• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I miss firefight. Too bad ODST ain't coming back :(
I have faith that Firefight will come back only because there is so much potential in it. Look at zombies in COD, ME3 multilpayer, Horde Mode in Gears of War. There are so many ways FF could be expanded upon and improved.

nillapuddin

zqlFUW5.jpg

sorry dude, partied up on Xbox One

(yes this is really happening)

nillapuddin

Well I won my first couple matches playing 2 games at once, there was a pretty good rhythm between playing half of each titanfall match and half of each Halo match, switching off everytime I got a Titan or when I saw enemies on screen in Halo lol

nillapuddin

Isn't the input lag too strong? I mean playing 360 through hdmi in at launch was impossible due to input lag did it improve?

yeah it improved drastically, Ive also read that if you set it to 720p (plz no jokes, fucking serious) it reduces the lag

Im not sure if its true, but I did before I started playing anyways, and Ive been playing passthrough for an hour with absolutely no noticeable slowdown

IHaveIce

Banned
yeah it improved drastically, Ive also read that if you set it to 720p (plz no jokes, fucking serious) it reduces the lag

Im not sure if its true, but I did before I started playing anyways, and Ive been playing passthrough for an hour with absolutely no noticeable slowdown
Wow that is really good to hear, I might want to try that since I have too few hdmi inputs in my TV, so I could put my 360 in the One and have room for PS4 and Wii U without switching

-Ryn

Banned
It's gonna be a blast hanging with all you guys
on Halo 2 in 1080p 60FPS. Wort wort.

I'm changing my GT to Lil Bungi3 117
Make it Babby Bungi3 117. Much cooler.

The best was Proxy chat. Killing someone when they were talking/yelling and having their voice cut off abruptly.

miss little stuff like that
Didn't they have that until 4? I remember having a lot of fun in 3 and Reach using the proximity chat and being dissapointed at the lack of it in 4. Really hope it returns.

I want more voice filters. Beat Halo 4 on Legendary to unlock Didact voice filter, Library on Legendary no deaths to unlock Guilty Spark filter, etc.
I never knew I wanted this until now.
I wonder if that would work very well online and what voices could take advantage of it though. Obviously Guilty Spark like you said but what Didact sound like?

I have faith that Firefight will come back only because there is so much potential in it. Look at zombies in COD, ME3 multilpayer, Horde Mode in Gears of War. There are so many ways FF could be expanded upon and improved.
ODST FireFight is the best FireFight.

What would you personally want as an addition if you could pick one?

zqlFUW5.jpg

sorry dude, partied up on Xbox One

(yes this is really happening)
Why hasn't your TV exploded?

nillapuddin

Wow that is really good to hear, I might want to try that since I have too few hdmi inputs in my TV, so I could put my 360 in the One and have room for PS4 and Wii U without switching

yeah I was apprehensive at first at was just planning to do some light forging while chatting on the Bone, but once I started playing I didnt feel like stopping. Damn I miss Halo so much.

Why hasn't your TV exploded?

more p's than PS4 /s

Omni

I wonder how Dedicated Servers are gonna change the way I play with people overseas.

I mean it's certainly not perfect now. But I can kinda play with people in the US without too much drama usually. Especially in non-competitive custom games where a little bit of latency isn't noticed. But with Halo 2 on the PC, for example, connecting to US servers is awful. Completely unplayable. As is it with games like BF4

I hope it's not too bad

-Ryn

Banned
No thanks I like Elites, also I want to see invasion return in the future.
I miss our squid lipped friends.
Invasion NEEDS to return. Generator Defense and Spartans vs Elites as well.

*edit*
Wait a second... IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THEY WILL BRING INVASION TO 2.5 MULTIPLAYER!?

IHaveIce

Banned
I wonder how Dedicated Servers are gonna change the way I play with people overseas.

I mean it's certainly not perfect now. But I can kinda play with people in the US without too much drama usually. Especially in non-competitive custom games where a little bit of latency isn't noticed. But with Halo 2 on the PC, for example, connecting to US servers is awful. Completely unplayable. As is it with games like BF4

I hope it's not too bad
yup I could play Halo 4 fine with US HaloGAF, I mean it wasn't perfect but still playable, though searching on US server in Titanfall is awful

Defect

I miss our squid lipped friends.
Invasion NEEDS to return. Generator Defense and Spartans vs Elites as well.

*edit*
Wait a second... IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THEY WILL BRING INVASION TO 2.5 MULTIPLAYER!?
What maps would they use? I can't even see the bigger maps like Zanz or Coag working.

