• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Computron

Wow, this P.O.S. managed to crash my PC. Not even bluescreen, just threw me out to a hard reset. Haven't had that in forever.

Computron

The controller or the 3 monitor thing? Either way that's nuts.

Maybe its the controller driver? IDK, i've ran H2V a lot with this same PC and its usually stable.

It is uncapped in framerate and the main menu does get like 99997FPS which is usually cause for concern. I haven't done any overclock adjustments in months and BF4 and BF:HL have run very well and stable.

Computron

I got on a couple of days ago. There's STILL a ton of those A 0000___ servers spamming the list. It's like fucking stop that shit already

edit: monument to all our sins

hMIOpZO.jpg

All that electricity going down the drain....

Heh, maybe if they run those servers long enough they'll develop sentience or go rampant.

Computron

This fall and 2015 is when both XB1 and PS4 are really going to get the big games.

Is there a list of these games? Preferably not including games that I would much rather play the PC version of with the XBONE controller.

What are you guys looking forward to? I essentially bought this as a Destiny/MCC/MGSPP box. (Oh and Gears and Halo 5 if they're any good.)

-Ryn

Banned
Maybe its the controller driver? IDK, i've ran H2V a lot with this same PC and its usually stable.

It is uncapped in framerate and the main menu does get like 99997FPS which is usually cause for concern. I haven't done any overclock adjustments in months and BF4 and BF:HL have run very well and stable.
If that's the case then yeah I'd imagine the controller had something to do with it. Sounds like everything runs solidly otherwise. Wish I had a PC like that (or at all).
Is there a list of these games? Preferably not including games that I would much rather play the PC version of with the XBONE controller.

What are you guys looking forward to? I essentially bought this as a Destiny/MCC/MGSPP box. (Oh and Gears and Halo 5 if they're any good.)
I'm looking forward to a lot of games this year and next. As far as exclusives for the One though?

Halo MCC
Scalebound
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Ori

Those are the exclusives anyway. A bunch of Indie games coming to both the One and the PS4 are looking really awesome. Nintendo also has some sweet new stuff coming out
SPLATOON!!
that will finally make me get a Wii U.

It's a good time to be a gamer.
I'm gonna be so broke though.

*edit*
Forgot about Project Spark and Crackdown 3.

Sometimes I wonder why 343 puts the BR in Swat on huge open maps which obviously the Dmr will dominate the whole time. Why not Carbine or the Lightrifle instead? Just seems pointless in Halo 4.

Team Slayer playing Infinity is just so unbalanced i don't even know why people still play it.

Proving Grounds seems alright. I like it, but the population is always low when I play it.

Don't get why folks dislike Thruster pack, usually the complaint is it being too weak. It's a useful AA, imo. Get out of a fight for a few seconds to push right back in and it's a rewarding feeling if you out BR another player based on your maneuverability combined with TP.

Lets just say in Halo 5 there is Default Sprint in MP. BUT 343 gave us a toggle option for customs and a preference system if you don't want to play any games using it or other garbage or even Spartan Abilities.

You're put in with other players who wants to play those games on any map and gametype using their desired preferences where there is no Sprint, no SA, and/or etc.

(Is that what you guys were saying to have a custom browser?)

That way you won't really be splitting the population in a Social & Ranked playlist.

Ukumio

Banned
There's a new Metal Gear coming out? Will it be an actual full game or is it add on content for MGS 5?

Pretty sure Ground Zero was like Part 1 of MGS 5, or like a prequel to the game, or something. All I know is that Phantom Pain is the main game.

EDIT: Just checked, its in fact a Prologue/Prequel to the Phantom Pain game. Phantom Pain will be a full game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Call me nuts, but I think Halo 2 still looks pretty good. Dated, sure, but it doesn't make my eyes bleed or anything. Even Halo 1 I don't have an issue with.

There's a new Metal Gear coming out? Will it be an actual full game or is it add on content for MGS 5?

Ground Zeroes was just the intro mission with side stuff. The Phantom Pain will be the main game with all the things you love about fulton.

Interesting setting. I'm not familiar worth the author but I have hopes

He wrote the BioShock book "Rapture". It wasn't groundbreaking or anything, really safe, but not bad.

