• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Fuchsdh

Mmm. Can't wait to get a VOD for the dev diary to take a look at those multiplayer map shots. One looked a whole lot like the Halo 5 version of Midship/Zealot. Seven maps at 11 weapons is a pretty substantial chunk of the game too. Think I spied at least two new weapons, but couldn't say for sure.

I assume the unlocks will be cosmetic like the majority of progression in Halo 4. People who play the beta will get a shinier gun skin earlier than other people.

Halo Channel looks cool, a realization of what Waypoint shoulda' been in terms of integrating all the Halo games together.

Purple coming back in Halo 5 confirmed.

There were those who said this day would never come... although honestly it looks to be a continuation of the move to indigo.

Nebula

Finally lost my first race. Got flipped at the start but managed to get into second before it ended. Had at least 4 guys who knew the track and had decent mongoose driving skills. Tough game.

Mix

Pretty happy with my expectations being what they were, Halo Channel looks like what Waypoint was meant to be and Halo 5 is looking gorgeous. Sanctuary also looks great.

Future gaming time dominated by MCC and H5 beta confirmed. Zero complaints, all hype and Halo channel seems better than Waypoint app. Those nightfall shots look real slick, loving that production value.

The 343i team and tangible deliverables feel far more polished these days.

Mix

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/499188171423236099/photo/1
EDIT:
Bu14_w1CIAA4Ssa.jpg:large

tweet says: Did you spot something looking a lot like Midship during the Halo 5: Guardians Beta video?

Omni

Fuck I didn't know this was tonight. Should have been paying attention

It's being recoded and stuff right? I really wanna see it

Buwx

Holy crap... That was a lot more info than I expected. The Halo Channel looks like an incredibly superior Halo Waypoint. Halo 5 info... They seriously said, like, all the right things... And Sanctuary looks gorgeous.

Again, holy crap.

Mix

Okay, so it looks like at least two (maybe three?) of the beta maps are remakes from different Halo games. Obviously Midship from Halo 2, but it also looks like that city map in the trailer is Skyline from Halo 4 and it also looks like Condemned from Halo: Reach's DLC might be in there but I'm not sure yet.

Fuchsdh

Why no MCC bundle?

Guess it didn't make sense. That does mean we'll probably get a Halo 5 console, but I guess now I have to decide between a white $400 console without Kinect or $500 black with.

Okay, so it looks like at least two (maybe three?) of the beta maps are remakes from different Halo games. Obviously Midship from Halo 2, but it also looks like that city map in the trailer is Skyline from Halo 4 and it also looks like Condemned from Halo: Reach's DLC might be in there but I'm not sure yet.

Having a fair number of remakes actually sounds like a good plan for a beta IMO, just because you know how those play in their old incarnations and it's easier to see what changes the new sandbox brings. Obviously I don't want all remakes though, especially since I don't need to pop in another disc or plug in a new console to play most of the old ones...

Mix

Also, it looks like weapons are:
new Rocket launcher?
Assault rifle
Battle Rifle (with a red dot looking sight, maybe they just changed the scope on it? :/ )
SMG
DMR (also with a different scope, the more I look at the scope, the more I'm worried that it's customizable as well as ADS)
same new rocket launcher again
and Halo 4 model Sniper Rifle
and of course the sword is shown on Midship
Also, it looks like the small assault rifle that's on the cover of Ghosts of Onyx is in it too.
Guess it didn't make sense. That does mean we'll probably get a Halo 5 console, but I guess now I have to decide between a white $400 console without Kinect or $500 black with.

Having a fair number of remakes actually sounds like a good plan for a beta IMO, just because you know how those play in their old incarnations and it's easier to see what changes the new sandbox brings. Obviously I don't want all remakes though, especially since I don't need to pop in another disc or plug in a new console to play most of the old ones...

I totally agree on having the remakes, I'm not complaining at all. I love the idea of bringing back classic maps that work.
ALSO, this looks to be the new MJOLNIR Mark VII, it's very similar to Halo 4's Chief armor, but with small changes, to look streamlined, something like making a new car model thinner and sexier, also it's Locke's Helmet.

Madness

4v4, equal starts, on map weapon spawns, no armor abilities, no load outs and Midship? Only one person to thank, someone who's had an immediate impact...

JVDm4za.gif

Kibbles

My brain can't comprehend all of this win right now. Midship in Halo 5. Halo 2 ranking is back, sanctuary looks fantastic along with the BR and sniper design, lawd Jesus give me a full match with those pros.

Also is it just me or is neogaf only working on mobile right now? The site isn't loading on my computer.

Top Bottom