-Ryn

Banned
What maps would they use? I can't even see the bigger maps like Zanz or Coag working.
Well assuming the rumor that Coag will be the "Forge World" of the game I can easily see people making maps for it. Even if it was only Coag I can still see it working given that the canyon in Forge World had a few good Invasion maps (I don't think it was scaled up that much in Reach). Zanzibar could even be one if you modified it since it's already built with one sided game types in mind. There's also the idea of small scale invasion (4v4 or 3v3) which could be done on maps like Sanctuary.

I think it could really work. Not to mention since the game (2.5 multiplayer) is being made with the One in mind then maybe the Forge budget will be increased which adds even more possibilities for map making.

On a scale of "tripped over a sea shell and landed on a nest of sea urchins" to "hanging ten on a tsunami wave while making out with your Waifu to the chorus of Rip it Up", how radical was your experience?
Posts like this make me feel really uncomfortable to post here anymore. Back to lurking.

(And yes. I do not know which of the two represents my experience of "I had a lot of fun getting my ass kicked and cannot wait for Halo: The Master Chief Collection!". I am excited for MCC.)

-Ryn

Banned
Posts like this make me feel really uncomfortable to post here anymore. Back to lurking.

(And yes. I do not know which of the two represents my experience of "I had a lot of fun getting my ass kicked and cannot wait for Halo: The Master Chief Collection!". I am excited for MCC.)
I'll be waiting with spare shades and less ambiguous posts.

So catching a nice wave with Dolphins in the background as the cute girl in a bikini looks on with interest?

I need to sleep

Has it been confirmed that grenade indicators are placeholders? Random people in twitch chat say that Bravo has said they won't be in the final H2A multiplayer.

Nowise10

watching Halo 2 anni...could these Halo 4 medals be any more boring

They will likely be changed in the release game. Alot of stuff was changed just from E3, and I've noticed a few bugs in some gameplay footage to show they are still making a decent amount of changes still.

Homeboyd

They will likely be changed in the release game. Alot of stuff was changed just from E3, and I've noticed a few bugs in some gameplay footage to show they are still making a decent amount of changes still.
Yeah but do you think they're going to create an all new medals set for this? I doubt it... I think they'd use either Halo 4's or Reach's and since they made 4's, that's the logical choice.

I don't like 4's medals at all.. I just don't see them building an all new set or reverting to something they didn't make and that's old/no longer applicable.

I don't like 4's medals at all..

Gauging the forum reactions, very few did. I'd confidently say the vast majority of Halo fans preferred the medals from Halo's 2 through Reach. Max Hoberman was saying how the design philosophy for H2A was "if it doesn't clearly improve the game/map, it doesn't make it in... not broke? Don't fix it". I wish they'd apply that to the UI design. Not only are the medals inferior, they disappear far too quickly too. And do we really need a Rocket Kill medal? Really?

Gauging the forum reactions, very few did. I'd confidently say the vast majority of Halo fans preferred the medals from Halo's 2 through Reach. Max Hoberman was saying how the design philosophy for H2A was "if it doesn't clearly improve the game/map, it doesn't make it in... not broke? Don't fix it". I wish they'd apply that to the UI design. Not only are the medals inferior, they disappear far too quickly too. And do we really need a Rocket Kill medal? Really?

They were a little too busy and there were too many of them, but I liked the idea of unifying the medal designs.

Blueblur1

There are so many medals and many of them are so pointless that I don't care about them anymore.

Which I doubt is what 343 intended to happen.

Fuchsdh

They were a little too busy and there were too many of them, but I liked the idea of unifying the medal designs.

Yeah. Some of the problems with confusing medals is solved just by removing the general kill medals for weapons. Having too many of them eventually starts feeling like overload and reduces the impact of each one. Would love for them to bring back the certain power weapon spree medals.

They should just remove those callouts from above the radar. Who is going to call the Shotgun/Sniper spawn on Sanctuary the "Overgrown Shrine" anyway? All it's doing is wasting space and looking ugly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

There are so many medals and many of them are so pointless that I don't care about them anymore.

Which I doubt is what 343 intended to happen.

They should just remove those callouts from above the radar. Who is going to call the Shotgun/Sniper spawn on Sanctuary the "Overgrown Shrine" anyway? All it's doing is wasting space and looking ugly.
zw3Fc.gif

Great posts this morning.

uwdanman

Neo Member
Not sure if this is consistent with other gameplays, but is the Audio announcement "Team Slayer" upon the game starting missing?

Top Bottom