-Ryn

Banned
Pretty sure Ground Zero was like Part 1 of MGS 5, or like a prequel to the game, or something. All I know is that Phantom Pain is the main game.

EDIT: Just checked, its in fact a Prologue/Prequel to the Phantom Pain game. Phantom Pain will be a full game.
Ground Zeroes was just the intro mission with side stuff. The Phantom Pain will be the main game with all the things you love about fulton.
Sweet. If that was just a prequel then it's gonna be cool to see what a full game is like.

Madness

Just curious, how many of you guys here would actually appreciate a ranked/social split, and visible, in-game ranks for Halo 5?

a new Halo book is news to me. not sure about it being about the Covenant but it could be interesting. I wasn't expecting much out of the Forerunner Saga books and they were really good.

Duji

Just curious, how many of you guys here would actually appreciate a ranked/social split, and visible, in-game ranks for Halo 5?

Yep. Except the ranked/social gametypes should be the same. None of this Arena Slayer, Legendary Slayer, Infinity Slayer BS. Just Slayer.

-Ryn

Banned
Yep. Except the ranked/social gametypes should be the same. None of this Arena Slayer, Legendary Slayer, Infinity Slayer BS. Just Slayer.
It really does need to stay simple. Variety is obviously good but things have gotten needlessly convoluted.

Though as I said, variety is good. If 343 made a playlist that featured various versions of one gametype I wonder how well that would work? It would switch which game type it was doing on a weekly basis or something like that.

Couple of things to add about dedis:

1. Azure global data pipes = shitload better than ISP with a shitload less hops between multiple ISPs and less server processing in transit.

2. Accurate rank stats, no more split games, lost stats from host migration.

3. No more duplicating weapons or vehicles or resetting a dropped flag etc.

4. No more black screen waiting for host migration or attempted standby/network manipulation.

5. No more host cheating or booting or throttling.

I've said I before dedis are one thing but global/regional Azure network is another level beyond that.

FyreWulff

Holy crap this looks amazing. How hard would it be for 343i to implement something like this into the MMC? Properly won't happen even if a lot of people cried out for it as most of their attention would be on Halo 5 at that point.

Wonder if Scarabs are actually networked though. I don't think they can be.

edit: video answered my quesiton lol

-Ryn

Banned
Holy crap this looks amazing. How hard would it be for 343i to implement something like this into the MMC? Properly won't happen even if a lot of people cried out for it as most of their attention would be on Halo 5 at that point.
Super Scarab BTB in Halo 5

Beli343

*edit*
Top of the page?
le-internet-medley-3-o.gif

It all gun b k guyz.
343's got this.

Omni

Why'd you take the slip covers off Halo Wars and Halo 2? That bothers me more then everything else there :eek:

Fuchsdh

Getting >120fps across 3 1080p monitors... actually seems kinda low, but this game isn't exactly optimized.

Your move 343 :-D

Y5j6Qqg.jpg

VK6kuKA.jpg

nkA4HQO.jpg

BzTghfw.jpg

iMPln3b1dWEv7.png

Color me amazed that there actually is stuff on the side of the screens and not unrendered garbage.

Son, get on my level.

udz4Kqm.jpg

I still don't get why Mortal Dictata suddenly got supersized.

I honestly assume part of the inconsistency is they go with whatever better deal there is on print runs, and that might be a slightly different paper size depending.

One of these days I'll probably make custom slip-covers for everything.

The "old" Covenant warships look awesome to me. Can't get completely hyped for more prequel stuff, but if they give us good Covenant culture stuff like Mortal Dictata, Cole Protocol, or Contact Harvest I'll be satisfied.

Blueblur1

I'd definitely like a split. But there should be some variety, IMO. Don't make it so every ranked playlist is duplicated by a social one. That just fragments the player base even more.

Broken Circle better not introduce weird digital-soul-consciousness-eternitymind-genesong-ghost-hologram-primordial human shit to shoehorn a relatable perspective in there. The history of the Covenant is really interesting, but begins somewhere around like 1300BC.

The ground engagements for the Hunters are going to be nuts, if they're included.

Top Bottom