• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

-Ryn

Banned
Just watched the footage of match on Gamersyde.

HOOOLYY SHIT it looks amazing! I watched it in bothe 30 and 60 FPS as well just to see the difference. 60 FPS is weird. Really awesome looking. But it feels so weird with Halo. I thought my head was gonna explode.

Franky wasn't joking when he said you'd be able to tell which side of the map you're on.
The Halo Channel looks really cool as well.

I am so excited for this game.

I just got around to watching the H2A footage and OH MY GODDDDD

60FPS looks so good with Halo. Took me a minute to adjust, but when I did it looked perfect. So far I honestly have zero complaints about the look of H2A minus the "flatness" of the Elite shielding. It's honestly exactly what I'd ask for from a remake of Halo 2 on XBO hardware - it looks a lot more faithful to Halo 2 overall (albeit I considered CEA's look over CE's stylistically a massive improvement) and works extremely well within the confines of having the original graphics underneath. Things are surprisingly rich in contrast to the really muted green-purple-gray-brown that governed the original's colors, and the matte-ness of it compared to how glossy CE and CEA were is nice, again, it feels really faithful.

I love how visible flame kicks up beneath the smoke of the frags Metal Slug-style, too. I hope that gets worked into Halo 5 rather than the usual "even radial distribution of near-instant heat and smoke" that most grenades pull.

HRckUlX.png
Where did you watch campaign footage? I must know!

CyReN

coming from THC and getting banned from beyond because i didnt agree with Ghost on whatever his settings were, paints Beyond in a bad light. spoiler: not everyone likes the Beyond Community.

You have been banned from like 3+ Halo communities, sometimes you have to take time and reflect that maybe it isn't others but yourself.

I don't mind your posts tbh, but when you constantly shit talk people and bring very little to the conversation you will get banned.

I honestly don't know about our community anymore, people say we can be aggressive, too competetive and now suddenly slurpers. If we are all of those then I guess we are in the medium and I'm ok with that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, Frank, you guys have Gaf seating for the PAX panel? :)

Hopefully not in the parking lot...

I'll be headed out there with a friend on Thursday that week.

Blueblur1

Watched that H2A MP footage a couple times. Is it me or are there 2 different sound effects used for the Magnum?

New sound effects when the player uses it around the 1:02 mark and the Halo 4 sound effect when an opponent is firing one around the 1:22 mark.

The gameplay itself looks great but I'm not happy with a few things.

• Loadouts a.k.a. Weaponsets
  • Grenade markers
  • Player Models (they have a perfectly good Chief model they can use from Campaign)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well, my Gold just ran out. Not going to renew unless I get an Xbox One in the distant future. Had a lot of fun playing with you guys in the past, though.

Franklez, can you comment on whether or not the music in the Halo 5 Beta First look video is work-in-progress music for the Halo 5 soundtrack? I really really like what I've heard so far. I believe in Kazuma.

Fuchsdh

Well, my Gold just ran out. Not going to renew unless I get an Xbox One in the distant future. Had a lot of fun playing with you guys in the past, though.

If Daedalos' Gold runs out and he still doesn't have a mic, does anyone care?

Get a One sooner.

Hmmm so there's a gravlift from shotgun tunnel to snipe on Sanctuary now. Interesting.

I actually like this adjustment.

The brute chopper and grenade launcher both need to make their return in Halo 5, both were awesome to use. The Revenant in Reach was a sad replacement for the chopper (though I liked that too).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so apparently when they say halo 2 ranking is returning... that also means the icons too... niceee

I loved the icons

I'm confused as to why anyone thinks any Halo developer listens to people on forums, or would even want a developer to listen to a forum's consensus opinion? The consensus opinions of forums regarding pretty much anything are terrible, and I would hate for a developer to actually listen to that garbage. Unfortunately, intelligent people who developers should be listening to get lost in the idiocy.
Halo Wars devs did a fine job IMO.
This is neogaf. You make up your goddamned mind NOW. And don't be dissuaded by evidence.
I've made up my mind that it'd be pretty cool to make an OP Pistol for the Beta just to test out :] -- Who knows, maybe people will like it enough for AR/Pistol starts :] :] :]

;]

Kibbles

I haven't seen anyone point this out yet so does the fact that they will be making a model in the MCC for the Spectre (at least in the campaign) make it more likely it'll be in the 2.5 multiplayer?

idk if they use the same stuff cause the SMG model in the multiplayer looks sexy but looks like poo in the campaign.

