• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I'm gonna bump this question cause I'm curious what yall think. I've barely played CE multiplayer, and aside from 2v2 Slayer, I really have no clue what gametypes it does especially well.
2v2 slayer, oddball
8v8 CTF (Blood Gulch and Sidewinder in particular)
FFA Rockets on Prisoner
So..

Coag, Zanzi, Ascension, Sanctuary, Lockout and ???

Turf pls
Gotta be Midship. I'd argue it's the most universally adored map in the series.
Sanctuary sucks.
Of all your trips on the bad opinion train, this is one of the stronger ones.

Mix

I bet we see New Mombasa intro/new multiplayer map (Sanctuary) and "Don't forget, when you pick up the MCC you're also going to get Halo 5 beta access" and a trailer showing something off that we haven't seen yet, maybe a teaser and a date for something bigger. At least that's what I want...
EDIT: FUCK ME I'm gonna miss the conference, I have to take my stepmom to work AT 7. Do you think I'll be able to rewind the twitch stream as it goes live?

I bet we see New Mombasa intro/new multiplayer map (Sanctuary) and "Don't forget, when you pick up the MCC you're also going to get Halo 5 beta access" and a trailer showing something off that we haven't seen yet, maybe a teaser and a date for something bigger. At least that's what I want...
EDIT: FUCK ME I'm gonna miss the conference, I have to take my stepmom to work AT 7. Do you think I'll be able to rewind the twitch stream as it goes live?

I have yet to see a livestream do that, unless it's a DVR-like setup where you can rewind so long as you already watched it. Not all that familiar with Twitch, though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think we can expect the bolded. I have a feeling we won't see more of Halo 5 till right before the MCC launches.

blamite

The most I'd expect to see of H5 in the next month or two is a longer CG trailer like the one from the beta announcement. Probably a week or two before the MCC is out they'll start talking about specific details then do a blowout in the month between MCC and the beta.

You could use a browser extension to capture the video as it plays. For Google Chrome try Screencastify. I've used it for a variety of stuff and it's decent, I've never tried it to record Twitch streams though.

IHaveIce

Banned
If Midship is indeed the sixth map the game would have fantastic maps and would be awesome on the competive side already, though there has to be a second bigger map, why would they make new vehicles if there are no maps for them.

Or one map is a forgeworld..

I also expect the remaining Halo 2 maps as remasters as dlc

Omni

So..

Coag, Zanzi, Ascension, Sanctuary, Lockout and ???

Turf pls

There's gotta be at least one more big map. Like Waterworks. I can't express how disappointed I'd be if we only got Coag and Zanzi that are actually good for larger battles.

Ascension in general is just awful. Sanctuary is okay but Reach ruined it for me. Never been a fan of Lockout either. The idea of Turf (completely overrated) or Midship (boring) being the final map is just blaaaah. And we all know that people who want all tight arena maps are just gonna be playing Halo 2 or 3 anyway because no doubt they'll find something in the Anniversary mode to bitch about how it ruins 'competitive' play

Plus it would make sense to have an even split. 3 small arena type maps. 3 medium/large BTB maps.

/my rant on the subject

Halo and the Journey of The Master Chief
Join the Halo Developers from 343 Industries for an in-depth look into Halo: The Master Chief Collection and other upcoming Halo projects and releases. Come celebrate The Master Chief and the future of the franchise as we take you on the next steps of your Halo journey.

PANELISTS:
Dan Ayoub [Executive Producer, 343 Industries], Frank O'connor [Franchise Director, 343 Industries], Kiki Wolfkill [Partner Executive Producer, 343 Industries]
http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/halo-and-the-journey-of-the-master-chief

haven't seen it posted here yet. Excited for it.

Nebula

Some fantastic environmental hazards in these maps.

Just had a game where the host changed and all the ckeckpoints disappeared for the remainder of the game.

Nebula

How'd that turn out?

Gave me a chance to learn the track since I was already leading. Most of the other drivers just drove of the edge constantly for 8 minutes though.

Just won a race because the guy in first flipped on the last lap. I was catching him anyway but he probably would have won if that didn't happen.

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn it. I'm going to miss Master Chief collection since it looks like they're saving it for the end and I have to go to work. If anyone can capture that footage I'd love to see it.

-Ryn

Banned
Gave me a chance to learn the track since I was already leading. Most of the other drivers just drove of the edge constantly for 8 minutes though.

Just won a race because the guy in first flipped on the last lap. I was catching him anyway but he probably would have won if that didn't happen.
I expected bumper cars and makeshift ramps but driving off ledges is fun.

Those kinds of wins are always super cool. Love games where if you somehow ended up in last you can still speed into first if you're skilled enough (though Halo isn't really that kind of game).

Havent been on GAF in a while, what Halo/HaloGAF related have i missed?
There will be playable Ascension at GAMESCOM along with a new map, Stinkles likes German, and Speedy has a girlfriend.

I expected bumper cars and makeshift ramps but driving off ledges is fun.

Those kinds of wins are always super cool. Love games where if you somehow ended up in last you can still speed into first if you're skilled enough (though Halo isn't really that kind of game).

There will be playable Ascension at GAMESCOM along with a new map, Stinkles likes German, and Speedy has a girlfriend.

anyone watching the Stream? anyone live tweeting it? im at work and cannot access twitch.

Scratch that. I got the shitty twitch app on my phone.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
"The Halo Channel" announced.

Looks like a hub for all things Halo on XBO. Can stream matches there and see stats, etc.

EDIT: Looks better than that Halo Waypoint app on 360

Top Bottom