• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mix

not in love with the ODSTs
gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-delta-halo-odst-9b4554fd61a94b42ae79a529e7071915.jpg

Omni

My problem with the Sanctuary screenshots on Waypoint...

The blacks are really freaking black. Is that the Xbone crushing them? I remember reading about that a few months ago. It looks like it's gonna be hard to tell what's going on

Vico

Just watched the beta video a second time.
He actually said 7 maps. That's huge for a beta. And they're all just for 4v4 gameplay. Damn.

Also, it looks like weapons are:
new Rocket launcher?
Assault rifle
Battle Rifle (with a red dot looking sight, maybe they just changed the scope on it? :/ )
SMG
DMR (also with a different scope, the more I look at the scope, the more I'm worried that it's customizable as well as ADS)
same new rocket launcher again
and Halo 4 model Sniper Rifle
and of course the sword is shown on Midship
Also, it looks like the small assault rifle that's on the cover of Ghosts of Onyx is in it too.

There are 11 weapons in the beta, so I'm going to guess the rest are covenant weapons.

lilty

I'm really excited for Midship in Halo 5, but it looks really blue. Like, to the point where seeing the blue team might be a problem.

Madness

I'm really excited for Midship in Halo 5, but it looks really blue. Like, to the point where seeing the blue team might be a problem.

Yeah, same goes the sanctuary remake. I don't like the tint/filter/lighting or possibly contrast. Soemthing about it just seems off. Maps look a bit too dark, and very yellow, brown, or cool blue in a sense.

TheOddOne

Whether they're in or not, I wouldn't even expect them to put it in the beta, because I'm sure this is not something they would reveal before, like, e3.
Yeah, the beta seems to include the tried-and-true formula with all the things we all familiar with. Next year we will see their new stuff in action.

it's like everything else in the game got a nice modern touch up but the ODSTs. I'd still really like to see Johnson in game.

They really shoulda just used the Reach models for the ODSTs.

Also, grand Prophet ntkrnl was right again.
Halo 5 beta is going to be fun... should run throughout December, 6-8 maps, 2 arena maps, 2 forge maps.
They just announced that the beta will have 7 maps.
Also I wonder how many maps will be in the final game if we are getting 7 in the beta.

Homeboyd

an official halo channel..

ABOUT DAMN TIME 343! :D
The spectator like channel for MP sounds awesome. With how xbox is pushing the tv integration thing so hard for the Xbone, having the ability to turn on the xbone and just watch some competitive MP at a high level will be great. I know you can do this with twitch streams, but I hope it's very easy to access.

i.e. open up halo channel and click on pistola's stream (or whoever is streaming atm) and just watch a few games.

Just the last few steps before competitive gaming starts getting their own dedicated channels on satellite/cable.

The spectator like channel for MP sounds awesome. With how xbox is pushing the tv integration thing so hard for the Xbone, having the ability to turn on the xbone and just watch some competitive MP at a high level will be great. I know you can do this with twitch streams, but I hope it's very easy to access.

i.e. open up halo channel and click on pistola's stream (or whoever is streaming atm) and just watch a few games.

Just the last few steps before competitive gaming starts getting their own dedicated channels on satellite/cable.
I wanted this since before H4 and thought they had it planned outside of godawful waypoint. Now this is freaking fantastic!

Vico

Wait... Bundles for sunset overdrive and CoD but not TMCC?

:(

A bit disappointed, yeah, but honestly it makes sense. Halo fans will buy the console anyway, and Microsoft pushes them to try Sunset.

Sunset bundle is perfect for me.
399, white console and controller, and two weeks before Halo which will allow me to get confortable with the new system.

Awesome news to wake up to. =)

Whoa. Where is this from?

I does drain down. Fills channels on the ramp and flows into a creek that runs through the map.

Frankie, random question-

Sanctuary looks damn beautiful, but the lack of colored paint on the outside of the Mausoleum entrances bugs me. Any chance it'll return? It was a great mapside indicator, but it also just looked really cool and gave things an adventurous vibe.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Awesome news to wake up to. =)

Whoa. Where is this from?

Frankie, random question-

Sanctuary looks damn beautiful, but the lack of colored paint on the outside of the Mausoleum entrances bugs me. Any chance it'll return? It was a great mapside indicator, but it also just looked really cool and gave things an adventurous vibe.

Not sure about final decals but honestly the skybox makes this the absolute easiest Sanctuary to orient yourself on. There's no doubt which way is "north."

sploooooooooge.gif

That's awesome. And according to those three concept art pics posted above, it looks like bare minimum we know of three maps:

Midship
"Skyline" (very similar aesthetic at least)
Urban-themed Condemned (the malfunctioning center-of-gravity-room got a brief glimpse in one of the trailers)

I really wish they would have gone with a color scheme for Midship along the lines of what they had in the concept art, though. Harvester-esque purples and greens would have been better than overbearing blues and oranges. Concept art works great as a desktop background, though!

iN5ocYwWfkMcO.png

By the way, unless they're really going all-out with reusing stems from 4's OST (which I doubt because it sounded like there was some completely new stuff in there), I think it's safe to say Davidge is still scoring for 343 Industries in some capacity. No other Halo composer has as much of a boner for bitcrushed percpads as he does.

Not sure about final decals but honestly the skybox makes this the absolute easiest Sanctuary to orient yourself on. There's no doubt which way is "north."

Cool, now that you mention it, I do bet the skybox helps a ton.

I still would love to see the color decals on the entrances, they help add a bit of diversity to the color, and just make the aesthetic pop all the more. IMO of course.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That's awesome. And according to those three concept art pics posted above, it looks like bare minimum we know of three maps:

Midship
"Skyline" (very similar aesthetic at least)
Urban-themed Condemned (the malfunctioning center-of-gravity-room got a brief glimpse in one of the trailers)

I really wish they would have gone with a color scheme for Midship along the lines of what they had in the concept art, though. Harvester-esque purples and greens would have been better than overbearing blues and oranges. Concept art works great as a desktop background, though!

iN5ocYwWfkMcO.png

By the way, unless they're really going all-out with reusing stems from 4's OST (which I doubt because it sounded like there was some completely new stuff in there), I think it's safe to say Davidge is still scoring for 343 Industries in some capacity. No other Halo composer has as much of a boner for bitcrushed percpads as he does.

Incorrect, all the new music is Kaz. I will ask him about his boner-u desu.

Top Bottom