What was the deal with neogaf this morning? I was bummed that it wasn't working during the MS conference. I had to resort to complimenting Halo MCC on Tashi's twitter. I'm sure gaf was back up in time for Sony's conference...
conspiracy theory! ;)

-Ryn

Banned
idk if they use the same stuff cause the SMG model in the multiplayer looks sexy but looks like poo in the campaign.
I see. I haven't managed to get a look at the campaign footage they showed yet due to it not working on my phone (and I am without a computer
TT-TT
) so I haven't seen it yet. Is it really that bad? If that's the case that probably shoots down my theory. Still though I hope it's in.

Sad panda here with no mention of a halo master chief collection bundle/special edition console. It perplexes me to no end why MS makes the decisions they do. In light of Sony running away with all the sales, announcing or just teasing Banjo Kazooie would have caused quite a stir at gamescom, possibly mass pandemonium. It doesn't even take a genius or even someone with a marketing/business degree to know what games they could work on to promote some serious hype for the xbox one. They really need to let Rare loose to do some new non-kinect stuff and also to work on older IP's like Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, and Conquer.

-Ryn

Banned
Sad panda here with no mention of a halo master chief collection bundle/special edition console. It perplexes me to no end why MS makes the decisions they do. In light of Sony running away with all the sales, announcing or just teasing Banjo Kazooie would have caused quite a stir at gamescom, possibly mass pandemonium. It doesn't even take a genius or even someone with a marketing/business degree to know what games they could work on to promote some serious hype for the xbox one. They really need to let Rare loose to do some new non-kinect stuff and also to work on older IP's like Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, and Conquer.
Banjo-Kazooie_Nuts_%26_Bolts_Game_Cover.jpg

Why does this exist?

TheOddOne

Sad panda here with no mention of a halo master chief collection bundle/special edition console. It perplexes me to no end why MS makes the decisions they do.
How about you give us a Halo bundle?
MS: CALL OF DUTY?
No, I rather have a Halo bundle.
MS: CALL.. OF.. DUTY?
Halo!
MS: C-A-L-L OF D-U-T-Y?

tumblr_n6mycaAO111somw7ho5_250.gif

Halo!

This. Exactly. I mean they've been trying to play up the call of duty crowd for years and it's not even exclusive. Should have gone with the MCC seeing how it's literally the one game generating so much appeal for the xbox one right now.

I don't know what's going on over there.
BslSMMu.gif

-Ryn

Banned
It was released in 2008 and fairly popular. It's been 6 years. Viva Pinata and Lost in Paradise were released in 2006 and 2008 respectively. I guess I'm not sure what you're saying.
I didn't play it much but from what I did play it wasn't that great. At least not as a Banjo game. Plus I hate the character design. Ugh...

Isn't it generally dislike among the fanbase though?
Do you think it's worth giving another shot?

Halo!

It baffles me that instead of celebrating the game that is essentially the reason for its success with a special edition they decide to promote a stupid fish with lasers that stagnates innovation...

Yes I am bitter!

I didn't play it much but from what I did play it wasn't that great. At least not as a Banjo game. Plus I hate the character design. Ugh...

Isn't it generally dislike among the fanbase?
Do you think it's worth giving another shot?
Maybe not, but a lot of the problems were because Rare deviated from the game's platforming roots. I think it has a decent enough following though, and could be big again if given a chance. During the press conference this morning, I was disappointed that the exclusive premier was Scream Ride. Could be fun, but I don't see a roller coaster tycoon game doing much on the xbox one. I could be wrong. There are plenty of decent enough IP's that could be brought back and I don't understand why MS won't allow Rare to jump back into mainstream games.

-Ryn

Banned
Maybe not, but a lot of the problems were because Rare deviated from its platforming roots. I think it has a decent enough following though, and could be big again if given a chance. During the press conference this morning, I was disappointed that the exclusive premier was Scream Ride. Could be fun, but I don't see a roller coaster tycoon game doing much on the xbox one. I could be wrong. There are plenty of decent enough IP's that could be brought back and I don't understand why MS won't allow Rare to jump back into mainstream games.
Rare made some good games back in the day. I loved the first to Banjo and Kazooie games and own the first one on the 360. I they just need to be given complete creative freedom so they can stretch their wings.

OT, but I just got done producing a suite that ended up being 12:18. Album's at 13/21 tracks so far and it's already 61 mins long. Feelsgoodman.jpreg

debating hosting it on soundcloud but I've already hosted half the album on there already

Top Bottom