• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

P10XRer.png

F5epp.gif

-Ryn

Banned
It's a mix of improvisational digital production and prepared recordings. On a technical level, it's shooting to be somewhere between ODST, Reach and Wars. Slightly leaning towards Wars.
I guess that explains why you're able to spot the "artificial" sounds in Marty's tracks so easily. I'm replaying Wars right now and the soundtrack really is great so it'll be cool to see how you integrated them (if that's the right word).

Loads Twitch on iPhone 5 then searches "xbox" and gets no xbox channel or stream search results. Same issue last night. Once the stream was going xbox got on the front app page, only way I could find the stream. Ugh!

Kibbles

31min past due. Still not up and no sign of it coming. fml

This is not going to be worth it even if they do end up going live.

willow ve

Can you imagine the wait time in every hopper of Halo 4 if they had strict Trueskill matchmaking parameters? Every gametype would have wait times similar to Arena in Halo Reach.

It's not Trueskill that is to blame - it's population size. And that is due to a whole host of reasons.

Madness

Dammit, I was up, and yet I missed it. What did they show during the stream?

Also, those of you with Kinects, would you say they've been worth it? I'm very heavily leaning towards the Sunset Overdrive bundle now that there is no MCC one. I kind of feel like I should've just bought those titanfall Kinect bundles when they were going for $419-$449 a few months back.

jem0208

Also, those of you with Kinects, would you say they've been worth it? I'm very heavily leaning towards the Sunset Overdrive bundle now that there is no MCC one. I kind of feel like I should've just bought those titanfall Kinect bundles when they were going for $419-$449 a few months back.

They went through some of the Halo channel stuff. Seems pretty cool. Then they did a quick 5 minute demo of Delta Halo. Didn't miss all that much really.

As for Kinect, depends really. I use it a lot when watching TV or Netflix. It's pretty awesome that it can turn my TV and my TV box on and off. However the system is perfectly usable without Kinect. You won't be able to use "Xbox; Record that" though.

Can you imagine the wait time in every hopper of Halo 4 if they had strict Trueskill matchmaking parameters? Every gametype would have wait times similar to Arena in Halo Reach.

It's not Trueskill that is to blame - it's population size. And that is due to a whole host of reasons.

If it were in a playlist that didn't have multiple thousands of players, I might agree. But this is just stupid.

I use mine a lot. Saying "Xbox On" and my TV, surround sound, cable box, and Xbox are all turned on. Pretty darn nice. Same thing for turning it off.

Switching from one app to another is pretty nice with it. You don't have to go searching through menus or pin it to your home screen, I can just get sick of playing TitanFall and tell Xbox to go to Netflix or Amazon Instant Video or whatever.

Changing the channels for TV is really nice. For example "Xbox watch ABC Family" and it turns it right to it, regardless of what channel number it is. Mine also automatically goes to the HD version of the channel so I don't have to worry either.

Gameplay wise, though, it does not add much at all. I know my gf used it for Tomb Raider because just calling out what weapon you wanted would change it in game, and I use it for recording cool stuff in my games, but otherwise I don't use it much for actual gameplay.

Kind of up to you. It's good for all the other non-game stuff but is quite lacking when it actually comes to games.

Akai__

I can find 2 games in Halo 3 ranked, before I find a game in Halo 4, so there is that...

ElRenoRaven

They went through some of the Halo channel stuff. Seems pretty cool. Then they did a quick 5 minute demo of Delta Halo. Didn't miss all that much really.

As for Kinect, depends really. I use it a lot when watching TV or Netflix. It's pretty awesome that it can turn my TV and my TV box on and off. However the system is perfectly usable without Kinect. You won't be able to use "Xbox; Record that" though.

Wow. Really? That makes me glad I didn't stay up or wake up 3 hours early for it. Expected something more substantial based off the way it was worded.

m23

It comes down to personal preference. I like using it for things like recording, watching tv and snapping stuff. If I didn't have one now it would be weird. I guess it depends on if you'd use the voice commands, because they can be a lot faster than controller input for some things.

Omni

It's crazy how close the aesthetic of that level is to the original. Seems like Saber aren't really stylising everything to the point that they did in CEA.

Not sure if I prefer it that way or not. At the very least I'd like to have seen weather effects or something applied to a few levels. That area on Delta Halo would look great with some volumetric fog for example

Top Bottom