• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

d6d1e3a6413b5c8a1cce1294b3691629.png

Dat bullet magnetism.

It's like they're basing it off of Halo 2 or something.

Fuchsdh

That's the coolest Primordial design I've seen so far.

BTW, has anyone figured out how the Forerunner homeworld from Greg Bear's Cryptum is supposed to look? I wish 343 would release some official illustrations because the description in the book is confusing. Something about a planet in parallel horizontal slices that are fanned out in a semicircle. I mean, wat? Am I supposed to picture a spiral staircase-like structure or something?

Frankie pls cut up an orange and show us.

You're in luck. One of the FUD guys runs a fan art contest on the side for visualizingelements we haven't seen in the games. One of the rounds was to depict the Forerunner capital, and Bear himself said that this one actually comes close to what he envisioned: http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=7400
9298690584_18701a7eb9_o.png

Just make it pretty in your head. More pictures in the link.

9298690534_7dc3ee6c74_o.png

willow ve

You're in luck. One of the FUD guys runs a fan art contest on the side for visualizingelements we haven't seen in the games. One of the rounds was to depict the Forerunner capital, and Bear himself said that this one actually comes close to what he envisioned: http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=7400
9298690584_18701a7eb9_o.png

Just make it pretty in your head. More pictures in the link.

9298690534_7dc3ee6c74_o.png
So their home world was essentially comprised of flattened Halos? I'm OK with that.

Or wait. Would the Halo rings fit into the home world to complete the full sphere? That would be awesome. Halo death star?

Fuchsdh

So their home world was essentially comprised of flattened Halos? I'm OK with that.

Or wait. Would the Halo rings fit into the home world to complete the full sphere? That would be awesome. Halo death star?

This thing is bigger than the Ark, so I think the Halos could fit with room to spare. They wouldn't "slot in" to the design.

Karl2177

The comeback kill medal almost feels like the game is making fun of you. Maybe it'd work better if you got it when you get a spree after dying 3 times as opposed to just 1 kill.

I'll be blunt. This is really stupid and a terrible idea. Never reward a player for doing something bad.

^There wasn't an audio cue in 3, ODST, or Reach. There was in Halo 4.

d6d1e3a6413b5c8a1cce1294b3691629.png

Dat bullet magnetism.

I look forward to the return of the Halo 2 Noobified videos

The hitscan/bullet magnetism, the noob combo, the melee lunge, the lack of fall damage, the swipe sniping, good times

but with no stand-bying/blue screen of death thank God

jheaOWcDP9hVn.jpg

oh and the rocket lock-on for vehicles, and the sword that has like infinite ammo and zero start-up time so you can press Y to switch from your SMG and be like "lol you lose unless you have a shotgun" from like 20 feet away. The sword didn't even have to be out to kill somebody, just let that red sword reticle show up and free kills

It's like they're basing it off of Halo 2 or something.
Yeah, I hope they make the Rocket curve into enemy players as well :]
I'll be blunt. This is really stupid and a terrible idea. Never reward a player for doing something bad.

^There wasn't an audio cue in 3, ODST, or Reach. There was in Halo 4.
You mean like building an achievement
or two or three or four..
that creates poor player habits?

And what's this about blunts?

uwdanman

Neo Member
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/channel/esr

MLG discussing Halo with Saucey right now.

Edit: Not much discussed. But I thought MLGPuckett seemed a bit more knowledgeable about the MCC collection than Saucey led on to show. I know Saucey does a lot of research/content for teambeyond.net so this surprised me. This is a time for the community to be bold and excited to talk about Halo with venues such as MLG :)

I did find their comments on the Halo 5 Midship concept art though. Puckett brought up the fact that there looks to be 2 pink rooms on each side of the sword platform. Not sure I would like that as it almost makes the map too symmetrical. Too symmetrical of a big map may slow things down, but maybe not so much in a 4v4 setting.

