• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Unrelated to Halo media blowout news: going through more FM8 samples and it looks like Marty used a few other presets. Listen to Crunch Cruiser (track 5/12 Vol. 2) on the demo tracks here, and then listen to the Zealot ditty from Winter Contingency Suite.

EDIT: Wow, what the hell Marty. The melodies he used in Reach using that instrument aren't even his - it's an arpeggiator! I'm playing around with Crunch Cruiser right now and holding down the key produces the exact same melody from the Reach soundtrack, just in different melodies. For shame.

belushy

Banned
The question is whether it'll actually be big like Forge World or if we can only forge in the canyon. Saying it is the Forge World of H2A doesn't mean much.

It probably be best to stick to a small location. Don't want to risk the lag that the Reach forge world had for some maps.

I just love how the colors pop:

cr5Zn6U.jpg

Also, I'm super happy to see the old Jackal design return:

E4L48EB.png

I just love how the colors pop:

cr5Zn6U.jpg

Also, I'm super happy to see the old Jackal design return:

E4L48EB.png

Better, Correct jackal designs. now if they would fix the hand the shield goes on we'll be fine.

*insert bullshit change for sake of change reason why jackals were elite juniors here*

also Frankie, Why the hell does the BR have a Red Dot Sight?

Halo 4 is going to seem really weird in the MC collection with its very different Grunt and Jackal designs.

Yeah I'm extremely curious about the red dot sight too. If it is just for looks, it's all good.

BR probably has minimal zoom to contrast against the DMR, and while it will behave just as it used to, it will have the aesthetics of a red dot sight.

Fuchsdh

Halo 4 is going to seem really weird in the MC collection with its very different Grunt and Jackal designs.

BR probably has minimal zoom to contrast against the DMR, and while it will behave just as it used to, it will have the aesthetics of a red dot sight.

That was my thought as well—they're going to further differentiate the BR and the DMR by their ranges, and the scopes are an indicator. I know people love the BR but I think if you're going to keep both weapons something more drastic than the H4 Turbo balancing had to happen.

As long as it's not ADS I'm good :)

Yeah I'm extremely curious about the red dot sight too. If it is just for looks, it's all good.

"simulated ADS" if that happens then Fuck 343 as studio and fuck 343lo as multiplayer. there is no reason for Halo to have ADS or Simulated ADS.

Deception

"simulated ADS" if that happens then Fuck 343 as studio and fuck 343lo as multiplayer. there is no reason for Halo to have ADS or Simulated ADS.

Umm simulated ads would just be zoom? All that would imply is they are changing the magnification. Some people just love to get crazy for no reason.

Woorloog

Banned
Umm simulated ads would just be zoom? All that would imply is they are changing the magnification. Some people just love to get crazy for no reason.

And as a visual effect (works like zoom, still used with right stick) the character pulling the weapon to their eye level is completely inconsequential if the animation is just as fast zooming normally is.
Of course, if doesn't differ from zoom as it is now, there is no point in wasting time on such animations. But i'd say it is their time to waste.

aj1467

The smg in ODST has a red dot sight and a smart linked scope. It worked how we expected it to work. I think this will be a similar thing. Red dot for aesthetics, but with a smart link scope built in. Right click zooms as per usual.

daedalius

Well Halo 5 sounds incredible, still looking for the other footage.

Should have stayed awake!

Welp that 2v2 match on Sanc looked incredible. The new BR sound effect is nice, definitely like it better than the sort of tinny effect in H4. Sanc is gorgeous. Will probably spend lots of time in H2a multi for sure.

Wow 60fps is definitely better but its going to take some getting used to.

Loving hearing that music in the vidocs, feels a lot more inspired by the original trilogy than Halo 4's was. The halo channel music was like OG Halo theme + 117. Got me rock hard.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think the armor looks so shinny because it may have real time reflections. Reflecting the bright white background would make it bright and shiny. Idk just sayn

Yep, the setup here is kind of akin to the showroom mode in Forza, purely to show the silhouettes of the armor off for the vidoc, and the models you're looking at will not look like that in game.

I wonder what the full set of weapons in the Halo 5 beta will be. They said "11 sandbox weapons", but I'm not sure if that just means 11 weapons or 11 weapons not counting the AR and pistol. We currently have

1.Assault Rifle
2.Battle Rifle
3.SMG
4.DMR
5.Sniper Rifle
6.Rocket Launcher(?)

Man, 11 isn't a whole lot of weapons for a beta test, especially after Halo 4 had some super unbalanced weapons. I imagine(assuming 11 sandbox weapons means 11 weapons in general) that the weapons for the beta will be

1.Assault Rifle
2.Battle Rifle
3.SMG
4.DMR
5.Sniper Rifle
6.Rocket Launcher(?)
7.Shotgun
8.Pistol
9.Plasma Pistol
10.Needler
11.Energy Sword

Zoolader

So I haven't been following this thread but did skim over the last few pages. When watching the H5 beta video I took a screenshot of something that interested me and don't know if it's been discussed. Has there been any mention if weapons will have different firing or sight modes? Or are these designs purely cosmetic?

iUwMoUWHIZc5s.png

So I haven't been following this thread but did skim over the last few pages. When watching the H5 beta video I took a screenshot of something that interested me and don't know if it's been discussed. Has there been any mention if weapons will have different firing or sight modes? Or are these designs purely cosmetic?

iUwMoUWHIZc5s.png

Fire mode switches have been on the weapons in Halo for a long time.

iUwMoUWHIZc5s.png

ibicePi96KmrFs.gif

Do we need alternate sights beyond zoom? And I'd like select fire on the BR so I don't have to deal with a three shot burst that might hit 2/3 of its payload.

Zoolader

Fire mode switches have been on the weapons in Halo for a long time.

I guess I forgot, haven't really played much Halo since H3.

edit: What's with the snarky comments? I'm looking at some H4 assault rifle models and these H5 switches look all new. Weird that people would scoff at a question to a game we hardly know anything about.

iUwMoUWHIZc5s.png

Seeing the AR being used as a sniper and semi auto gun in the cutscenes made me rage about no getting that feature in game

iUwMoUWHIZc5s.png

Done right, alternative firing modes could be really cool. Odds are it is purely cosmetic though.

I am curious, since Dual Wielding is not in, but we know the SMG is returning.. how will it perform in comparison to the AR? Shame it isn't the scoped and silenced SMG from ODST.

Top Bottom