-sky Forge update is terrain and piece palettes like classic Blizzard editors. So choose a snow, desert, or grass terrain and then pick the Forerunner, human, or Covenant skinned pieces to populate it with. Add a snow, rain, or fog weather effect and bam.

As long as halo 5 Forge is a progression more akin to Halo 3 -> Reach than Reach -> 4 though I won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom