• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Is it possible 343 are using H4 assets like the announcer, medals, hud, grenade indicator, honeycomb damage screen, and etc. as placeholders in h2a?

They did changed the sniper using the CEA model, but mixed it up from the former H4 sniper. Looks real nice.

CyReN

My Sol emblem is back, very happy.

Customization-2.png

source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0alwZgEU7JM

Karl2177

They were a little too busy and there were too many of them, but I liked the idea of unifying the medal designs.

This probably poor wording, so I can clarify later if you need me to. I like the idea of unifying the medal designs, but looking back on it, there was this side effect of taking away design themes that I don't like. What I mean by this is that for multikills, the player knew it was a circle with stars inside indicating the number(sans Killionaire, but I'll get to that). With a four pointed star, the player knew it was a spree of 5. 5 pointed star was a spree of 10, 6 pointed star was a spree of 15, and so on(until you get to the 40 spree). These extra ones, like Killionaire and Unfriggenbelievable were considered Legendary medals, so they have a different theme to them.

Obscured

Catching up on some of the most recent news and I have to say, I am intrigued by the Halo Channel. Seems more integrated.than waypoint was so I'm more likely to make use of it. It will be interesting to see how it actually works.

Watched some of that off screen play earlier and I'm not usually one to complain about the quality of play, but dammit, shoot your gun, it is the trigger on the right. And how can you not find any enemies for so long on a map the size of sanctuary? I did appreciate that guy picking up and playing with all of the weapons though.

jem0208

Catching up on some of the most recent news and I have to say, I am intrigued by the Halo Channel. Seems more integrated.than waypoint was so I'm more likely to make use of it. It will be interesting to see how it actually works.
I think it's really going to be helped by the fact that you can really quickly switch between apps and games on the X1. The way point app on the 360 was okay but massively hindered by how long it took to go from it to in game.

This probably poor wording, so I can clarify later if you need me to. I like the idea of unifying the medal designs, but looking back on it, there was this side effect of taking away design themes that I don't like. What I mean by this is that for multikills, the player knew it was a circle with stars inside indicating the number(sans Killionaire, but I'll get to that). With a four pointed star, the player knew it was a spree of 5. 5 pointed star was a spree of 10, 6 pointed star was a spree of 15, and so on(until you get to the 40 spree). These extra ones, like Killionaire and Unfriggenbelievable were considered Legendary medals, so they have a different theme to them.

Don't get me wrong, I missed that sense of escalation in design too, but I meant more I liked the idea of unifying the medals with a more consistent set of rules, coloration, etc. - even if it's something as simple as reducing the amount of colors and gradients, certain colors apply to certain gametypes, etc. Those subtle design choices that underscored progression were definitely an aspect of the old Bungie medals that should have stayed.

They should just remove those callouts from above the radar. Who is going to call the Shotgun/Sniper spawn on Sanctuary the "Overgrown Shrine" anyway? All it's doing is wasting space and looking ugly.

I really like this idea but the implementation could be reduced to one word. By design I can see why they don't label them by weapon spawns e.g. sniper or shotgun...what if they alter that weapon spawn or it changes based on gametype?

Is this real life? Please 343i get this confirmed ASAP. EDIT: Saw Stinkles comment in the MCC thread. I'm still wondering about clan playlists though but that's looking like on the cutting room floor.

I was going through some of my friend's old Halo videos and found his awesome Warthog montage. Thought i'd share it here. We've been playing halo together since H1. Can't wait for MCC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xY3JzushXk

Great montage, thanks for sharing. The first 2 minutes is pure Standoff gold and that flag box push over the edge is priceless.

Madness

Hopefully the Halo Channel supercedes Waypoint and now that they are just Halo on Twitter, they can remove the "Waypoint" name altogether and reboot their site. I wonder when they'll announce how Stats collection will work.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the Halo Channel supercedes Waypoint and now that they are just Halo on Twitter, they can remove the "Waypoint" name altogether and reboot their site.
Yeah, a reboot of the website seems likely. And hopefully not in name only -- I'd love to see the folks behind the Halo Channel UI redesign it.

Blueblur1

Yeah, a reboot of the website seems likely. And hopefully not in name only -- I'd love to see the folks behind the Halo Channel UI redesign it.

Their branding should straight up be Halo.com.

Edit: Which is apparently taken by some online retailer. I had no idea. How lame.

Hopefully the Halo Channel supercedes Waypoint and now that they are just Halo on Twitter, they can remove the "Waypoint" name altogether and reboot their site. I wonder when they'll announce how Stats collection will work.

My personal guess is Halo Channel will be on X1 and apps only and the Waypoint website will get a redesign but not re-branded. I still hold out hope for an API too.

Fuchsdh

I really like this idea but the implementation could be reduced to one word. By design I can see why they don't label them by weapon spawns e.g. sniper or shotgun...what if they alter that weapon spawn or it changes based on gametype?

Well, you can shorten it to "shrine" yourself and people will prolly understand what you mean. Naming after power weapons works as well, but that A) depends on power weapon placement being static, which at least for new Halo games seems like something you don't want to bank on, and B) isn't really any more memorable than a piece of geography.

-Ryn

Banned
So is there really any difference between Clan tags and Service tags?

I guess there's the possibility that they are integrating a clan system into the Halo Channel. I wonder how customization in 2.5 is going to work? Will you be able to change your armor or just the color and emblems? I'm hoping that the highlights (secondary color) will be more akin to how it was in Halo 2 but probably not. Not a big deal though.

I was going through some of my friend's old Halo videos and found his awesome Warthog montage. Thought i'd share it here. We've been playing halo together since H1. Can't wait for MCC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xY3JzushXk
That was god damn radical!

CliQ

So is there really any difference between Clan tags and Service tags?

I guess there's the possibility that they are integrating a clan system into the Halo Channel. I wonder how customization in 2.5 is going to work? Will you be able to change your armor or just the color and emblems? I'm hoping that the highlights (secondary color) will be more akin to how it was in Halo 2 but probably not. Not a big deal though.

That was god damn radical!

Yeah we had a lot of fun on Standoff. Avalanche was another one we did some pretty crazy stuff with the hornet and a guy on each side with plasma pistols.

Here's another little something from back in the day as well. Just more great memories of Standoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7QjHpP8Z30&list=UU44lpPKmu-NyGAHJXNA6Iqg

Top Bottom