Do we know how armor customization is going to work yet? I would guess that there's a tab where you can customize the armor from each game on one page (would be pretty cool). Though there are armor permutations in 3 attached to achievements and rank in Halo 4, with different achievements and Halo 2's rank system taking over I would assume everything is going to be unlocked.

Also, did anyone notice how the light reflects off of the butt of the BR? Looks so good.

-Ryn

Banned
I agree.
Isn't that rewarding a player for doing something good (or at least better) though?
A spree is better than 1 kill no?

It could work

Call it "Elzartacular"
Make it happen 343

And what's this about blunts?
I think it's because he smoked my idea.

Do we know how armor customization is going to work yet? I would guess that there's a tab where you can customize the armor from each game on one page (would be pretty cool). Though there are armor permutations in 3 attached to achievements and rank in Halo 4, with different achievements and Halo 2's rank system taking over I would assume everything is going to be unlocked.

Also, did anyone notice how the light reflects off of the butt of the BR? Looks so good.
As far as I know they havent confirmed anything yet regarding the Anniversary multiplayer.

And yes the BR is purdy.

Karl2177

You mean like building an achievement
or two or three or four..
that creates poor player habits?

Ugh, yeah. Regarding achievements, CEA had alright achievements, but it's kinda hard to screw up single player achievements. Other than that though, 343i didn't have good achievements in either Reach or 4. Here's to hoping that they can make MCC without garbage cheevos.

^Your other post was wording awkwardly. I thought you meant getting a death spree of 3.

For anyone watching this stream, look at what radar does to Halo. Destroys the pace of a game and has a negative impact on player behaviors, at least IMO. People staring into 5% of their screen while they inch around is lame.

They brought back the OG overshield pick up for those who are curious.

I got giddy when I saw that.

So aside from the fact it's not OG Halo, what is the issue with hitmarkers? I don't necessarily hate them, but I'm curious as to the stigma.

Rather unsurprisingly I suck at this race playlist.

Once you know what to expect, it's a bit easier, but yeah I'm crap on that playlist.

So aside from the fact it's not OG Halo, what is the issue with hitmarkers? I don't necessarily hate them, but I'm curious as to the stigma..

People associate hit markers with modern FPS's a la Call of Duty, which is a no-no when it comes to mixing with the pureblood arena FPS Halo. Personally, especially on bad connections, hit markers are good indicators to see if your shots are at least landing at the person you're shooting at. A lot of people would rather have good audio/visual feedback, a la Reach, as for me, I'd rather have both.

Akai__

i stick by my words. Hit markers are one of the only good additions in Halo 4.

To each their own, but saying "if you disagree, you are wrong" is laughable.

The reason why I don't like hit markers of any kind is, that people can easily tell, if somebody was hit by a grenade or a long range rocket shot. You know, that it hit your enemy and you know you can push him, eventhough you didn't see it by yourself, while in games without hit markers, you had to play it safe, most of the time, because you didn't know that.

People associate hit markers with modern FPS's a la Call of Duty, which is a no-no when it comes to mixing with the pureblood arena FPS Halo. Personally, especially on bad connections, hit markers are good indicators to see if your shots are at least landing at the person you're shooting at. A lot of people would rather have good audio/visual feedback, a la Reach, as for me, I'd rather have both.

That's exactly why I like them. If I'm lagging real bad, I at least know where to somewhat compensate my aim. I suppose the shields glowing with each hit is enough of a cue, but that can be hard to see sometimes.

To each their own, but saying "if you disagree, you are wrong" is laughable.

The reason why I don't like hit markers of any kind is, that people can easily tell, if somebody was hit by a grenade or a long range rocket shot. You know, that it hit your enemy and you know you can push him, eventhough you didn't see it by yourself, while in games without hit markers, you had to play it safe, most of the time, because you didn't know that.

GRENADE hitmarkers can be a bit ridiculous, that I can agree to, but regular bullet hitmarkers don't bother me.

Top Bottom